Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.49

on 1 November 2012
I really enjoyed the story of Dominant Movie Star Jack being bowled over by (submissive in denial) Abby when their worlds collide in the jungle after the plane they are travelling in crashes.

Jack avoids journalists and Abby's not keen on prima donna Movie Stars but they soon start to realise that their prejudiced ideas may be wrong as Jack takes control of an extremely dangerous situation and Abby's submissive side starts to respond to Jack's dominance. They are rescued soon enough and go back to their lives but with lingering unfulfilled fantasies of each other.

There is a good back story with Abby chasing a story that puts her life in danger and then deciding to challenge her lack of submissive experience with an experienced Dom and unknowingly that puts her straight back into Jack's path. Abby is fine with this as the hightened publicity of her and Jack's plane crash survival makes the magazine Abby works for transfer her job to 'lifestyle and celebrity' and they want her to get an interview with Jack. Abby intends on using her submissive training to do this knowing that Jack likes to keep this part of his life private and soon decides that she won't betray him. However, someone betrays them both.

A very good hot steamy read. It only lost a star because the back story about Abby being threatened could have been better, it trailed off to nothing toward the end of the book and that was disappointing but didn't affect my overall enjoyment of the book.
on 17 November 2012
Oh this book is goooood, real goooood! Saucy, sassy, romantic, and one of my favourite scenarios opened it with being stranded in the rainforest, I like situations like that. Everything was very well written and had oodles of hotness and fiery love scenes to keep the majority of us entertained throughout and for me it really did entertain. Story was good and had depth, characters were charasmatic and the prose just rolled along nicely. A very enjoyable erotic romance. I also wonder at how it was left if there is going to be a book 2 - that would be great!
on 18 September 2013
Abbie is a reporter and she's about jump on plane to get away from some bad guys only to end up in the company of another bad guy. The one and only Jack Winter the bad guy of Hollywood fame. She's sat in his private plane faking an interview with him and he's not impressed. The sharp replies keep Abbie intrigued cos Jack Winter is more stunning in real life. Unfortunately things take a dive literally the plane crashes in the jungle and suddenly Jack turns into Bear Gryll's making Abbie fall for his domineering charms.
After some close encounters with the wildlife including Jack, Abbie makes it back to reality. It's then she realises her life is boring and Jack can turn her on like a switch (which by the way comes into play later lol).
Jack's got Dom tendencies which are best kept a secret and it seems Abbie's got a sniff of what he is. She can't shake the thoughts of him and goes in search of the answer.
BDSM is something new to Abbie so when a Sub puts her in touch with a Dom on the net Abbie confesses her thoughts of being a sub (but only for Jack). Abbie doesn't realise but her on line confessions are being gladly listened to by Jack.
Everything comes together literally and so the Dom/Sub scenario develops.
Light BDSM (light to me anyway lol) so be prepared if you've only read 50 shades. And if you want a bit more I'll give you some titles at the end of me review.
Their love blossoms even though neither of them admit it but like most things it comes to an abrupt end cos Jack's got another secret which he thinks Abbie's blurted out to the papers about.
Jack hits the bottle and Abbie hits the airport (she actually takes off lol). And you can guess the rest but if you can't he goes looking for her and tries to get her back.
Very well written with a good story.
A Touch of Winter
Surrender: Bound Hearts Series, Book 1
Because You Are Mine Complete Novel
on 31 December 2012
I know I've only given it 3 stars but I did really enjoy the story and jack hunter was a sexy lead man. He's a Hollywood actor and secret Dom. When a plane crashes with him and jounalist Abbie , he takes charge and seems to know how to survive due to jungle training he took for a previous role.

I found it a tad far fetched he managed to crash land the plane, that he had a all purpose Swiss Army knife on his person (really on a US plane?), that he knew how to skn and cook a snake, knew a particular snake was dangerous and don't get me started on he knew how to make hammocks! But I did enjoy the jungle scenes ESP. The cave where he shows just how dominent he can be.

I felt when back in the US the story lost its way a little, the back story of Abbie being in danger just seems to go away, neatly, without any fights, just 1 scene where some one tries to force her into a car. It was too safe. Yes her apartment was broken into but she wasn't confronted? Why did the plane crash? Why did pilot die? Natural or did someone try to sabbatage the plane? Just way too many gaps, I do love a Dom/Sub relationship but the authors introduced what could have been a truly gritty, exciting story but it didn't go anywhere. Not sure if publishers rushed them or said do me a "fifty shades" story and that's all they cared about. I feel the authors could have done more with the story, I feel they probably wanted to.

