Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Shop now

Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force (PS3)
Price:£14.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 3 February 2013
Let me explain. I am a 42 year old woman (and the coolest Mum ever according to my 17 year old son and his friends!!) who has loved R&C ever since stumbling across the first one ten years ago. I have always been a gamer ever since Pong came along and I was the first and only one of my friends to own an Atari. I have tried all genres but R&C has been my favourite game since I first met the fabulous Captain Quark.

I bought a PS3 with my hard earned money mainly because of this and the Final Fantasy Franchises. I loved Tools of Destruction and am actually playing through it again right now, for the 50th+ time. Quest For Booty was exactly what it promised as an inbetween downloadable game. Crack In Time was good but the weapons weren't as good as the weapons in TOD in my opinion and even on the hardest level, it was too easy. Then came All For One which was terrible. I have played it maybe 3 times and I bought it as a pre-order! And then came this effort. It's awful! Running backwards and fowards defending your base whilst at the same time, trying to search for vendors etc. It is the first R&C game that I haven't even bothered to complete. I was really hoping that Insomniac would listen to people like me, the ones who love these games so much we don't wait for them to drop in price or buy them 2nd hand, we pre-order and pay top dollar!

I usually note what other people's reviews have to say but always find out for myself even if I have been forewarned by the fabulous reviewers on Amazon. Sadly I must report that all of the other negative reviewers on here have it absolutely right. What have they done to my treasured R&C? I would've expected this type of game and gameplay on a PS2 not the PS3. It all started so well and lost it's way. I wish Insomniac would have more faith in their product and not try to change it to be more "online friendly". What about us, the people who have stayed loyal year after year and game after game? So, if anyone at Insomniac ever reads their reviews, know that with heavy heart, I leave you R&C. I will miss saving the universe, from laughing at the latest Quark-ism, upgrading my weapons from pop to booooomm, collecting bolts and from swearing at the TV (I know I'm old enough to know better!!) when I get hit and lose my multiplyer! But most of all, I'll miss the fun I had with you my old friend!

Now I have to find another game that DOES deliver the aforementioned fun. Any ideas???

PS - I gave this game 2 stars but really it should be 1. This is purely because I couldn't bring myself to grade it as a single star effort. So I give it 1 for this game and 1 because I love R&C (from yester-year, sniff, sniff)

UPDATE: 21/07/2013 New R&C game due out soon IS return to former glory and game-play style. Hoorah!!!
1717 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 3 December 2012
If you are expecting a multi-level, back to the old days, Ratchet and Clank, then think long and hard before buying this game.
The game is basically a mini game with only three plants to defend which are almost exactly the same, but with different back grounds.
( Please see Bob's review 1 Dec 2012 ). Bob sums it up very well.

Can't think of anything else to say. What a let down.
Dear Insomniac developers,

Please can we have a big, multi-level game, in the style of 'Locked and Loaded', 'R&C 3' and 'Tools of Destruction'.
Personally, I have no need to play against someone in outer Mongolia, or play with a friend. All I ask is you look at your old games and recreate that old magic. I'd pay for that.
Your sincerely,
Maz (Disappointed, but hopeful)
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 1 December 2012
I own every rachet and clank game and have enjoyed them all. I found All For One a bit of a backwards step with the limitations of 2 players and was glad to see that mistake was sorted in Q Force. Right from the off you seem to be chasing around to collect bolts to buy kit to protect your base and its like chasing your tail. The game just doesnt flow combat is patchy, the levels seem rushed even the way you acquire your weapons is lame. My kids have enjoyed the last 3 releases but they dont even want to play this one at all. Maybe a kind of stratergy element has been added but at a cost of all the action and fun :-( Im sorry to say what a let down.
on 1 December 2012
I bought this game from the Playstation Network Store, and I have to say the anticipation to play this game was beyond belief. But once I got into the game, beat a few levels, defended my territory; that's when it get's repetitive. The story is okay, the graphics are beautiful... But this just seems like another spin-off from the ultimate game that we know and truly love. The last fantastic game I played In the series was 'Tools of Destruction' and 'A crack in Time' and those were great. I have played Every ratchet and clank game apart from all these 'spin-offs' because they didn't appeal to me. But when I saw this one it looked like it had some potential, and it did.

