on 29 October 2014
I honestly dont know how i missed it, it obvious now that i look back but these are sold IN PACKS OF 2. LOL so keep that in mind. yes, yes, i know it is clearly stated but there you go, a rookie mistake. they are exactly as the look here, although a littler smaller than i expected, think size of a normal fist. they do fit perfectly on the fireplace and we have an awkward shape. the reason for 4 stars, is i am not convinced they are really worth 17stg but again thats my opinion, yours may differ. Also if your sock is going to have some weight, it will be a little bouncy, i suspect they might sag a little but thats probably the trade off with having to fit all fireplaces. the rubber material on the flat underside works very well keeping the whole thing secure and safe. they are expensive but look as per picture and are quality. i dont expect to be buying a replacement until long into the future.
on 3 January 2013
These clips are adaptable to any mantel and looked great on ours. When I bought them, they were being sold in packs of 2 for about £17.50. It would be great if they were sold in packs of 4 rather than 2. I couldn't quite justify spending approx £35 to get 2 packs of 2, but I would've bought 4 in a pack at e.g. £28-£30. Overall, a good purchase though.
on 16 January 2013
I didn't realise that it had an adhesive to stick it to the mantlepiece , it was fine but not sure how many times you would be able to reuse it and it was quite expensive for something that you may not get much use from
on 23 January 2014
Absolutely brilliant creation! Since purchasing these hooks we have moved home so we have seen them work on two very different styles of fireplace. They hold even heavy stockings without any problems and are secure. A brilliant item when you've got enough decoration on your festive fireplace and just simply want hooks.
on 9 December 2014
These are exactly as described, and look identical to the picture, They hold the stockings fine -and fit to our marble mantel fireplace tightly. They are cushioned so don't mark the fireplace. They feel sturdy, and I'll find out in a few weeks if they can hold a full stocking, but it feels as if they will.

The reason for an average three stars, is just that. They are functional, they do what they say in description, and arrived quickly - but they feel extremely overpriced for what they are. But I couldn't find any cheaper anywhere, so must be the going rate.

So no complaints, they are totally fine, just a bit pricey in my opinion.
on 19 December 2013
These are fine but nothing more than that - they are quite strong but feel lightweight which makes them look significantly cheaper than they actually are. However they do the job.
on 22 April 2014
First time we had family stockings to hang, theses were excellent. Will be purchasing when family numbers increase over the years.
on 5 January 2015
After my daughter accidentally knocked off one of our ceramic Christmas stocking holders last year, I was reluctant to use a similar one again. Luckily, I came across these and they've been perfect. They're just as described with a simple pattern and more to the point, my kids didn't manage to knock them off - so no damaged fireplace or holders! I've just removed them and there are no marks in the limestone fireplace so they've lived up to the promise!
on 5 December 2010
These are great! They are safe and secure and won't damage your fireplace! While there are other types with ornaments on I prefer these so I can use my own ornaments on the fireplace as I like to swap and change! Plus if the stocking is tugged at there is no ornament to break!
on 11 June 2013
Good Quality but a bit too big. Bought this before Christmas and they weren't cheap but they're lovely and good quality. They're a bit too big for my fire place but they fitted nevertheless. Stockings just couldn't be too heavy. Measure your place before you buy though.