So I did love th D & S side and introduction to that world but hmm felt short changed. I like a good story with hot sex, not one or the other.
on 24 November 2012
Firstly I'd like to thank Penguin Ireland for sending me this paperback to read and give an honest review. I don't often read books from this genre but the blurb really intrigued me - I loved the idea of being stranded in the jungle with a sexy Hollywood star and couldn't wait to see what would happen.

It has been said that this book will appeal to fans of Fifty Shades of Grey and I do agree but I honestly think that this is much better, the main reason being that I actually liked the characters in this book and I found the whole storyline in general far more interesting and exciting!

The action started straight away with Abbie finding herself in a bad situation in Honduras and it was during this time that she met Jack Winter. There was something so likeable about Abbie and Jack, especially when they were together because the sparks really flew between them. Abbie was a feisty woman and I admit to being concerned that once the dom/sub part kicked in this side of her would disappear but thankfully it didn't, she remained strong right through the book. Jack was sexy and powerful, I loved his reaction to Abbie particularly when she defied him because it was clear he wasn't used to that kind of behaviour from women.

One of the best things about this book was that it switched from Abbie to Jack's perspective throughout the whole book, this was an important factor for me because often these kind of books don't give enough (if any) insight into what the male is thinking.

I loved their time in the jungle, it was just what I had hoped it would be and when they returned to civilization it got better and better. There were so many twists to keep me interested - steamy online chats, old secrets and hurtful misunderstandings kept me turning page after page.

The erotic scenes were well written and not once did I feel as though that side of it had overwhelmed the rest of the story.

This book well and truly had me hooked and I look forward to more from the sexy Jack Winter and feisty Abbie Marshall in A Touch of Winter, this short story is already on my To Read List.
When reporter Abbie Marshall's investigation into a drug cartel in Honduras land her in hot water she needs to find a way out of the country fast. The only thing her boss can manage last minute is to get her onto Hollywood superstar Jack Winter's private jet, on the condition that she carries out an interview with him. Abbie is a serious journalist and the last thing she wants is to be stuck interviewing a famous actor but desperation makes her accept the deal. Things go from bad to worse when their plan crashes in the rainforest though and with it looking unlikely that help is on the way it is up to them to find their own way to safety. Jack immediately takes control of the situation and Abbie finds herself drawn to his strength as well as his good looks. Jack awakens desires in Abbie that she has never felt before and even when they make it to safety she can't forget the things he did to her. Neither of them are able to forget the time they spent together but can they ever find a way through their differences to build something worth fighting for?

The Pleasures of Winter is actually written by two Irish authors Caroline McCall and Eileen Gormley writing together under the pseudonym Evie Hunter. This was my first taste of either author's work but it definitely won't be the last and I'll be keeping an eye out for anything else written either together or individually by them in the future. In fact I already have A Touch of Winter downloaded on my kindle ready to start reading when I've finished writing this review and I'm looking forward to spending more time with Jack and Abbie. Fans of erotic romance stories like Bared to You and Fifty Shades will definitely enjoy The Pleasures of Winter and I have a feeling this will end up being just as popular!

I loved the way the story starts off with Abbie in such a dangerous situation and desperately looking for any way out of Honduras. The authors did a great job of building the tension and making me believe that Abbie's life was at risk and that heightened sense of danger just added to the impact of seeing bad boy Jack for the first time. Jack is wary of journalists and is so against the idea of giving Abbie an interview that he immediately goes out of his way to make things as difficult as possible for her but I loved the way she stood up to him and didn't let the fact that he was a superstar overwhelm her. When their plane crashes there are a few moments that were a little unbelievable but that didn't stop my enjoyment of the story for a second. I just absolutely loved the sizzling chemistry between Abbie and Jack and the fact that the story is told from both of their points of view made that even better.

As much as I enjoyed the scenes in the jungle it was when they got back to reality that I really started to fall in love with the characters. Jack brought out Abbie's submissive side and I loved the way she set out to learn more about the D/s lifestyle and how that brought their paths together again. Jack is off the charts hot and let me just say watch out for the scene with the web cam, it'll leave you in need of a cold shower for sure! *Swoon* The book does contain some BDSM scenes but nothing too over the top or frightening to those who are fairly new to the genre so I'd say it is more BDSM light than anything too hardcore. These authors can certainly write a hot scene though and I appreciated the fact that they show a healthy attitude towards D/s relationships.

