Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 28 October 2012
This is the opening story of Leah. Initial impressions were of a young woman with little confidence or self esteem, meets young handsome Ben, member of the band, Liberation and both about to start at university, maybe a romance? It then becomes apparent that she is the victim of control and even physical abuse by a father, she still loves. Past incomplete events appear in nightmares, horrors soon turn into paranormal creatures, Harbingers. The description of which may become visitations of your own nightmares, but I hope not. An accident forces Leah on a journey of fear, mystery, romance and ultimately truth, of the knowledge and acceptance of other life forms for good and opposing evil. She starts to learn that she has an important purpose and a value to these opposing factions of good and evil.

This is an intriguing and mysterious story. At the end of this novel the reader is just coming to terms with an unusual, original and fascinating paranormal idea. I felt an initial disquiet at a few loose threads, to me important ones. However, the writer Andrea Baker takes pity on her readers and leaves an introductory chapter of the next episode in what I believe will become a fascinating series. The loose threads start to be dealt with....

The story is aimed toward younger audiences but I think it has appeal for YA and a much broader age range of readers.
I've considered this for 4 or 5 stars, personally I feel it is a good four star, and if the first chapter of the next book is anything to go on I think that 5 stars will soon follow. I've enjoyed it and have no hesitation recommending it to those who enjoy paranormal elements in their reading choices.
on 9 January 2013
I think that this is a fabulous debut by a promising new author
I thoroughly enjoyed the twists and turns and dark undercurrents woven into the story and cannot wait to see the progression of Leah's tale as the series progresses.

I think the characters were well detailed and you instantly wanted wanted more ....
A recommended read.
on 14 October 2012
A superb read, really worth a look! Looking forward to the second in the series. Andrea Baker kept me turning the pages.
on 28 February 2013
This book seemed pretty good and had nice twists but i felt the ending was a bit abrupt! Worth a read though. Think local twilight
on 30 January 2013
I'm sorry to write this but this book is just dull. I really didn't want to give a negative review but with heartless dialogue and characters so wooden you get a splinter from turning the page, a bit of balance needs to be brought. The plot is dreary, the pace shambling, and the whole thing is rife with repetition. There are undertones of Twilight but these are pale reflections and would only appeal to the most Cullen-starved reader. Perhaps there will be improvements in the next installment but I won't be buying it to find out.
on 15 October 2012
l started reading this book today after purchasing it Saturday. My intention was to read perhaps a chapter and continue whenever l could spare the time.For me it was impossible to put the book down, l have read it from cover to cover and would thoroughly recommend it. The imagination of the author is commendable. Please write another very soon.
on 23 October 2012
Just finished reading this wonderful book. Filled with both empathic and charismatic characters and settings, I'd highly recommend this for, not only YA audiences, but anyone who likes fantasy, romance and adventure.
on 28 September 2014