on 19 December 2013
Everything about this Receiver is class, It's like a breath of fresh air, easy to install took about ten minutes and that includes the set-up which is straight forward, the remote is good in your hand, very comfortable to hold, it's just a joy, and, as always Amazon were on the ball with next day delivery.
on 30 July 2014
Bought this recently after seeing so many good reviews here (didn't buy from Amazon though). It's fine except that the sound needs to be turned up very high when compared with watching something which is not coming via the box. We also find the guide very cluttered and slow, when compared with the one on our previous Freeview box, and the remote is very 'clicky' and rather annoying. I suppose one gets used to these things, but if we could have seen it working before purchase, we wouldn't have bought it. For the TV guide, it's much easier and quicker to use an online one (or phone app one).
on 31 May 2014
Both this to replace Virgin as my package was getting very expensive and I have just retired. Dish installed by Freesat HD installer - excellent service. A couple of times I have had a purple screen but tuning off box and and starting again eventually resolves issue. A tad disappointed that I can only record one programme at a time while I am viewing another but very good product in all other aspects.
on 6 February 2014
As someone who is as technology minded as a sledge hammer, I can thoroughly recommend this product. It scoops up all the channels you could ever want. Its smart function is a boom. Recording and replay, pause and rewind picture are so easy to operate. Delivery was even better than promised. What more can I say?
on 20 June 2013
I bought this to replace my sky box, and was impressed initially with all the different functions. But then one of the tuners stopped working....amazon were good with returning the item and refunding my money
on 14 January 2015
Very happy with this product. Saving a fortune on sky and have masses more storage space so can record anything i like for a rainy day without worrying. Wish i'd bought a box like this years ago.
on 30 May 2013
I have had one of these for a few weeks and generally am very pleased with it. As other reviews have confirmed it is easy to set up and use.
There are 2 aspects that let it down though and because Humax publish a very limited specification it is was impossible to check what this box is capable of before buying.

On Demand TV. It does not cope with slow broadband connections.It offers a choice of HD picture quality, SD and a lower quality for slow broadband. Even at this setting the picture freezes every 30 sec while buffering takes place. Our 4 year old tv in contrast has no such problems and copes well with slow broadband albeit at a low picture quality. My guess is that you would need at least a 2Mbs connection to work satisfactorily.

CEC. Most major manufacturers support this. It allows all boxes such as set top boxes dvd players etc to be operated by one remote if they are connected by HDMI cables. My TV supports it as did the PVR this replaced. Humax in their infinite wisdom omitted this function.
on 22 May 2015
I must admit I bought this item from another retailer. When I'm looking to buy anything, I always check out Amazon reviews. The new humax freesat box 1000s 1tb , has got freetime built in , but what if your not interested in the freetime part. I haven't got a computer or router. Hence I was only interested in the freesat part , it still works perfectly , all you have to do is follow the prompts , and hey presto the machine works fine , without having it linked to the internet.
on 10 March 2014
It was very frustrating with initial unit although I have to admit that Humax support was excellent. I did have number of problems with the first unit which could not be resolved and occassional lock up problems became frequent lock up problems. Humax delivered a new unit to my home and collected the defective unit. The replacement is working perfectly and I am delighted with it.
on 19 June 2013
This box is so good I cancelled Sky and ordered another one for the TV in the kitchen. It is very easy to use and I like the fact that you can record 2 programmes at once and use the Catch Up setting.