The Pleasures of Winter is perfect for fans of erotic romance that is heavy on the romance but still contains a little kink. If you're looking for something hot and steamy with intense chemistry then you can't go wrong with this one. I really hope that we get to see more of these characters in the future but I'll be looking forward to anything that these authors come up with.
on 17 November 2012
I'll be honest when I say I'd never heard of The Pleasures of Winter before the publishers approached me to review it. It's a debut novel by two authors who use the pseudonym name of Evie hunter and it's being advertised for fans of Fifty Shades of Grey and Bared to You - both which are a favourite of mine, and I have to say, the marketing on this book is spot on. The Pleasures of Winter is high up there with my favourites!

Abbie Marshall is a risk-taking reporter who travels all over the world looking for dangerous stories to uncover. While on the run from her current story, Abbie needs to flee Honduras and the only way to get out of there is to try and talk her way onto a private plane which is carrying Jack Winters, a famous movie star. However things don't go to plan and the plane crashes into the rainforest and Abbie is stranded with Jack and his crew. As they battle their way out of the rainforest - Abbie and Jack try and fight their attraction for one another but Jack does things to Abbie that no other man has ever done and makes her feel things that she's never felt before. Soon Abbie and Jack are in deep with each other but can they survive the secrets that the other hides?

Wow did this book take me by surprise. I've been looking for something similar to Fifty shades and Bared to You for a while and this book is definitely up there with them. The story oozes with sexual tension, passion and heat and, let's not forgets the hot and steamy scenes. With BDSM being theme of this story, I felt it was done very well. It wasn't at all over powering and nor did it scare me. I sometimes find BDSM a little scary because it can sometimes be taken to the extreme sometimes but this wasn't the case with this book. It was very tastefully done and it was very entertaining. There was also some laugh out loud moments too - which I loved because it gave the story the humour it needed. One of the funnier moments within the story was when Abbie and Jack were talking online to each other - I loved it!

I really loved both Abbie and Jack. Both are great characters that bounce off of one another and really complement each other's personalities. What stood out for me was how willing Abbie was trying to find out about her submissive side - most people, I think would shy away from it but not Abbie. She was really strong to push that side of her - even if in Jack's words, Abbie's the worst submissive he's ever had but still they manage to make it work. Jack's dominant side isn't as bad as I was expecting. He does like some hard-core stuff but his feelings for Abbie take priority. I loved how both were willing to try new things that were usually out of their comfort zones and I really did think they made a great couple.

The Pleasures of Winter really was a pleasure to read and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of adult books. And once you finish don't forget to check out, the short story called "A Touch of Winter" involving Jack and Abbie which is available as an eBook. You really don't want to miss a very special moment that happens in it!
on 8 November 2012
I received my copy from the publisher through NetGalley.

Reporter Abbie Marshall is in Honduras looking into the drugs-trade and its links with American government officials. Her investigations haven't gone unnoticed though and when she needs to leave the country in a hurry her only way out is to hitch a ride on a private jet carrying Hollywood A-lister Jack Winter. Abbie isn't one to be impressed by either fame or beauty but Mr. Winter takes her breath away. His magnetic attractiveness combined with his provocative attitude intrigue and confuse her, stirring feelings inside her that are as unsettling as they are unwelcome. When the plane crashes in a rainforest, Abbie, Jack and two other passengers face a grueling and dangerous journey back to civilization. And although Abbie is impressed with Jack's expertise when it comes to surviving in the inhospitable environment, she is determined not to give in to the feelings he awakens in her. That changes when a reckless act on her part enrages Jack and he drags Abbie in to a cave where he shows her what happens to women who don't obey his orders. Jack's actions and her reaction to it leave Abbie confused and her carefully maintained private life in shatters.
One broken engagement later, Abbie is determined to find out more about this secret side to her nature, the one that was awakened during her time in the cave with Jack. It is a search that will reunite her with the Irish heart-throb. But the path ahead of Abbie and Jack is anything but smooth. With Jack determined never to get seriously involved with anyone after a shocking betrayal in his past and Abbie insecure about what she wants and needs, it is only a matter of time before the actor's past catches up with their present, endangering the future they were so very carefully heading towards.

