5.0 out of 5 stars How Apple should have done it!
The way I see it, there are a couple of inherent problems with the original Apple cables.

Firstly, they are too short to be useful. Great if all you want to do is charge/sync your device, but about as useful as a chocolate teapot if you want to actually use your device while it's charging/syncing.
Secondly, the build quality is not great. We have...
Published 9 months ago by Mectza

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Sorry to say this item didn't work properly, the connection to the iPad does not fit correctly and has to be forced and when finally connected it would not charge
Published 18 months ago by R.I.M.BERRY

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars How Apple should have done it!, 4 Oct 2013

Secondly, the build quality is not great. We have numerous Apple devices in the house, each of which came with it's own cable. Every one of these cable has developed the same fault - the sleeving at the device end of the cable splits and frays.

Belkin have addressed both of these problems - the 2m length is just about perfect to allow use of the device from the couch while it's charging and the build quality is typical of Belkin - we've had this cable in daily use for the last 6 months and is showing absolutely no signs of developing the dreaded split&fray!

Incidentally, the is also no sign of that other problem synonymous with non-Apple cables - the all-too-common "charging is not supported with this accessory" message!

These Belkin cables are not cheap, however having tried numerous other (cheap) cables, including some that are advertised as being "Original", I have to say that they are well worth the additional cost!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Jan 2014
Unlike fakes this charges my phone quickly and it's more robust than the original iphone charger. It also charges my ipod and the price is fairly reasonable since the cable is 2m long. My advice is to always order this type of products thru Amazon directly as many third parties sell fakes which not only do not work well they could also potentially be dangerous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 20 Dec 2013
Carolus "CK" (Claypole, Lincs) - See all my reviews
Nice long and strong cable for use with my iPad. The quality one would expect from Belkin. Do not waste your money on the cheap versions because the Apple products do not like them, refuse to recognise them. This one is accepted OK

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, 14 Dec 2013
I have bought various Belkin products to replace original apple items and have always found them to be of a higher quality than the originals, this product is no exception.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality long apple charger, 15 Oct 2013
Now I can use my ipad whilst it is charging. Cable looks much more well made than the supplied Apple one and as it is an approved cable you get no incompatible messages when using ios 7.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthy alternative cable., 24 Mar 2014
Tech Usher "DpErCeHz" (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This cable is well built, thick and has some weight to it. I have this connected to a genuine dock and sometimes directly to the iPad 3 and in both cases it's always being recognised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, 19 May 2014
I have bought many iPhone chargers in the past and I like them to be good value for money, however all the ones I seem to buy break within the first few weeks. But ths belkin charger has lasted me a long time and is definitely worth the money you spend for it

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this and avoid the cheaper alternatives, 16 July 2014
Having been through my 4th 3.99 ebay cable lasting less than a fortnight,I decided it was time to spend some money on a decent alternative. The Belkin charge cable is significantly thicker and more sturdy than any of my previous purchases and justifies its relatively high price. I've had it for a few months now and it shows 0 signs of any wear and tear. I would suggest then avoiding anything of a bargain price as you will lose out in the long run, and end up having to buy a quality item like this eventually.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Jun 2014
ONE OF THE BEST CHARGING CABLE !

It charges my iphone quicker than any other chargers i have tried out!

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality cable for half the price of the official Apple one, 14 May 2014
P. Wray - See all my reviews
Having bought some much cheaper, long Apple cables and them fail in no time, I knew that I needed to pay a bit more for a quality product.

I did just that with this and haven't been disappointed. It's been used most days since it was purchased and works a treat. Some of the cheaper ones won't charge your iPad/iPhone - you'll have no problem doing that with this.

Up to the usual Belkin high standard.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›