Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£6.49

on 8 June 2012
Ive waited till now to write a review for this cd,as I wanted to give it a fair chance.Its so different from Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful,that I didnt quite know what to make of it.I was instantly struck by 30 Minute Love Affair and When Youre Gone,but the rest of the tracks didnt resonate with me,at least not first time around.Ive listened to it half a dozen time now,and its taken until now for me to get into it,and Im so glad I didnt judge it on that initial listen,because there is a lot on offer here.Paloma's voice is as rich and strong ever,and really does suit the soaring lyrics on most of the songs,and really does them justice.Where the first album grabbed you instantly,this ones grip is more subtle,the music wraps itself around more slowly.But the end result,in my oppinion,is just as good,but in a very different way.

I can see where some who loved Do You Want The Truth may not ever get into Fall To Grace,and I can even understand why,there is a big difference between them.Just dont be too hasty to judge,give it a chance and give it time,Im so glad I did.If you dont like it then,fair enough,it would be a boring world if we all like the same thing.But give its charms and magic chance to fully work.
22 comments80 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 June 2012
Well I was extremely excited to hear Pamola was coming back with new studio material after 2 years. Intently listening to the album for the first time it was clear Faith was eager to show she was growing as a songwriter and lyricist and her head was in a very different place to her debut offering. Although every bit as dramatic as her first record, Fall To Grace takes on a more serious overall atmosphere and songs a darker tone.
Straight away the songs collectively feel more mature and solid and Faith seems to have crossed over in having more in common nowadays with Adele than Amy Winehouse, with standout tracks Picking Up The Pieces, Black & Blue & When You're Gone sounding like songs that have been left off Adele's 21.
30 Minute Love Affair is instantly catchy and songs like Agony & Let Your Love Walk In will go down as exceptional pop tunes of the decade.
Although Do You Want The Truth....? had a lighter feel, this collection of songs has more substance and will stand the test of time and an album I think I will come back and back to for years to come.
Congratulations Paloma! Well done
0Comment36 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 September 2012
When i first played the album i wasn't convinced it is different from her first album which i thought was breathtaking. But boy oh boy oh boy by the third run through i was completely in love with this album and i think it might even be better than the first!!!!!. The quality of her voice and the production of this album is excellent but you have to play it LOUD to really appreciate it. So wait till you get the car on your own and turn the volume up to max it will blow your mind!!If you like her first album i think you will love this album !!!
on 2 June 2012
Back in 2010, Paloma Faith burst onto the scene. She released a joyful, playful debut album which spawned several top 20 singles (see my review). Now in 2012, I feel we are introduced to Faiths alter-ego, a more mature and thoughtful side. The opening single picking up the pieces is already in the top 10, but can we expect more successful singles?

Yes. This album is smart and sophisticated. Picking up the pieces is a tremendous opener o an album, full of grace and glamour. 30 minute love affair is more electro pop than what we are used to, but because it is Paloma, she pulls it off well. It is the same for Black & Blue. Then we come to one of the saddest songs I have heard. Just Be. This song sounds great live as well. From there on the quality gets a little worse, but it is only a matter of time before she finds her feet. I think that Agony or Freedom will be the next single.

All in all, don't listen to the bad reviews. This album will make you smile and cry at the same time. One of the albums of the year!
11 comment29 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Londoner Paloma Faith has definitely hit the big time, and yet when you hear her speak you find it hard to believe that she can sing as well as she does. I suppose it is like me, when you hear me speak you wouldn’t realise that I sing like Pavarotti when I am in the shower (indeed no one else seems to hear the semblance). When Paloma opens her mouth to sing though you immediately hear a fantastic Rhythm and Blues voice that can really portray the highs and lows of life and is a sheer joy to listen to.