I enjoyed this book. It is a nice combination of romance and erotica with a little bit of mystery and suspense thrown in. Both Abbie and Jack were well established as characters and went through some development. I wasn't sure how I felt about Abbie; for me there were too many, conflicting sides to her character. Why would an independent woman, refusing to be intimidated by work-related danger be such a walk-over when it comes to her family and private life? As for Jack, well he appears to be a bit of a stereo-type; a bad-boy, drop dead gorgeous, womanizing Irish actor with a dark and mysterious side. But, I did enjoy the interaction between these two characters and the way in which both of them were taken by surprise by their reactions to each other and the feelings and needs they experienced.

Evie Hunter is the pen name for two Irish authors (Eileen Gormley and Caroline McCall) who decided to work together after discovering a common love for erotica. I haven't read anything by either of these authors, but that may change. If the standard of this book is anything to go by these are two writers who are very well versed in their craft. The writing flowed easily, the reading was smooth and the story was very well paced. And even if I'll never get around to checking out the individual authors I know I will be keeping an eye out for other books by their alter-ego.

In short, this is an erotic love story about two unlikely characters being thrown together against the odds and discovering that they are made for each other, and as such it works very well.
on 8 November 2012
I am not really sure where to start with this review. I have so much in my head that I want to say but nothing comes out. The Pleasures of Winter is one of those rare books that has stolen my heart, my mind and my soul. Yip I loved it that much. I was hooked from page one right up until the last page. I got so caught up within the story that I was actually heartbroken when the book finished because I didn't want it to end.

The Pleasures of Winter isn't like most erotica fiction I have read. Usually with this genre you get full on sex from the first chapter but this isn't like that. We actually get an amazing story before all that happens. A story that is thrilling and exciting. Our two main characters Abbie and Jack, the chemistry between them is electrifying. Abbie is drawn to Jack and visa versa even though they are polar opposites to each other. Abbie is a strong, independent journalist with a jobthat is dangerous. She is smart and funny but flawed like any human being. Jack, oh sweet lord. Jack Jack Jack I think I loved him before I even started the book. Why? He is Irish! I can't help myself it's that accent. Mother May I! With his sexy looks and charms that no woman can resist. He is a hollywood bad (Colin Farrell anyone ?? lol) He is obsessed with Abbie and he is falling hard. You can't help but root for them.

The plot is quite simply perfect. It has the right mix of adventure, excitement and steamy sex that just blends in perfectly. The opening of the story is fast paced and exciting, with Abbie trying to escape bad guys who are after her. She finds herself on a plane with Jack and them crashing into a rainforest. At first I was like is this really a naughty read? I wasn't used to having a proper non erotic plot line. But there are hints throughout the beginning that is just the right amount of teasing to get the reader excited for find out more.

I am trying to do this book justice and it just won't happen. It blew my mind, so much so I am actually struggling to convey just how much I loved it. One of the big things I loved about this is that fact it is told from both Abbie's and Jack's POV. Now usually I am not the biggest fan of POV changes but for this is works. You get inside both the characters heads and that is very important for me. I like to be able to feel a connection to a character to really appreciate the story and I sure did here.

Evie Hunter is actually two authors and what a wonderful team! The two authors have created a flawless, exciting and down right steamy read that will stay with you long after your finish. And that is a sign of perfect book to me. I highly recommend. If you like your naughty read, then The Pleasures of Winter is one NOT to be missed.

Cover Talk:
I only really add this cover talk into a review if I really really need to talk about the cover and yes i do here Why? Because that is a beautiful, simple cover that actually fits the book. That feather represents a certain scene (no spoilers) and if you have read the book you know what scene I am refering to. Rarely book covers match the story, they usually have nothing to do with the words inside the book and are only there to look pretty. Thankfully this is not the case here.

Note: I received a free copy from the Publisher in exchange for a Honest Review.
on 5 December 2012
I don't know why but I wasn't expecting this to be as good as it was and it turned out to be a great read. It was refreshing to read a book where neither character has a dark tortured past and despite the male lead being dominant (with a fairly realistic reason why), when his inclinations became apparent it wasn't thrust (pardon the expression) in your face straight away and was done in a manor that befitted the situation.

I warmed easily to both Jack and Abbie. He's full of Irish fieryness, charm and wit and is dominant and successful. As an actor, he's not too keen on reporters. She is a reporter, feisty, strong-willed, caring and has no idea that she has submissive tendencies in general. Thrown together in a dreadful situation it all begins.

It is well written, covers all emotions and is hot and steamy. The BDSM aspect isn't over the top or shocking and suits the storyline perfectly. Didn't quite make 5 stars as the sub plot involving Abbie seemed to fizzle out, but that was the only (minor) grumble I have and would certainly recommend reading this.