5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired
This album contains songs I've never heard as well as a few I do know. I love songs from the early 20th century especially the 1940's and this double album is rammed full of inspiration, I love it and I'm sure you will too.
Published on 16 Nov. 2012 by hotlegs

3.0 out of 5 stars Caveat Emptor, but some good stuff
I think it's a bit of a sneaky marketing trick to market this as "Caro Emerald presents" , and obviously a lot of people haven't read the small print. Perhaps "Grand Momo presents the Tracks that inspired Caro Emerald" would have been a more honest title.

Published on 25 Oct. 2012 by Unca Wee

3.0 out of 5 stars Caveat Emptor, but some good stuff, 25 Oct. 2012
Unca Wee (The Kingdom of Northumbria) - See all my reviews

Still, it's not a bad collection; ranging from 1931 Boswell Sisters to 1972 Eartha Kitt via all sorts of mostly good stuff,some of which was new to me. There is a cover version of "Dream a Little Dream" by Caro Emerald herself, too.

Most buyers will have at least some of these tracks in their collection, but it would have been nice to have been told/shown how they fit in to Caro's output. As it is, the rather prosy sleeve notes don't really do a lot to explain the influences and developments that led to "Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor" and the music is sorted onto the discs neither by period or genre, so it hops around a bit, historically and stylistically.

Annoyingly, too, a few pennies have been save by not bothering to encrypt the discs so that they tell you what is playing or the artist; you only get a track number, which is irritating if driving, which is where I do most of my listening.
I will give the collection 3 stars, but I feel that Grand Momo have lost some friends by not taking the time or trouble to produce what could have been a good accompanying CD to "Deleted scenes"

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired, 16 Nov. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab easy listening, 8 Nov. 2012
Bought this thinking it was Carla singing, but it is songs that influenced her. I was not at all disappointed like some of the other reviews. This is a fab CD my husband and 16 year old love it and have played it non stop. It is a lovely cd to put on in the evening sitting by the fire with a glass of wine, relaxed and cool.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not Caro, 25 Oct. 2012
When I got an email from Amazon inviting me to pre-order Caro Emerald's new release, I immediately clicked and purchased. Like everyone else, I didn't realise it wasn't Caro's new cd but a compilation of lovely, very jazzy music. Great tunes but not Caro Emerald. Yes, in part, my fault, but naughty marketing on Amazon's behalf!

3.0 out of 5 stars Long Awaited - Disappointed, 12 Dec. 2012
I pre-ordered the album as Caro's last album/dvd was absolutely amazing. I became a "fan". This was to be one of those "Christmas comes early" presents. I should have read the write-up on it more carefully as the tracks are what influenced Caro's singing - all good tracks but not what I expected. Disappointing for me (probably not for others) as I had believed that she would be singing these 'oldies but goodies' in her own inimitable style. I've played it a couple of times but it's going to be one of those albums which will sit on a shelf. Hopefully Caro will record another album some time soon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Caro Emerald Presents, 24 Oct. 2012
Had imagined that Caro would be singing these songs with the original artists in their style - as other artists have done with vintage singers such as Sinatra, Elvis, etc. on other albums. After a few years since her last excellent album it felt time for something great from Caro. Eagerly awaited the delivery on pre order, now somewhat disappointed. Shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful!, 24 Dec. 2012
A fantastic collection of tunes. Anyone who likes Caro Emerald will love this collection. Could listen to it all day!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Caro Emerald, 19 Dec. 2012
Nice to know the influences that have shaped this singer. Hope she releases an original track recording soon as she has a good voice.

3.0 out of 5 stars I blame myself, 17 Nov. 2012
Steve Evans (Solihull, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I loved "Deleted Scenes" and was probably a bit too keen to buy the follow up, so I didn't realise that this isn't a follow up - it's a compilation of songs from the era that inspired that album.

Of it's type, it's not bad, but had I been a bit more diligent and realised that, I wouldn't have bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected!, 17 Nov. 2012
A. Bardwell "Landy" (Luton, England) - See all my reviews
Caro Emerald has produced some brilliant music and I must admit to pre-ordering her latest CD as soon as I knew about it, without really finding out what the new CD would contain. I was surprised to find only one track performed by Caro the rest being a collection of fairly old original performances of a range of music types including big band names such as Jerry Dorsey. Caro says these were the tunes that inspired her music and that may be so but I thought I was buying something she had composed and performed or maybe her interpretations of old classics.
There is nothing wrong with the collection of tracks as such but it is not Caro performing!