I think Insomniac might continue to make the spin-offs but the original games with actual story and gameplay is where it's at.

The gameplay is repetitive, running from one area to the other, defending, then attacking over and over again. I had fun with the first few levels but then it started to get boring. It didn't feel like I was playing the real thing, It felt weird without having Clank on my back. But again, this is a spin-off and feels cheesy!

The visuals are pretty amazing, kind of similar to 'Tools of Destruction'. But this feels more cartoony, especially how they made Clank's head huge.

The humor is still there, a few cheesy lines but I still chuckle from time to time. Including humor, the voice acting was great too.

The story I haven't yet completed but so far it's okay. It's definitely not as good as 'Tools of Destruction'.

This game also includes a co-op mode which you can play online or locally. I had more fun playing with a partner, it made the levels a little easier and more enjoyable. However the matchmaking is pretty bad. I waited nearly 15 minutes to be paired up with someone online, which had no excuse because I have a good connection and broadband speed. So I played co-op with my brother instead, and the split-screen isn't that bad. The local co-op is probably one of the best things about this game rather than the online mode.

Another bad point is later on after a few levels, enemy waves begin to get more difficult. I remember having to protect two barriers at once, with a tonne of enemies on each side with tanks. It started to get ridiculous, you'll find that you have to keep on moving! they destroy your defenses pretty easily, and also your turrets. That's when it begins to get quite frustrating. So having a partner to co-op with gives some extra help!

If you're a Ratchet and Clank fan like myself, then you'll stumble upon this game with great anticipation. However, you might be let down unless this repetitive issue doesn't bother you. Overall it's a good game, not great but good.

However I think Insomniac should focus more on the actual series rather than spending time on these silly 'spin off' games. 3/5.
on 29 November 2013
Ratchet and Clank Qforce is not a bad game, but does suffer from being really repetitive and short. It offers replay value with challenges, higher difficulty modes, and multi player. I would say if your a die hard R&C fan then I would recommend it, but if not save your money for something else.
on 29 July 2013
Great game exactly what you'd expect. Brought for my ten year old who loves it but have to say his dad likes it just as much so good fun for all ages.
on 4 January 2013
After the disappointment that All 4 One gave me, I didn't have the highest hopes for Q-Force. Finding out it wasn't even a full game didn't exactly fill me with excitement, but it turns out that for £15, it isn't bad at all. It certainly isn't up to the standards of Tools of Destruction or Crack in Time, but it's a step in the right direction.

The good:
- For £15, you get a decent amount of content.
- The weapons are upgradeable through killing enemies, unlike in All 4 One.
- The core gameplay of R&C is definitely still intact.
- A surprisingly large amount of weapons considering there's only 3 planets.

The bad:
- It's not as pretty and it doesn't run as well as Crack in Time did, and that was made back in 2009.
- The story is kind of lackluster, as is a lot of the humour.
- A lot of work went into making a competitive mode and co-op mode, which probably affected the overall quality of the single-player.

Overall, it's well worth the money, but not without its flaws. Of all the five PS3 games, it ranks just above Quest for Booty and well above All 4 One.
on 18 June 2013
Its a decent game but feels really incomplete and has horrible multiplayer. All 4 one is the only multiplayer Insomniac has pulled off as barely working.

Single player is very short but worth the money i guess. Its definetly one of the worst in the series but still better than the PSP games.
It has nice graphics and gameplay is fun.
on 30 January 2013
Bought this simply because it is suppose to be a dual format game, ps3 and ps vita. Unfortunately this is untrue. There is no ps vita version available yet, a month after Christmas. I don't think Amazon should be selling something that claims to be something that it is not.
on 3 April 2013
Unlike the majority of die hard R&C fans I actually really enjoy this game. I am a 21 year old gamer who has always loved this franchise. I recently bought this game as I figured the price was worth giving it a try and have not been disappointed at all!