5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a really good stubble shaver
Published 15 months ago by A reader

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS. I just bought this in ...
DO NOT BUY THIS.

I just bought this in Harvey Norman in Dublin after reading the reviews here. There was a couple of one stars but mostly 5s so I went for it. The below review about it taking FOREVER to trim your beard is exactly true. I don't even have a thick beard, if anything, it's kind of patchy. Also, the longest length is too short.
Published 23 days ago by Reg White

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a really good stubble shaver, 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Stubble Trim (Personal Care)
Have had three of the previous model of this which did a good job but the blade guard always broke around 1 year. This is a much more sturdily made product and the battery lasts a lot longer. The length settings are ideal for stubble, starting at 0.4 which is a very close stubble and without too much irritation. I tried a Remington Horizon before this - it was awful with useless length settings and returned it straight away as it cut my face!

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 22 Sep 2013
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Stubble Trim (Personal Care)
compared to my previous babyliss that they dont make anymore, it is better
fantastic settings
It does pull the hair a little if you use it too fast
Charge seems to be holding well so far.
Downsides- it does leave the occassinal hair uncut- so need to keep any eye out for that especially on the beard
gathers hair under the blade- so every mintutes need to empty the chamber under the blade by lifting the guard up
If you damage the guard, not sure if you can get a spare
Still feel a ceramic head is better than titanium
Overall- good value for money adn a reliable brand name

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivered fast Works great, 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Stubble Trim (Personal Care)
Impressed with this product.
It's working great, does everything it says on the tin.
good value for money for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars twenty pound bargain, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Stubble Trim (Personal Care)
After three years plus, my similar but more advanced older model of this started not working so well and the battery didn't last that long. So I started looking for a replacement. I paid sixty pounds for it then. This newer and improved lower spec model was just twenty pounds, I thought good price, worth the risk. The only difference between this and its two more expensive models is that it uses a manual dial for the shave grade rather than a motorized or touch screen button. As far as I can see the performance is exactly the same.

Things to note, it needs a sixteen hour first charge and like my previous model I find it isn't as good on the Adams apple area and the moustache area, where I use a Philips electric shaver with a pop up trimmer if necessary.

After buying and trying many brands of beard and stubble trimmers, this make is the only one that has done a decent job. Its not perfect, but I'm very happy with it. Especially for twenty quid.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS. I just bought this in ..., 27 Nov 2014
DO NOT BUY THIS.

1.0 out of 5 stars not good, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Stubble Trim (Personal Care)
It just doesnt cut the hair very well. With my last trimmer it took 5mins, now im lucky to do it in under 20mins. Also it misses out chunks and leaves you patchy and you end up going over it again and again. Would not recommend, especialy at that price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Babylis stuble trim, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Stubble Trim (Personal Care)
The item is a Christmas present for my grandson and he had reported to his mum that this was an excellent purhase

5.0 out of 5 stars men stubble trim, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Stubble Trim (Personal Care)
good product, arrive on time.so far use only twice and had no problem with it. good product and i would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Modern and great build but..., 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Stubble Trim (Personal Care)
The product is of great build quality and has a contemporary look to it. However, the way it functions is dazzling. The rotating head doesn't quite adjust properly on my face which resulted in having a non-uniform stubble. I had to clean shave because of it. I won't mind keeping this product if I wanted to have a small beard just bigger than a stubble. Since I only want a stubble, it doesn't do the job.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't cut, won't cut!!, 11 Oct 2013
M. Reed "www.fabricten.co.uk" (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BaByliss for Men Stubble Trim (Personal Care)
Ok, over the years i've been through a lot of beard trimmers, as the years have gone I reverted back to basics with Wahl hair clippers, things change house etc and this was on a lead so i decided to go back to a beard trimmer. Doing a bit of research the Babyliss stubble trim seemed to me to be a good purchase considering it was around £50-£60 originally, and now i know why it was reduced, not because they just felt like it or its old stock, no because it doesn't work, sorry misleading, let me correct that, it does work if you have around 15-20mins for a shave. it starts off well but just leaves long hairs that it just wont grab, you go over and over your face and eventually time, instead of vanity gets the better of you and you give up. How many times have i asked my girlfriend to have a close look and make sure theres not any obvious long hairs showing. Now i'm really kicking myself as i'm due for a shave as i keep putting it off, but as I'm on the site I'm going to order new rechargeable clippers, back to basics.
To summarise, dont bother, and either spend more money for something decent or get clippers, these are not fit for the job, but maybe good for the dog.

BaByliss for Men Stubble Trim