on 21 July 2013
Firstly, what I got sent wasn't what this photo is of. I ordered the "4Gamers Officially Licensed Bluetooth Headset - Black (PS3)" and instead got the... can't event remember. Some similarly cheap piece of tat. Anyway, that was a pain to set up as the written instructions were incorrect. Once I finally got it working, the volume could never get loud enough and the players on the other end of the game sounded like they were communicating from the far reached of the solar system.
on 13 July 2013
Before I get into reviewing the product I should mention that I returned this item as it was faulty. The headset itself doesn't seem bad, I just didn't want to take the risk that comes with going cheap again.

Getting the headset working with the PS3 is easy. Instructions are included and they were written with dummies in mind, you should be up and running within a few minutes of charging it up for the first time. Upon testing the headset, I found sound quality and levels to be satisfactory, not fantastic, but it does the trick. However, this is where I started to have problems, within an hour of using it in an actual game with friends, I started having feedback issues. The headset began outputting a rather dreadful noise, and I was informed that nobody could hear me. I did attempt to solve the issue myself but eventually came to the conclusion that my unit was simply faulty and decided to exchange it for a more expensive wired headset from Turtle Beach.

Note that I do not believe the problems I experienced to be the result of a design flaw inherent in all 4Gamers headsets, I think I was simply unlucky. It is worth keeping in mind that you do pay a premium for quality, and budget solutions do tend to break down more often. That said, I would recommend this product if you are on a very tight budget. In terms of how easy setting it up was, and the sound quality when the thing actually worked, I wouldn't expect much more for the cheap price.

Three stars.
on 6 July 2013
Good little headset, takes around 10 mins to set up, arrived super quick, brilliant. A little bit disheartened at the fact the price went down after i bought to but all together i'd recommend this product.
on 20 January 2015
this is great and fantastic i could hear my mates very clearly and a very amazing price aswell.great packaginng and arrived on time
on 30 April 2014
great headset does what it says on the tin easy to set up charge for 2 hours and and battery life is vgood
on 22 February 2015
Don't be fooled by the official licensing; this is a poor product. In its favour it is very cheap and functioned properly for approximately 20 sessions. However you cannot charge the device and use it at the same time which is very frustrating if you've forgotten to charge it. Your online buddies may start to disown you as charging takes around 1.5 hours and the charge lasts between 2 and 3 hours. Volume through the ear piece is low despite being set to maximum on my PS3. The device began to have trouble connecting a few days ago, it now refuses to connect at all. This is made worse by its HAL-like single light which gives you no idea what's going on. You know that feeling when you've ruined all your fun to save a few quid? Yeah..
on 30 May 2013
When I first received the headset, it came in a clear plastic type box. The top half of the box contains the headset - the one that I received was the black headset and was held in place by a well folded and placed plastic insert - again, transparent with a cardboard sleeve that has the "Official Licensed Product" logo. The bottom half of the packaging is a cardboard insert that has the box contents encased.

When opening the clear plastic box from the top I was greeted with a well folded but easy to open top. Once opened, it was easy to slide the bluetooth headset and the cardboard insert out and remove the plastic sleeve that the headset is sat in. Removing the headset from the plastic sleeve couldn't be easier. Just twist the headset a little so that the ear clip part of the headset slides through and unclip the receiver from the back of the packaging. The headset itself is nice to look at with a black finish and the PlayStation logo at the bottom of the headset. There are also no obvious buttons, so it literally is just the headset and ear clip. You can now get to the box that was sat under the headset.

Inside the box you will find the following contents.

1 x Headset
1 x Charging Cable
1 x Instruction Manual

So you don't get loads of little bits and bobs. You get what you need to be able to charge, setup and use the headset. It is recommended that you fully charge the headset before using for the first time. To do so, just plug in the included charging cable to a free USB port on your PS3 system and then plug in the other end to the headset itself. The LED indicators let you know what is going on while it is charging - red means it is charging and blue means it is fully charged. Headset charge time is roughly 1.5 hours.

When it came to pairing the headset, I was expecting it to be a daunting task, mostly due to previous experience. I couldn't have been more wrong. I made sure to follow all instructions that are included in the Instruction Manual, both to see if it was easy to follow and to make sure I got it right first time. No exaggeration here but following those steps was the easiest thing I have done for a while. They help you get the headset paired up with the console and also walk you through getting set to use the headset chat wise. If you are new to doing this on a PS3, then definitely follow the manual steps, you will be up and running in no time!

So now that everything is set up correctly and ready to go, I wanted to check out the sound quality through the headset. This was relatively easy to do. I grabbed a friend and we tried it out. I asked for feedback as far as sound quality whilst listening to see how clear incoming sound was. I was told that I was coming through crisp and clear, and I also had the same experience when listening to incoming voice. This is something I was glad about as there is nothing worse than unclear and muffled sound.

Having put this headset through its paces for almost a week, I have to admit that I am very pleased with it. I have used bluetooth headsets in the past and have had something negative to say about them - whether it be battery life or sound quality - but I honestly have nothing bad to mention about this one. If you are looking for a decent bluetooth headset to use with the PS3 then I would recommend this.
on 12 December 2013
my daughter has a lot of fun with this, she can interact with her friends whilst playing games on line, she seems happy with it.
on 23 September 2014
Decent sound and overall quality for price. I have a problem with mine though. I registered the device to my ps3 no problem, it was paired and worked, great. Now everything I turn my ps3 on and the headset, if I scan for the registered headset it never finds it so I have to re register the device with passcode every time I turn ps3 back on, pretty irritating as I followed instructions clearly.
on 26 November 2014
This is a Great product!! I love it .

Sound is so clear . Thank you