5.0 out of 5 stars At last!
Ditched the other similar looking one with the blue ring out of sheer frustration, for this.

There's no contest. Music and calls perfect, no interference, callers can hear me at motorway speeds, and auto-pairing when getting in the car - wow!
Published 15 months ago by little muck

3.0 out of 5 stars Works reasonably well but may require an extra purchase to eliminate noise
Prior to purchasing this I had installed an Xcarlink in my Mazda6 with its bluetooth attachment. The sound quality from the XCarlink's microphone was always pretty poor so when it broke down I decided to try using this with the XCarlink's audio-in port. This worked perfectly, except for the fact that when the Kinivo is on there is a high-pitched background noise and I...
Published 29 days ago by Timothy A. Bonnici

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free car kit for cars with aux input jack (3.5 mm) (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Easy install and initial pairing to iPhone. Always charged, and much, much better A2DP streaming quality. Tiny non-distracting, infrequently flashing light, dedicated music fwd/bwd buttons.
Delighted to have made the switch to this Kinivo.

Oh, and once more...auto-pairing. Very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and easy to set up, 23 Sep 2013
Can't fault this product. It was really easy to set up and the sound quality from my iphone to my car speakers is as good as connecting it via a cable. It plays music from my iPhone library or straight from the spotify app. I can also make and receive phone calls which are clear for both the caller and receiver. When the call is finished it starts playing the music again. Not all bluetooth products allow you to both make calls and play music but this one does. My Tom Tom sat nav app on the iPhone also plays over bluetooth to the car speakers. It also works whilst charging and the iPhone pairs automatically as soon as you turn on the ignition so you can almost forget it is there. I have a separate charger for my phone for long journeys but it will work if your phone is on charge or not.

I spent a long time looking at suitable products and this is perfect and great value for money. It just proves you don't have to spend a fortune.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 17 April 2014
B. Ward (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
As others have said, this is SO easy to set up. Just plug into the power outlet, plug into your AUX input, and stick somewhere you can get to it within easy reach of the buttons. Turned on my phone Bluetooth, it found it, and paired automatically. And every time I turn on my bluetooth it connects instantly. Audio is great quality- certainly on par with connecting via cable. And now I can pause and skip songs by tapping a button on the device instead of having to turn on my phones screen first. The build quality, although plastic, is actually very nicely done, and it's a solid build. Nothing cheap looking here. Well done, and thank you, to the makers.

5.0 out of 5 stars kinivo btc450, 12 Oct 2013
Have only used it to pair with phone so can't coment on pairing with devices for playing music but as a hands free kit it is top dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 26 Jan 2014
Easy to set up and use
Excellent call quality
Useful button system to toggle podcasts or tracks
Automatically connects to my phone when I get in the car
Automatically stops playing music when a call comes in
Would highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free car kit for cars with aux input jack, 9 Nov 2013
The device works perfectly and it is very easy to install, the stereo is excellent. Good price, just buy it and enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Neat, Quality - what else do you need?, 19 Sep 2013
The installation took less than 5 minutes from opening the package to making my first test call.
Very neat and unobtrusive.
My main concern was what the Bluetooth audio streaming quality would be link - no need to worry at all, very good indeed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great price, 12 Sep 2013
Delivered very quickly. Hooked up with iPhone straightaway and its much better to flick to next song on playlist on Kinivo rather than faffing around with your phone while driving. Great product. Great price. Very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant, practical device, and a joy to use!, 5 Aug 2014
I purchased this to link my Samsung Galaxy Note running Android 4.4.4 to my Honda Jazz (2006) as it has an AUX port and no Bluetooth. Previously, I used to have a charging and 3.5mm cables plugged in, but it was very inconvenient and messy.

I knew the Kinovo was small, but after unboxing, I was pleased to see that it was even smaller than I thought, so I managed to easily find a convenient and discreet spot on the dashboard. The provided 2 x 3M pads are strong and have endured hot weather over the last few days with a strong bond and no movement.

I connected the power and AUX, and turned the ignition 1 turn. The Kinovo turned on and was immediately in pairing mode and so I added the device on my phone - no passkey required. A jingle played once connected (this plays every time it connects) After that, it was ready!

A single press on the main button opened up my default music application (Google Play Music) and continued playing the last played file on my phone. Another press would pause the music and close the application on the phone. The should buttons of the Kinovo skip tracks just like on any MP3 or CD player. Music quality is very good, no skips and as good as plugging the phone in directly to the AUX.

Answering incoming calls is simple, a single press of the main button answers, and another press hangs up. The sound quality is clear with no missed audio during conversations (given phone signal is good!). When asking the caller about the sound for them, they have said that the volume is slightly faint as if I was using speakerphone, which I am. During all conversations, even driving at 60mph (the Honda Jazz does not have good sound insulation) I was not asked to repeat any part of the conversation.

When used with Google Maps navigation, the music volume is lowered for voice directions and returns to normal afterwards.

My only issue is not with this device at all, but with Google Now on Android - holding down the Kinovo's main button for 2-3 seconds activates voice commands on your phone. But upon doing so, Google Now opens, but no voice input is received. From what I have read and after trying another Bluetooth handsfree device, this is an issue with Google Now.

After use, as soon as the key is removed from the ignition, the Kinovo is disconnected - exactly how car Bluetooth devices should be!

Regardless of the voice input issues with my phone, I would not hesitate to purchase this product again. It's a very welcome addition to cars with limited expansion for technology and I highly recommend this product!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but you may require a noise suppressor., 9 Sep 2014
I bought this:Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free car kit for cars with aux input...
Sold by: BlueRigger LLC to plug into this: VW Golf MK4 Aux interface Adaptor Aux MP3 iPod iPhone
Sold by: In Car Emporium
Which I plugged into the rear of my 14yr old standard VW car stereo, so that I could make hands free calls and listen to the music on my phone/Spotify. It was okay at first, then came the Alternator whine. So I bough t and fitted this:3.5mm Headphone Mini Jack Ground Loop Isolator Noise Filter Car Stereo. This Total Gem of a device solved the day. The whine has totally gone, but not at the expense of any high frequencies. I did a comparison test with the Radio and listening to the same station on the phone via all the connected accessories. You could not tell which was which. Then I tried Spotify, again the quality was superb. Very very happy with all three items. It's only been a day, so no test on longevity, time will tell.
PS. The Bluetooth device was the cause of the whine; I used a cable to conect the phone to the Connects2 device and there was no whine, it only appeared when the hands free was connected.