4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Nice Headset!
Before I start the review, I would just like to inform you that I have been through five different headsets within the past couple of months, each of which I have had to send back due to comfort or sound issues. Today however, I can safely say that I have found a headset that I can actually keep!

The Razer Kraken Pro is a very nice headset for the money and to...
Published 11 months ago by toby-mcdaid

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Headset, However, Far From Perfect.
I ordered this (via Amazon Warehouse deals) and it arrived fine, with a refurbished box as the description said. I unboxed the headset, plugged it in and began to use it. First off, once configured with Razer Synapse 2.0, the sound quality is very good. I wouldn't call it great (Especially as I also have a Razer Carcharias, which outclasses the Kraken in sound...
Published 3 months ago by Conor

5.0 out of 5 stars Razer headset, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Razer Kraken Pro Analog Gaming Headset (Accessory)
Got these for my teenager son, they are so good he can never hear me when I call or try to speak to him!!! Well he loves them!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good headset, 15 Jun 2014
A. AZEVEDO - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razer Kraken Pro Analog Gaming Headset (Accessory)
Pros: Good sound, Good acoustic isolation, Resistant build and materials(except for the cable), Confortable and light.

Cons: Cable is not as resistant as the rest of the phone. Really big(It's not really a Con, unless you want wear it everywhere).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift!, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: Razer Kraken Pro Analog Gaming Headset (Accessory)
I bought these for my brother who is a frequent gamer! He loves them and the colour is amazing with just a hint of green! Very comfy headband and very durable! He loves them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Razer Kraken Pro Analog Gaming Headset (Accessory)
This product works very good and the audio is superb. Definitely good for gaming and sound projects. Definitely recommended .

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely headphones, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Razer Kraken Pro Analog Gaming Headset (Accessory)
These headphones are great for all round use from gaming on my laptop or PS4 to listening to music and podcast's. Also they are very comfortable which is good because I often wear them for long periods of time. Well made also don't feel too flimsy but aren't heavy and over engineered. Only two down sides;
The bass can be a little much at times and the ear cups are a little small for me so takes some adjusting to get them to fit nicely.

3.0 out of 5 stars RELEASE THE KRAKEN, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Razer Kraken Pro Analog Gaming Headset (Accessory)
Well, this headset is what I'm currently using, but I have to wear a beanie hat since it hurts my head and my ears. It bruised my ears and made a bald patch on my head (it's fine now), but It has good sound

Pros -
It's Razer so it matches my stuff and I can show it off
Good sound
Mic can be hidden inside the headset

Cons -
Microphone is so quite people can barely hear me
They're massive on your head, so they may look silly if you use them in use them in public. Unless you have a small head
I have to wear a beanie for extended play because they hurt your ears after a good while, but I have big ears so
Doesn't seem to work with Razer Surround after an hour

Summary:
If you can find them cheap, have a small head, small ears and a separate microphone. Get them, if not. Don't.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for its purpose in terms of Gaming, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Razer Kraken Pro Analog Gaming Headset (Accessory)
After My Turtle Beach X12's had finally packed in from a broken hinge and the audio from the right hand side had completely gone it was safe to say a new headset was in order. Disappointed by the build quality of the X12's I decided to go for a higher price headset in hope that the extra money for a premium piece of kit I'd hope to get much better build quality and with the choice of the Razer Kraken Pro I feel that they will last me much longer.

So as it being a Razer product your going to get some snazzy packaging and Il be honest I was dead excited when I got it, I've always wanted to get a bit of kit from Razer and see what the craze is about though I did honestly think my first bit of kit was going to be the Tartarus but needs a must! I have read reviews or watched unboxings of this headset and have had trouble with the packaging and really I took my time trying not to damage the box and I believed it was fairly easy to open to be honest, getting the headset out of the Lil box with the plastic holder was annoying I will admit however though done undamaged! Along with the Headset you'll get Razer Documentation as you always with their products and also a nice lil Razer sticker. Enjoy the Lil things.

