5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful
Published 13 months ago by James Purvis

1.0 out of 5 stars Powerful
I took half a scoop at 4pm yesterday, worked out for 2 hours and went about my evening like I normally would, just feeling pumped and ridiculously energised; and here I am at 5:30am still feeling like I could wrestle a bear...
It definitely works.
Published 6 months ago by Dan

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 1 Jun 2013
I do MMA, and as a result I have a several different work outs. I'd never done a pre-work before trying .50 cal, but this stuff gives you such a kick up the arse it's unreal. I got to the gym early today and my coach wasn't there. I was basically dancing around outside the door till he got there. I was on top form throughout the entire 45 minute blitz (explosive power and speed). I had the itching the first time I did a full scoop, but it wasn't really bad (I used to suffer from severe ecsema so I have somewhat of a tolerance for itching). I found that if I began regulating my breathing the itching went and the 50 cal really kicked in.

It can make your feel a bit light headed after a heavy set, so make sure you keep topping up with sips of water. Otherwise, radical product, so glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My day of lifting and frothing., 8 Mar 2013
As written from yesterday at approximately 10pm...

73 hours ago - go to gym, do one set, leave.
72.5 hours ago - buy pre workout shake (grenade .50 calibre purely because the packaging is aesthetically pleasing).

11 hours ago - pre workout gets delivered.

3.5 hours ago - take double dose of said drink.
1.5 hours ago - leave gym after a mouth frothing session, sprint home.
1.4 hours ago - realise I drove to the gym, as I do every time, sprint back.
1.25 hours ago - drive to South Cerney, realise my home is in fact in Cirencester 4 miles in the opposite direction, turn around.
1.15 hours ago - swing by Tescos to go trolly drifting and practice sprint drills in the car park.
1 hour ago - arrive home.

Currently sat in bed, as I have been for the past hour, twitching and air drumming (there is no music) and imagining wresting unicorns on a rainbow, suspended over an erupting volcano.

I suppose you could say it does what it says on the tin.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5*****, 2 Nov 2012
I have used many different pre workout formulas like Bsn no explode , white flood, jack 3d , sore pump etc etc, but grenade .50calibre is awesome even with half serving does what it says on the tin.

1.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, 8 Jan 2014
It definitely works.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Taste, Bad Mixabilty, Good Pump, 11 April 2013
This review is from: Grenade 50 Calibre Lemon Raid Pre Workout Energy Drink 580g- Pack of 50 Servings (Grocery)
First of all ill start of by saying that im a fan of the Grenade thermo detonator and I generally like the approach of this company, I have tried and used a few different pre-workouts and I have to say that this comes in the last place. here's why.

Taste - The first few times i had this pre-workout i though it tasted ok, but half way through the box I could not stand the flavor, near the end of the pack it was vomit inducing. I absolutely hate the taste, Its very sweet and bitter at the same time, tastes nothing like lemons, the smell is also very off putting. on the last few mixes i had to add orange squash to mask the flavor...

Energy & Pump - The only redeeming factor to this pre-workout is the energy, great pump and very clean energy. Did not get itches or any crashes. Overall im very satisfied with the energy that this pre-workout provided hence the 2 stars.

Mixability - This is what i hated the most, yes even more than the flavor. no matter how much or how long you shake this pre-workout for you will still get granules and bits of bitter pre-workout mixture clinging to your inner mouth. very disappointing.

The packaging was nice though...
Buy the Driven Sports Craze instead, cheaper and overall better

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes!, 3 Dec 2012
Mr. S. G. Arnott "stuart88" (London) - See all my reviews
My change performance is recognised almost straight away. I would recommend for people who are struggling to exceed their current limits. May make you feel a little sick but have a protein shake straight after the workout.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ugh....rotten taste !, 26 Nov 2012
This is a 6 or 7 out of ten, i.e it works quite well....IF you can handle the s***e taste. I have tried the berry and the lemon - they are both rank !. And they are hard to mix - very lumpy and coarse. (C'mon Grenade, sort the taste out). Try USN's Nitro X , power berry. MUCH nicer taste, and works brilliantly. On offer at Amazon in Feb '14. Big 615 g tub. Trust me, you won't be disappointed !

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 9 May 2013
I have been taking this since January, wow! The effects are amazing, no visible side effects, just a huge buzz and keeps me motivated! Only issue is due to your body becoming used to the caffeine dosage if taken regularly (this is natural) so I would advise only taking supplement for large muscle groups that take longer to train such as legs or back. Other than that great product, would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow head blowing, 21 Feb 2013
This stuff is hard core. After taking a good scoop, I had one of the best workouts yet. Apart from my heart beating very fast I seemed to manage a lot more gains in weight and indurance. Defo not for the timmed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff., 13 Feb 2013
J. Rickard (wales) - See all my reviews
I bought the 50 calibre to compliment my new strength based workout and, like it says on the box, the improvement in muscle pump is instantly noticeable. I had been using the thermo detonator and if you're looking for a pre workout for cardio then that is the better option but for resistance training or hiit training then go for the 50 cal.

Yes, I did experience the itching that is mentioned in some of the other reviews but rather than put me off my workout i think it gave me more drive to lift heavier than I ever had without it as the more you work the less you itch. Plus, ot's nice to know that a product is actually doing something to your body and is not just a box of expensive sherbert.

I wouldn't reccomend to someone who didn't have a good base fitness before using though as it does make you feel like your heart rate is elevated whilst resting. It could be unnerving or even hazardous to someone who wasn't used to excercise. For me though it has been perfect.