Style Name: ISO-L8R 200|Change

These stands are practical and offer good insulation from vibrations. If you have full-sized speakers on your desk, I’d recommend getting stands like this.

You can set them to two heights: 3 inches and 8 inches. There are metal tubes that slip into rubber-lined holes in the top and bottom section of the stands, which provide a solid grip. The rubber also insulates vibrations, freeing up your sound a bit, removing any gassy boom you may have caused by vibrations.

The stands come in three sizes: 130mm, 150 mm, or 200mm wide. There’s also a 230x430mm designed for studio monitors placed on their sides, or larger, heavier speakers anywhere (probably much larger than you’d use on your desk). Get the ones that fit your speakers best. You could get the smallest ones for most speakers, but they might be a bit less stable if you bump into your desk. (I got the 150mm size.)

I do notice a slight difference in the sound with these stands; there is a bit more midrange, a bit less bass, and the soundstage is a bit more open than without them. Before I got the stands, I had the speakers on books, which do insulate well, but not enough. Don’t expect any major change in sound, though if you have speakers sitting flat on your desk, you will notice more of a difference than I did.

One thing to note is that you can tilt the stands a bit, using inserts that come with them. This allows you to tilt them back so the tweeters are pointing more directly at your ears. However, this requires that the speakers be of the appropriate height; since mine are fairly large, the tweeters are at exactly the right height with the stands set to 8 inches.

All in all, this is a good way to get speakers at the right height on a desk. They'll get the speakers at the right height, or the right angle, so you get optimal sound.
on 26 May 2014
I got this pair of stands at the same time as and for use with my M-Audio BX5 D2 Powered Monitor Speakers which now sit toed-in on the desk either side of my iMac - I'm in the sweet spot.

They work, raising the tweeter to the perfect height. Also, you can feel the vibration from the speaker getting progressively less as you move your hand down the stand. Once you get to the desk it's gone - totally.

In setting up I did not want ANY tilt (or any top or bottom wobble) at all - this took more that just a few goes to get it just right but once done they've not moved at all. A hardback book and a ruler - instead of an actual speaker and a spirit-level - helped in this.

You may be looking at the price thinking it's a bit on the high side for what it is. I guess as well as the component parts and the company's infrastructure we're also paying for the science behind them - which, as it does actually work, - I figure is fair enough.

I'm very happy with my purchase, I reckon you will be too.
Highly recommended!
on 7 October 2013
An excellent product. While there are many things sold to the audio market with fabricated claims, these are the real deal. It's been known for decades that good stands reduce vibration and allow speakers to play more accurately.

These are no exception, and perfect for desktop use. I had been looking at some very expensive alternatives (wood bases, brass feet etc), and have no regrets buying these. A bargain at £80 for the pair, they improved the sound instantly. Really, really impressed.

Used with KEF LS50s.
on 30 June 2015
Unforgiving of adjustments. I set one stand up to test the angle of the speaker, having used the supplied plugs to change the length of two of the supports. Then I tried to adjust it, as you would. It was very difficult to extract the vertical tubes, and once that was done I realised the plugs had detached from the tubes and were lodged at the bottom of the rubber grommets. Two snapped while I was pulling them free. For a product of this price this is not acceptable. The design needs to be refined.
on 7 October 2015
When using the smaller poles, it seems solid. The sound difference is brilliant.. very stable and reduces the vibrations greatly. On the other hand, when using the taller poles, which is preferred, the stability is wobbly and not solid. Very disappointing for an item that costs this much. Furthermore, when changing the size it is very difficult, with the poles sticking and being quite impossible to shift without finding some sort of pinching apparatus.
on 3 March 2016
This review is aimed at those who are looking to get these stands for desktop use. I was using AudioEngine DS2 stands, available here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Desktop-Speaker-Stands-Large-Pair/dp/B005STCILC

I've never been happy with the materials of the DS2, and wanted something better, not only in how it isolates the speaker, but also something that lifts them to ear height. The IsoAcoustics stands seemed to fit the bill. I have to agree with a lot of the reviews here that say it's not very well-designed. The stand is wobbly, especially with the 8 inch rods. There's no danger of the speaker falling over though, but the rods don't fit snugly in the holes and therefore there is a degree of movement when pushed. This does not create a good impression. The other issue, as highlighted in other reviews, is that the plastic inserts get stuck in the rubber holes and are a serious pain in the neck to remove. The price is also quite ridiculous considering it's a pretty simple construct of steel, plastic, and rubber.

In terms of performance, it does sound a little better than my old stands. The bass is better defined, and the overall sound is a bit more focussed. Lifting the speakers to ear height improves stereo imaging too. Overall, I give it 3 stars due to bad design and poor value for money.
on 12 February 2014
These stands were bought as a last resort. I put a small pair of inexpensive Q acoustics bookshelf speakers in the office to use for background, mostly internet radio and they sounded lousy. I changed the audio source to a top end Cd deck to see if it would help.... not much difference. Sound was indistinct, there were gaps in the frequency range and although there was a little bass the individual notes disappeared into mush. I didn't want to go to the expense of carbon fibre isolators as this was a small system for entertainment, not meant for post production mastering, and the speakers were simply bluetacked to the top of a wooden cabinet. However I read other reviews of these stands and decided to 'give them a go'. The difference is beyond dramatic. Bass notes are clear, isolation is excellent, mids are crisp and even high frequencies take on a new dimension losing previous harshness. At this pricepoint, if you want to improve the clarity, rhythm, pace, and even bass response of small to mediumsized speakers, and if your speakers are currently placed on shelves, or a cabinet, there is no better product then this. ( provided that the stands fit on your shelves,or on your cabinet, of course ) Highly Recommended.
on 24 September 2014
I bought these stands to use with my hifi speakers (usher s520's) as they have to sit on a desk. Previously I was using the adjustable foam block wedges that are designed for studio monitors and while they isolated the speakers well enough I had a feeling that they were also making my speakers sound slightly dull. After installing these stands the difference is quite big and easily noticeable straight away, they isolate perfectly and the dynamics seem to have come back to my music and opened it up nicely. The stands themselves fit together easily and are very sturdy once the speakers installed, they have grippy rubber feet that don't slide across your desk easily which is a plus. All in all I'm very happy with my purchase and would recommend them to anyone who needs to isolate there speakers be it studio monitors or hifi use. While there quite pricey you get what you pay for and compared to hifi stands there actually quite cheap! Quality product.
on 28 September 2013
Perfect for my KRK Rokit 5 speakers...recommended highly if you want good desktop speaker stands that don't take up loads of space.
on 25 May 2013
Firstly, yes these monitor stands are on the expensive side for what they are. That said they are worth every penny. The difference they made to the sound of my monitors was breath-taking! They totally isolate the monitors from the surface they are standing on and therefore completely remove any colouration of sound from that surface. Brilliant idea and one that works!