4.0 out of 5 stars Takes Its Time
Published on 8 Jun 2012 by The Neon Weasel

3.0 out of 5 stars Fall from Grace? Hope not.
OK, we all know about "that difficult second album" syndrome and following up her stunning debut album was never going to be easy. So how has the hugely loveable and talented Ms Faith done? Well, Fall To Grace does have it's moments but generally I was disappointed that there seem to be so few songs of the quality of any on the first album and I found myself only...
Published on 1 Jun 2012 by A. Boylett

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes Its Time, 8 Jun 2012
The Neon Weasel (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fall To Grace (Audio CD)
Ive waited till now to write a review for this cd,as I wanted to give it a fair chance.Its so different from Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful,that I didnt quite know what to make of it.I was instantly struck by 30 Minute Love Affair and When Youre Gone,but the rest of the tracks didnt resonate with me,at least not first time around.Ive listened to it half a dozen time now,and its taken until now for me to get into it,and Im so glad I didnt judge it on that initial listen,because there is a lot on offer here.Paloma's voice is as rich and strong ever,and really does suit the soaring lyrics on most of the songs,and really does them justice.Where the first album grabbed you instantly,this ones grip is more subtle,the music wraps itself around more slowly.But the end result,in my oppinion,is just as good,but in a very different way.

I can see where some who loved Do You Want The Truth may not ever get into Fall To Grace,and I can even understand why,there is a big difference between them.Just dont be too hasty to judge,give it a chance and give it time,Im so glad I did.If you dont like it then,fair enough,it would be a boring world if we all like the same thing.But give its charms and magic chance to fully work.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a follow-up!, 6 Jun 2012
D. Statham (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fall To Grace (Audio CD)
Well I was extremely excited to hear Pamola was coming back with new studio material after 2 years. Intently listening to the album for the first time it was clear Faith was eager to show she was growing as a songwriter and lyricist and her head was in a very different place to her debut offering. Although every bit as dramatic as her first record, Fall To Grace takes on a more serious overall atmosphere and songs a darker tone.
Straight away the songs collectively feel more mature and solid and Faith seems to have crossed over in having more in common nowadays with Adele than Amy Winehouse, with standout tracks Picking Up The Pieces, Black & Blue & When You're Gone sounding like songs that have been left off Adele's 21.
30 Minute Love Affair is instantly catchy and songs like Agony & Let Your Love Walk In will go down as exceptional pop tunes of the decade.
Although Do You Want The Truth....? had a lighter feel, this collection of songs has more substance and will stand the test of time and an album I think I will come back and back to for years to come.
Congratulations Paloma! Well done

5.0 out of 5 stars by the third run through i was totally in love with this album!!!!!, 16 Sep 2012
This review is from: Fall To Grace (Audio CD)
When i first played the album i wasn't convinced it is different from her first album which i thought was breathtaking. But boy oh boy oh boy by the third run through i was completely in love with this album and i think it might even be better than the first!!!!!. The quality of her voice and the production of this album is excellent but you have to play it LOUD to really appreciate it. So wait till you get the car on your own and turn the volume up to max it will blow your mind!!If you like her first album i think you will love this album !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars She's done it again FANTASTIC!, 30 July 2012
K. Gibson "K.Gibson" (Portsmouth, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fall To Grace (Audio CD)
Paloma Faith is a really talented young lady. This Album is very different from her last one but just as good . I was not sure initially as it is so different, but I put it on replay and after a couple of listens I really loved the CD. I think I like it better than the last one, Black and Blue is my favourite track. There are a couple of (probably meant) grammatical errors that were initially really annoying,but after a while the quality of the music and singing you forget all about it and are swept along totally with the music.

4.0 out of 5 stars A more mature Paloma, 2 Jun 2012
This review is from: Fall To Grace (Audio CD)
Back in 2010, Paloma Faith burst onto the scene. She released a joyful, playful debut album which spawned several top 20 singles (see my review). Now in 2012, I feel we are introduced to Faiths alter-ego, a more mature and thoughtful side. The opening single picking up the pieces is already in the top 10, but can we expect more successful singles?

Yes. This album is smart and sophisticated. Picking up the pieces is a tremendous opener o an album, full of grace and glamour. 30 minute love affair is more electro pop than what we are used to, but because it is Paloma, she pulls it off well. It is the same for Black & Blue. Then we come to one of the saddest songs I have heard. Just Be. This song sounds great live as well. From there on the quality gets a little worse, but it is only a matter of time before she finds her feet. I think that Agony or Freedom will be the next single.

All in all, don't listen to the bad reviews. This album will make you smile and cry at the same time. One of the albums of the year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful lady; beautiful voice..., 5 April 2013
A. Lowe "oldlowie" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fall To Grace (Deluxe) (MP3 Download)
...and this is a beautiful album.

It has grown on me like no other collection of songs since Tapestry back in the 70's. Am I allowed to compare Paloma Faith to one of the finest singer/songwriters of all time?

Yes, I think so, because after many months of listening enjoyment, one song has thrilled me more than any other, and that is 'Let Your Love Walk In', written by the lady herself.

If her own composition is anything to go by, this beautiful lady has a massively successful future ahead of her (that's if two best-selling albums aren't enough!)

I can hardly wait for her next album.

Thank you, Paloma Faith.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 31 May 2012
This review is from: Fall To Grace (Audio CD)
Having waited a few years for her follow-up album, you certainly won't be disappointed! It's a lot more cinematic and touching, and oh my word, it's beautiful! Voice of an angel, yet still quirky and individual - everything I love about her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album, 21 Sep 2012
This review is from: Fall To Grace (Audio CD)
I don't have Paloma's first album so I cannot compare the two. I bought the album on the strength of the first single, Picking Up The Pieces, and was not disappointed. I like every track and have played it over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars voice of an angel, 3 Jun 2012
This review is from: Fall To Grace (Audio CD)
paloma faith is a refreshing breath of fresh air,her voice is amazing,certainly in quality terms as good as adele,and in song writing ability as well,i dont buy that many female albums as i tend to buy indie or rock based music,but i love paloma she writes with honesty and life based storys,shes quirky without being embarrasing,i loved the first album,and this album is equally as good,it is a slight change of direction which is good do we want every album to sound identical,as far as im concerned sha could sing the yellow pages and it would be good,carry on paloma your a star

5.0 out of 5 stars gift for my niece, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Fall To Grace (Audio CD)
Gift bought for a teen by someone over 40. Always a bit difficult, fortunately as athe Dad of a teen myself I took advice and this definitely fitted the bill, Thanks Amazon!

Fall To Grace (Deluxe)