4.0 out of 5 stars A must if you have Aperture 3

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
Published 11 months ago by Raw Edge Photography

4.0 out of 5 stars A must if you have Aperture 3, 3 Sep 2010
Major Peter D. Williams (Horndean, Hampshire) - See all my reviews
The authors always produce a good book and this is no exception. I still keep it by my side when using Aperture 3, even though I have been using the application for some months. My end product, after sorting, adjusting (improving?), adding keywords and altering metadata is the slide show. This subject is not covered in as much detail as I would wish, so I have given four stars rather than five. All users of Aperture 3 will have iMovie and iPhoto, which interface with aperture. This is not covered at all, I am left with little guidance in putting together slide shows with video clips imported through iMovie, for example. I would also have liked more detail in explaining the relationship between files, projects, albums, smart albums, etc, especially the setting up of smart albums, with which I still have difficulty. The settings are not straightforward and if you get one wrong, your smart album gathers in all sorts of unwanted images.

But there are only two books on the market at present and this one is essential if you want to make use of the fantastic attributes of Aperture 3.

Peter Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide, 18 Jun 2011
There is a huge amount of excellent instruction available through the Apple website but I was looking for paper copy. This manual covers everything in a beautifully presented format. Read it from cover to cover or pick at the bits you need - it's all there from basics to professional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aperture 3 Guide, 9 May 2011
Brian Mc Kinley (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I'm still reading this excellent manual. It is best used as a reference when using the program as it covers all aspects of Aperture but you need to use it regularly to benefit from the hidden treasures highlighted in the book. I would like to have seen more coverage of creating photobooks but otherwise it is comprehensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple Aperture : A Workflow Guide for Digital Photographers, 8 July 2012
This is a very good book. I have been using Aperture 3 for the last 18 months and this book provide a very clear and thorough guide to Aperture 3 photo editing and file management. It never leaves my desk, It is easy to follow and is excellent value. I would recommend this book to anyone using Aperture 3. Before I purchased this book I read snippets from it on line and I liked what I read. I felt that purchasing the book would provide with a much better knowledge and understanding of management and editing with Aperture 3 and I am pleased to say that I am not dissapointed in this respect.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Apple Aperture 3: A Workflow Guide for Digital Photographers (Kindle Edition)
A very disappointing book. The authors may know their subject matter but they do not know how to put it across in an easily accessible way. Far too little space is devoted to how to process images and how to make the most of Aperture's processing tools. In the Kindle version many of the images used to illustrate a point are disassociated with the relevant text and the images of screen shots of dialog boxes are unreadable, even when enlarged to full screen. The book is also out of date as it mentions services no longer available, such as MobileMe. I have learnt more through trial and error using the software than through reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well produced, 24 Jun 2013
J. Tomlinson (UK) - See all my reviews
A good product from apple it will help me decide if aperture software is for me.. I am still wading through it