5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting but scary!
I loved this book from page 1 it was feasible and believeable that something like the story could easily happen in this world with the closeness world travel has given. Couldn't put it down was sad when I finished it.
Published 12 months ago by marilyn george

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but...
Published 16 months ago by Gunkbass

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but..., 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Deadliest Plague (Kindle Edition)
So, I did get to the end of this book but I've got to admit it was a struggle particularly as all but the central protagonist are somewhat two dimensional sketches. The female characters don't even get this level of attention. Thu guy doesn't seem to like women and this book attributes their every rational action to hormones, maternal instinct or sexual desire. At first it just jars and strikes you as a bit 1970's then he really warms up and becomes frankly irritating. I won't bother with his other titles. I'm male by the way.

3.0 out of 5 stars Spell Check required!, 15 Mar 2013
Good book - really!

... but the spelling within almost completely ruins the book.

If you can get your head around the errors, and dont mind the interuptions to your imagination (when trying to figure out what is meant to be written) then a guarantee you will enjoy this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Truly a journey, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Deadliest Plague (Kindle Edition)
This book really did take one on a journey. It was a very well thought out telling of an end of the world situation. Whilst some things did grate on me- the grammatical errors slightly but really the portrayal of women. Pretty sexist, I found. But that didn't overly annoy me.
I enjoyed the story very much, I thought it was different and considered many aspects most books or films don't.
At 96p, it's worth the read. I would recommend it. It just needs a little proof reading and a pinch of salt when it comes to the female leads.

1.0 out of 5 stars Words fail me., 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Deadliest Plague (Kindle Edition)
Quite honestly, one of the worst books I have ever had the misfortune to read. Poorly written, non-existent proof reading and editing, it lurches from one trite cliche to another. You know a book's not even worth the effort of burning when the author can't even be bothered to ensure continuity of one of the main character's names on a single page. Find something, anything else, to read, and leave this one well alone. Don't give up the day job, Brian.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good start but increasingly odd, 28 Feb 2013
S. Parsons (Newcastle England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Deadliest Plague (Kindle Edition)
The first quarter of this book is really good but then it looses its way. Like other reviewers I found the author's depiction of women unrealistic and increasingly offensive. This book could do with the second half being rewritten with the female characters being made more believable. However, there is a good story wanting to come out, despite myself I was disappointed at the rushed ending and I would have liked to know more about how the characters fared.

1.0 out of 5 stars Where was the proof reader?, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Deadliest Plague (Kindle Edition)
There were way too many mistakes for me, I could not read anymore. I feel cheated out of 77p.

Get it corrected, I wanted to give it a chance but it is poorly written.

3.0 out of 5 stars This should have been a 4 star review, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Deadliest Plague (Kindle Edition)
For most of this book I would have given it a 4 star review some of the characters are a bit stereotyped which you can ignore and still really enjoy the book. The story is very believable describing how the world and the UK would cope with a pandemic and I certainly found myself believing it could happen like that.

That was the positive part of the review unfortunately the last third of the book is more about the authors fantasies than what would be in character. I felt really let down by this part of the book from where the main character boards the sea nymph.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Deadliest Plague, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Deadliest Plague (Kindle Edition)
This book would benefit greatly from a good editor. It was spoiled, amongst other things, by poor grammar, spelling mistakes and poor production.
The subject matter is relevant to the times we live in, but perhaps a bit over done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite a good read., 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Deadliest Plague (Kindle Edition)
Quite a good story, very typical and similar to many other stories I've read or seen on tv. However it was entertaining,

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting but scary!, 6 July 2013