This, which was her second studio album, and probably her most personal, has already now gone double platinum and just goes to show how popular she has become around the world. Definitely eccentric but so endearing, listening to Paloma is really a treat and this along with her other albums are well worth owning. I will admit that there isn’t a single track here that I don’t like.
on 21 February 2015
I managed to miss Paloma Faith when her first album came around, but having been impressed by what I heard from her on the soundtrack to the film "4, 3, 2, 1", I was determined not to do the same the second time around. In the interim, Faith has been a BRIT Award nominee and a coach on "The Voice", which suggests she's pretty highly thought of in the industry. The second album took a while coming around, but when it finally did it turned out to be a No. 2 charting album and produced her highest charting single, so it had to be worth a look.

Despite some decent moments, I find myself largely underwhelmed by the album as a whole. There are several changes of direction which make it difficult to listen to in a single sitting and even the best parts of the album offer nothing particularly distinctive that isn't available elsewhere. It's not a bad album in whole or in part, but there's nothing that makes it stand out above anything else, especially as parts sound a lot like Adele who, like Paloma Faith, has a great voice, but who had the advantage of getting there first.

But this is an album that has a few stand out tracks and rather a lot of generic filler and so better value can be had by simply downloading the best few songs and ignoring the rest.

This review may also appear, in whole or in part, under my name at any or all of www.ciao.co.uk, www.thebookbag.co.uk, www.goodreads.com, www.amazon.co.uk and www.dooyoo.co.uk
on 31 May 2012
Having waited a few years for her follow-up album, you certainly won't be disappointed! It's a lot more cinematic and touching, and oh my word, it's beautiful! Voice of an angel, yet still quirky and individual - everything I love about her.
0Comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 25 June 2012
I'll start this review with a 'quiz question'. Listen to the song 'Freedom' and try and guess what classic song the melody is borrowed from. The line "I've had too many heartaches" should give this way.

This is a superb album, slightly ruined by the electro-pop background music that tries to compete with Paloma's excellent voice.
There is something dark and sexy about Paloma's voice and music style. In interviews she comes across as very sweet but also someone who might practice witchcraft when she gets home. After waiting 3 years, we finally have a new album from Paloma. I think she is the artist Amy Winehouse could have been. Her voice is unique and expressive in a way that an artist like Katie Melua or Lily Allen will never be.

As others have said, the songs are voice are often better than the production. Overly heavy, pop soundtracks ruin good songs such as 'Blood, Sweat & Tears'. I am convinced that Paloma knows this, as she has included acoustic versions of several songs songs. 'Picking up the Pieces' & 'Beauty Of The End' are superbly sung, powerful songs, with a chorus that would be better without the heavy soundbed.

Agony is one of the standout tracks as is Freedom and Picking Up The Pieces.

Magnificent stuff.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I love this album. It is one of the few albums I own on which there isn't a single song that I dislike.

The songs are all played and sung with great flare, and it is truly unique. There would be no mistaking her voice for any of the other currently well known artists at the moment.

I only recently discovered Paloma Faith, but I will certainly be buying other albums from the same artist.

Recommended.
on 30 May 2012
Like most of the reviews here I am a huge fan of the first album and it will probably go down as one of my favourite albums of all time, so it was safe to say I was extremely looking forward to the follow up.

At first listen Fall to Grace feels quite slow to start, the majority of songs are quite low tempo that emphasise Paloma's stunning voice. I have to admit after the first listen I was a little disappointed the album wasn't as lively as the first. However I knew I owed Paloma more than to write the album off after one listen (as some reviewers seem to have done on here!) and listened to the album another few times and I'm glad I did! The album really grows on you and after taking the time to listen to all the songs, the deep lyrics and beauty of Paloma's voice really begin to shine. Stand out tracks for me are Picking up the pieces, 30 minute love affair, Just be and Agony.

I would sum the album up as an excellent follow up by a unique, talented and genuinely likeable artist. If it had a couple of more lively/up beat tracks I would easily rate it 5 stars but it is still a very good 4 stars!