5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
I was going to go for the lower model down (£20 cheaper) because all I wanted was a 27" IPS monitor but chose this one instead because of the "Zero Frame Design", I didn't realise this at the time but the monitor screen looks integrated into the frame and gives it a more unique/modern look too it.

A month ago I was gaming on a 23.6" 60Hz TN...
Published 14 months ago by titchypc

1.0 out of 5 stars Sags!
I wrote a review with the best words about this monitor, that was 8 months ago. Today the monitor sags 1-2 deg to the left. As many others, I thought that would happen and it did. There is no issue with the screws, it was perfectly levelled and tilted over time. No matter what I try this is not correcting, the chassis of the stand is bend.

I am going back to LG...
Published 15 months ago by Roberto Nike

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 July 2013

A month ago I was gaming on a 23.6" 60Hz TN panel and I would often google "IPS vs 120Hz" because I was looking to upgrade but in the end I purchased both. The 120Hz is much better for gaming with a 1ms response time and overall just a smoother output but the IPS panel cannot be beaten for quality with the blacks actually being black and the whites being white. Not to mention that if you're not just a gamer and you want to watch movies and often get in bed to watch them then an IPS panel cannot be beaten due to the viewing angles.

Unfortunately like most forums/reviews will tell you, the 120Hz vs IPS war will forever go on because they both have pros and cons and until they make fast enough IPS panels for 120Hz mode this discussion will continue, I expect IPS 120Hz panels to become the standard in a few years time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever monitor @ this price. Incredible picture quality, 21 Feb 2013
Truly amazing colour reproduction and viewing angle. Super for PC/ Xbox 360/ Apple TV / Blue Ray player....jaw dropping overall excellence!!! Buy one without any hesitation!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond my expectations, 12 Mar 2013
Well packaged and easy to unpack and connect. I read one review that worried me that the monitor lurched to one side because of the off-centre stand which this monitor has. Not true! The base comes attached, but not tightened. There are two large screws in the base (in place, and ready to be tightened). Once these are tightened using a screwdriver (they have sort of wings for optional manual tightening - don't use these) - the base is located well and quite adequately and my monitor sits perfectly horizontal. One of the reasons I went for Acer is the glossy screen, which I like - I think it increases the sharpness of the images. I didn't realise that there's no DVI input socket, but a VGA and two HDMIs, so I've connected meantime with the supplied VGA cable, but have ordered a DVI to HDMI converter socket so I can use the high def connection. Also, the menu and power buttons are easily accessible on the broad base and not on the edge of the monitor or underneath and the connections are at the rear of the base rather than in that awkward under-the-monitor location. I set the screen resolution to 1920 x 1080, but still the desktop didn't fit the available monitor screen, but, going into advanced display settings gave me a stretch function which sorted that and it looks super, even although it's temporarily working on VGA. I haven't used the speakers as I don't need them, so can't comment on them. All in all a fantastic monitor for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant buy, 17 Feb 2013
this is a fantastic piece of equipment. the picture quality is amazing and easy to operate. I would definitely purchase this type of screen again . having recently purchased an acer tower I am very happy with the combination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor, 12 Feb 2013
Excellent Monitor with modern and stylish design. Ideall for CAD and other design work.
Easy to set up, and great value fo money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good large monitor, but don't expect amazing sound!, 4 April 2013
Daniel Smedley "Dan Smeds" (North Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I've been wanting a larger monitor for a while now, so decided to go for this one.
The Screen is large, has no visible imperfections that I can see. The picture is sharp, colours are rich, which is all what I want in a monitor.
The monitor has 2xHDMI and 1xVGA (With 3.5mm sound) inputs. This is great as I wanted to be able to switch between my home computer and my work laptop without messing around with cables. The only slight downside is that to switch the inputs when they're both live you need to go through the menu. This isn't difficult, but there would easily have been room on the stand for a dedicated source button. It will switch to whichever live input it detects automatically though.
One potential issue for prospective buyers is the fact that the stand is integral to the monitor, it can't be removed as the power/inputs/controls are situated within it, which means no wall-mounting or putting on a wall-mount style monitor stand. This is a design feature, however, so doesn't count against the number of stars I have given it. It's just something to be mindful of when you consider purchasing it.
The speakers are nothing to write home about, although plugging a blu-ray player into the HDMI is watchable. However you're not usually buying a monitor for the quality if its speakers.
All in all, this is a good monitor which has a couple of tiny issues as mentioned above, namely no easy method of switching inputs and not-very-impressive speakers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price and excellent quality, 22 Aug 2013
I'm using this as a secondary monitor for my laptop. The 27 inch screen is excellent and allows working on two documents side by side. I am not one for adjusting monitors colour balance etc but can confirm that the settings out the box are very good. Reasonable stand and very easy set up.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent monitor, 17 Jan 2013
Purchased for use as an external screen for 11" Macbook Air as I couldn't justify the cost of Apple's thunderbolt display. I'd been looking at a Samsung display for a little over £300, but grabbed this on impulse as a glossy IPS panel for under £200 was just too good a deal to resist.

Very glad I did, too - pleasantly surprised at just how good this screen is. Sure, it's not as sharp as the Apple display (mainly due to the fact that it's lower resolution - 1920x1080 vs 2560x1440 - but sharpness is nevertheless more than acceptable for DTP and web design work whilst contrast and colour balance (once properly calibrated) are first class.

Ridiculously good value for money - very pleased indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic screen for my Mac Mini, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: Acer S235HLBBMII 23-inch Monitor 16:9 FHD ZeroFrame IPS LED CrystalBrite 6 ms 100M:1 HDMIx2 MM Acer EcoDisplay (Accessory)
Looked everywhere for recommendations for a monitror for my Mac Mini

Saw this in my local Currys and decided that it would fit my needs best over Samsung/Acer usuals

Brilliant screen; connected to my Mac Mini via HDMI and everything was up & running in no time at all. It has some degree of tilt which is ideal as I like to look at my screen with it at an angle and not straught up

Superb resolution; great looks and well made

Higly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, average sized, 16 Aug 2014
Great monitor, average sized, excellent quality and easy to use.

The only downside I will mention, and this is for serious consideration.
There are no sound controls on the monitor itself, or in the settings. - Sometimes they are either too loud or too quiet.
You can easily change the sound on the.. game you are playing or film you are watching. But its still an inconvenience to not have any physical control over the speakers.