5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant light bulb
This is a great light bulb. Although it is supposed to be equivalent to 70W, it looks more like 100W. A good daylight colour that is probably good for winter depression. Comes on very quickly. The first realistic LED alternative to 100W or low energy equivalent, it will save a fortune over its life, & has a 5 year guarantee. I will be back for more.
Published 17 months ago by Jay7

3.0 out of 5 stars Shadows?!
I bought this bulb to replace a 100W equivalent CFL bulb in my bedroom. I live in a shared house so I effectively live in this room.

So the Pro's:

1, Brightness. The outright brightness is on a par with my CFL 100w equiv bulb.
2, Energy saving. It uses half the power of my CFL.
3, White light. Everything in the room has a natural colour...
Published 8 months ago by G. WOODRUFF

3.0 out of 5 stars Shadows?!, 5 Nov 2013
G. WOODRUFF - See all my reviews
This review is from: LT Lighting 11 Watt LED Light Bulb B22 Bayonet Day Light Cool White 1163lm Brightest 100 Watt Incandescent Bulbs Replacement (Kitchen & Home)

So the Pro's:

1, Brightness. The outright brightness is on a par with my CFL 100w equiv bulb.
2, Energy saving. It uses half the power of my CFL.
3, White light. Everything in the room has a natural colour instead of being tinted yellow.
4, Instant light. Unlike my CFL it doesn't take a few minutes to warm up and produce its maximum output.

Now the Con:

Dark Shadows!

There is something odd with the light coming from this bulb! It is hard to explain. It is as if the shadows are darker or something. If I go into a drawer it seems far darker in the shadow and I cannot see what I am doing. Or imagine using an electric shaver whilst holding a mirror in the other hand. With the CFL bulb you could stand anywhere in the room but with this LED bulb you have to stand in a certain position otherwise your face will be in too dark in a shadow.

It is as if this bulb doesn't disperse its light around the room as well.

My theory is that the light coming from the bulb is focussed downwards. I do have a light shade but both this LED and my CFL bulb protrude by the same amount down below the shade. I believe that the CFL bulb is shining far more light sideways and this light is in turn reflecting off the walls and other objects.

Meanwhile the LED is shining it in a more focussed way directly down with less light reflecting around off walls etc.

Just a theory but that is the best way I can describe what I am seeing.

I have therefore ordered a "white light" CFL bulb. Maybe LED lights just aren't there yet. Or at least they aren't suitable for my application. Perhaps it might work better in other rooms/situations.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant light bulb, 14 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Led 11 Watt Light Bulb, 20 Feb 2013
Very pleased with this purchase I replaced a low energy bulb in our upstairs hallway, which was always fairly dark with the light on, this 11 watt LED bulb has transformed the hall it is really bright now. My wife is also really pleased with this bulb, as she is not a fan of the low energy bulbs, because the rooms in the house never seem to be very bright when the lights are on, but with this new bulb the hall appears to be very bright, they say its gives you the same light as an old 100 watt bulb but it looks brighter to me but that's perhaps because the hallway has been quite dark for a long time. I can only finish off by saying that I'm about to go on line and order another one because we are very happy with the first one, thanks you

2.0 out of 5 stars Too big, 13 Dec 2013
This bulb was bought to replace a traditional filament bulb. It is much bigger and won't fit most lamp shades. The light shines very brightly from the top of the bulb but gives very little light to the sides. As others have mentioned it doesn't have a 'CE' mark.

5.0 out of 5 stars 11 watt led bulb b22, 29 April 2013
after considerable searching & expense,this is at last a light that satisfactorily
replaces the normal 150w bulb in standard lamp,both light output and spread is fine

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 19 Feb 2013
I used this bulb to replace a 17 watt CFL and it is much brighter and comes on (almost) immediately fully bright. I originally used it in my lounge but it looks out of place against the existing warm white lighting so it is now in the dining room which is a passage for almost all the other rooms so at only 11 watts I can afford to keep it on all the while. I shall definitely buy some more but opt for the warm white version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Much white light, 25 Aug 2013
Bought this after trying the "warm white light" version which I found very yellow. This one is much better for me anyway and lots of light too. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great low energy bulb, 1 April 2013
I love how bright it is and its very low energy, will look to buy more as even though they are expensive they should last for a long time and save money over time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A genuinely free lunch!, 12 Nov 2013
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
With most things there's usually a penalty for the economy they bring with them, for example, a highly economical car isn't likely to be a fast one, but this bulb breaks that rule.

The light output from this 11 Watt LED bayonet bulb is, in my opinion, easily equivalent to a 100W conventional light bulb and there's none of the warm up time you normally associate with energy saving lamps. The light is, as the description suggests, "Daylight White" which is quite stark but, in my view, fresh and bright and ideal for less intimate spaces such as halls and corridors etc., in fact, just the sort of spaces where you're likely to need a 100W equivalent light output.

The bulb looks nicely made and the fact that the heat sink extends about 2 thirds of the way down the bulb ensures most of the light is projected downwards. In use the bulb runs cool and it's nice to know you're using only just over 10% of the energy that its predecessor used with no warm up time. The design of the bulb gives a bit more of a tastefully futuristic look too. LT Lighting supply the lamp on a 90 day money back basis if you don't like it and there's a 5 year replacement warranty too.

This bulb is good for your pocket as well as the planet and overcomes the "warm up" time needed by previous incarnations of energy saving bulbs - it really does represent a "free lunch" I can't see any downsides as yet but will update this review if anything comes to light. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The closest to 100w LED bulb I have seen!, 19 Feb 2013
I bought this bulb thinking it would be just another fairly bright LED bulb but I must say it has really surprised me, I actually think it is a direct replacement for a 100w incandescent bulb! I switched it on for the first time and my wife said gosh that's bright and she is rarely impressed with my energy saving purchases. It is a very white light and you could easily work under it even doing intricate work. There are the usual LED drawbacks bu I can live with these, it takes a 1/3 of a second to come on and it doesn't hit the very corners of the room but it is still worth a definite five stars! I will be back for more definitely