With it being a Razer product you can rely on it to be a premium piece of kit and built to last. Through consideration my headset needed to be comfortable to wear, better quality and no usb power required (The X12's would cause an awful buzzing noise that could annoy yourself and those on the other end of the call) that aside I can say the Razer Kraken does exactly as I want it too. The hinges which was my main concern this time round, considering the ear cups can actually fold in for easier transport I dont think Ill have the same worry compared to my x12's.

"The Most Comfiest Headset Ever" Such a line that really I dont think can be proven. Simply cause thats going to be down to opinion not fact but lets not get into that debate shall we! Anyways its got a few issues, to begin with the headset itself. The Audio reproduction quality of this headset is simply not good. There's much better headsets out there for it and for 60 Id expect the Audio quality to be better than what it actually is. To start off, like most people have said in most reviews. Bass. Way to much, the first thing that will hit you when you put it on and listen to music the bass is immediately noticeable. Some wont mind, some do. Personally I do however over time I've kind of gotten used to it however some of my favorite tracks do sound kind of muddy due to it so dont expect brilliant Audio quality. For playing games it's not too bad but I mainly got this to communicate with friends and play online so it fits the job well to not banter too much about audio. I will mention however these are closed ear cups for better sound isolation keeping you in your fantasy world and the real world out of your immersive experience though do remember to take breaks. Being used to the X12's I could have them on for Hours and hours without breaks, the Kraken however I have to take breaks as because of them being closed ear cups not alot of air gets passed through to your ears and the bacteria build up can be quite aggravating and at the time of writing this my ears are a little sore. A fault to due to my own use and not the headset mind you but passing on this advice!

Next on to the Microphone, its retractable which is I really like since if you dont want it out you can simply put it away when not needed. With this feature since it being a Analog headset, its a normal 3.5mm jack meaning you can plug it into your Phone or Ipod or whatever you use to listen to music, so potentially you could use them while your out and about if you dont mind the headset on while your out and with that microphone away you dont look that additional bit silly. Just saying!
The Microphone is really nice and responsive just as you'd like in a gaming headset. Sadly however theres no function to mute the microphone or control the volume as of like the X12's so you'll have to adjust the volume level on your desktop and either push to talk macro or mute the microphone through your software manually. With this new change I have had to be more careful on what Im saying and must realize I no longer have this Luxury...
A splitter will also be included so you can use the Microphone and Audio ports on your desktop as the headset on its own only has one jack connector.

Finally Software, Synapse 2.0. I downloaded this in hope I could use the Equalizer to get bring up some of those bass frequencies to make it less muddy but alas my headset appears to only use my Realtek audio playback opposed to the Razer Audio control playback. When making Razer control the default device I wont hear anything, all the audio is being played back on the Realtek Audio channel instead of Razer control which I found annoying yet have seen no solution so that is unfortunate. On a side note you can download Razer's surround sound software to essential give it some surround sound elements which aren't bad in truth but appears it can be used with more than just Razer headsets so potentially could use on any headset perhaps?

Overall I think its a great headset for its purpose. Built to last, not bad to wear and does its job. For 60 I think it is a little overpriced however for the build quality I reckon its worth that extra push if it will last you in the long run.

And remember folks, ensure you take breaks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good headset, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Razer Kraken Pro Analog Gaming Headset (Accessory)
I had one sent to me but it didn't work and got a replacement quick, 5/5 for the service . I use these headset for gaming when I'm not at training and working. Best headset I've had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Razer Kraken Pro Analog Gaming Headset, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Razer Kraken Pro Analog Gaming Headset (Accessory)
I'd highly recommend these headphones. Retractable microphone is a novelty. Sound quality is excellent. Overall i'm very happy with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Razer Kraken Pro Analog Gaming Headset (Accessory)
Another great product from Razer, loved it from day one. Very comfortable and easy to set up and use and great sound quality.

Razer Kraken Pro Analog Gaming Headset