5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job perfectly
Unlike the other reviewer, I clearly have bought this item as shown by the 'Amazon Verified Purchase' tag. I even realised that it's not the helmet strap before I placed my order, thus preventing me from posting the same review on two different items! ;)

Now the review......

This is the Sony BLT-HB1 (it's incorrectly titled on here - I've notified...
Published 19 months ago by Darren M Watkinson

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not fit an open face helmet!!!!!!
Published on 22 Feb. 2013 by Mark Harwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job perfectly, 7 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Sony BLT-HB1 Headband Mount for Action Camera (Electronics)

Now the review......

This is the Sony BLT-HB1 (it's incorrectly titled on here - I've notified Amazon), and it does exactly what it's supposed to. The strap is designed to go around your head, or a soft hat. I've taken the mount off the strap and put it on my head torch strap, so I can flood the area with light if/when required at night time (I've been using the camera for wildlife surveying).

The mount itself allows easy access to the settings and more importantly imo, doesn't cover up the mic in the same way the standard waterproof casing doors do. This allows for clear audio pickup.

Admittedly, it would be nice to be able to rotate the camera in-situ, but that's not been a necessity for me as yet. I strap it to my head, adjust the angle by moving the strap, then off I go. Simple.

The strap is adjustable for any head size, and when tightened correctly (it's hard to do incorrectly), won't slip about unless you're in a mosh pit at a heavy metal concert (in which case you'd probably need to overtighten it or simply nail it to your head).

Overall, I highly recommend this mount as long as you're not planning on going diving - that's what the Sony VCT-GM1 Headmount Kit for Action Camera is for! ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent attachment but not the best fitting, 14 Nov. 2014
A strap that goes over the top of your head would be an ideal for this as the strap is quite thin and can quite easily move around because you can only tighten it so much before it restricts blood flow to your noggin. Also bear in mind the waterproof housing cannot attach to this in any way, your camera is exposed to the environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth every penny, 15 July 2014
Diane (England UK) - See all my reviews
used this on my crash helmet and was amazed with the results

5.0 out of 5 stars camera, 27 Jun. 2014
I got this to use with my Sony hdr as 15 and I am very happy with it. . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution for skiing!!!, 15 Mar. 2014
Very happy with this mount. It is light, strap very strong. Tested on ski (attached do side of my helmet) - perfect. Tested on my ski boot - great perspective. It is not water resistant, so make sure you have dry weather. Movie example:[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Head bandtastic !, 13 Oct. 2013
Got for a friend with HDR camera for recording their donkey cart racing ! Works fantastically well. Arrived on time and in perfect condition

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Oct. 2014
Dr. J. TOBIAS (Scotland) - See all my reviews
5* review but amazon won't let you post it unless you write war and peace!!....5 stars says all!

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not fit an open face helmet!!!!!!, 22 Feb. 2013
Mark Harwood (uk) - See all my reviews
I am pleased with the camera, but the helmet set up is totally useless. All I wanted to do was to mount the camera on the side of my open face helmet. After opening the box the only way of doing this is to put it into the waterproof housing and then stick the sticker onto the TOP of the helmet (as there is no side mount facility) and then mount it on top so you look a complete Knob!

I then waited 2 months for the helmet mount to come out and purchased it, this will only fit around the base of a full face helmet and there is no up and down tilt facility on the bracket so when fitted on a open face helmet it points up to the sky at 45 degrees.

What the hell have the SONY designers been playing at!!!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars You get seasick watching the film, 26 Feb. 2014
This was purchased to film skiing. Strapped around a helmet I found that I move my head too frequently and so the amount of useable film is small. Making a conscious effort to move one's head less creates better film but removes some freedom and is a reminder that the camera is there.
Placing the strap around your neck - to avoid swivelling in line with the head - it is then very difficult to point it upwards enough to film what is going on.
The camera itself is good, creates good film and the image stabilisation is also welcome but the poor ancilliaries let the whole system down - I expec that I'll end up selling it all and buying the ubiquitous GoPro.