5.0 out of 5 stars BTC450
I purchased the btc450 for two reasons: 1. It would only work through the cigarette lighter. This would save the effort of charging it. 2. It had aptX which my friend said was better than a2dp, apparently my phone supports it (Galaxy S3).

Published 19 months ago by Dan

Published 7 months ago by Timothy A. Bonnici

5.0 out of 5 stars BTC450, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free car kit for cars with aux input jack (3.5 mm) (Wireless Phone Accessory)

The fact it had a hands free kits didn't bother me as there is one already in my car. Android devices allow you to choose what device you link up to. So I had the music to the btu450 and the calls to the car. I did test the hands free and the caller said it sounded much better than my car one. So I will be using it for both. Excellent.

The sound quality is very good indeed. Clear at all frequencies. I did hear noise through it though. This is not the fault of the btc450 but of the car (Mazda 6). I tried it in another car and there was no noise. It apparently comes from having the ground for the cigarette lighter and car stereo in different places causing ground loops. I purchased a kensington noise reducing cable (ground loop isolator) that Mr Sundareshawar recommended in his review along with the 3.5 female to female coupler. This worked excellently. No more strange noises.

To test to see if you will get this issue: charge your phone with the 12V socket you would use and plug your phone into the aux through the headphones. Put your stereo on aux, if there is noise coming though with no music you will most likely need the cable. Make sure the volume is not 0 as some stereos will cut the connection so you won't hear anything.

The usability when connected is excellent. The middle button connects to S Voice (a feature on Samsung mobiles) this allows you to ring people by saying the name in the phone book. It also works with my wife's siri Button on her iPhone.

I placed mine on the dash where the stereo is. The finish is very good and blends well with my dash. Enough that it could actually be there from the manufacturer. It was quite difficult hiding the wire. Most of my dash just pulls off so I could get it so far, but it is just visible under the stereo. I will try and upload a picture. I was worried about the sticky pad not being strong enough. This is not the case and will enable you to press the buttons without it coming off.

All in all an excellent product and well recommended. Make sure you do a test for noise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but only in price., 6 Dec. 2014
I never usually review products but I was extremely impressed with this one. I own a BMW 3 series coupe. I wanted to connect my music wirelessly because I hate how scruffy wires all over the place look. I took a leap of faith going by previous reviews, but looking at the price I wasn't holding my breath.

This product turned out to be excellent. To sync it with my phone could not be more simple. Plug device in, search for it via bluetooth on your phone and conect. Not only does it sync with my itunes it also plays spotify. From the device you are able to skip tracks, pause, rewind and fast forward (and yes, this includes spotify). This means once you press play, you have no need to touch your phone again.

My phone calls come through perfect. The only time I notice any distortion is when I turn my cars volume to max and then it's noticelable, but quite frankly, this never happens. I have now stopped using my bmw bluetooth prep in favour for this. I also love that the cigarette usb port. It means I can stick a charger in when the batteries running low without hassle.

I think i've only ever written one review (which was negative) but this product is one that I beleive deserves it. If you want to spend little money but gain a top of the range product, this is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 30 May 2013
Ditched the other similar looking one with the blue ring out of sheer frustration, for this.

There's no contest. Music and calls perfect, no interference, callers can hear me at motorway speeds, and auto-pairing when getting in the car - wow!
Easy install and initial pairing to iPhone. Always charged, and much, much better A2DP streaming quality. Tiny non-distracting, infrequently flashing light, dedicated music fwd/bwd buttons.
Delighted to have made the switch to this Kinivo.

Oh, and once more...auto-pairing. Very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 26 Jan. 2014
Easy to set up and use
Excellent call quality
Useful button system to toggle podcasts or tracks
Automatically connects to my phone when I get in the car
Automatically stops playing music when a call comes in
Would highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Dec. 2014
I had a similar car kit by another manufacturer before this one and it didn't always connect to my phone properly, but this one has been spot on. I've had this one for a couple of months and so far I can't really fault it. The main button is easy to find and press (unlike the other one I tried), and I like the fact that it has the small forward and back buttons on the top for skipping music tracks. The cables are nice and long so it should be easy to install in any car. The cigarette lighter plug thingy has a USB port on it, so you can charge your phone in the car too, which is nice.

When you get in the car and turn on the ignition, this car kit will automatically connect to your phone, which is handy. I have a Nexus 4 with Tasker installed, so after playing around for a bit I've got my phone set up to play music once it connects to this car kit. So basically I can start the car, and a few seconds later the music on my phone will start playing through my car speakers automatically. Can't get any easier than that really!

There's also an app called Bluetooth Launch which will let you access Google Now by holding the big button on the car kit for a couple of seconds, which is pretty handy too.

I've only tried using the car kit to talk on the phone a couple of times so I can't comment too much on that, but it seemed to be nice and clear for both me and the person the couple of times I used it.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars kinivo btc450, 12 Oct. 2013
Have only used it to pair with phone so can't coment on pairing with devices for playing music but as a hands free kit it is top dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Neat, Quality - what else do you need?, 19 Sept. 2013
The installation took less than 5 minutes from opening the package to making my first test call.
Very neat and unobtrusive.
My main concern was what the Bluetooth audio streaming quality would be link - no need to worry at all, very good indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty title, 16 Oct. 2014
This little thing is awesome.

It's extremely easy to connect to your phone and the sound quality is superb. I have replaced my in car MP3 player with this and my music is now streamed from my phone and sounds just as good, if not better, than the old player.

The quality of phone calls is also exceptionally good with and music pausing as the call is received and resuming playback once the call has ended. I was able to turn the incoming call volume up very high (too high for comfort) with no feedback reported from the caller while my voice was still very clear to them.

If you use a sat nav on your phone while playing music the volume will dip for the spoken instructions and return to normal once complete.

The only issues I have come across, which aren't that big a problem for me, is that music cannot be paused from the device if the sat nav app is running in the foreground and the voice dialling is somewhat erratic and is yet to understand anything I've said to it. I tried using the Google voice dialler on my phone and that works perfectly so I'll use that instead.

I'd highly recommend this product to anyone looking for such a device.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well., 7 Oct. 2014
Sean (NEWARK, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Very good indeed. Pairs perfectly with my Galaxy S3. Sound quality is great. Cable is long enough to reach to the rather stupidly placed AUX port and power socket in my car (Next to the hand brake ! Go figure.). Easy to use. Fairly good instructions. You might need to buy a noise suppression thingy for the AUX socket in your car (available on Amazon for tenner).

There is a stupidly bright intermittently flashing blue LED. You need to place the unit in front of you on the dash so that (1) you can easily press the buttons and (2) the mike is lined up with your mouth for hands-free phoning.
During the day the LED isn't a problem but in the dark it is very distracting to have a flashing blue LED in your peripheral vision. I solved it by covering it up with some insulation tape.

The cable looks a bit thin to me and thus it might be quite easy to damage so that's a bit of a concern. Wouldn't want to move it about much.

Would have got 5 stars if not for the LED and if the cabling was a bit thicker and stronger looking.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works reasonably well but may require an extra purchase to eliminate noise, 18 Aug. 2014
Prior to purchasing this I had installed an Xcarlink in my Mazda6 with its bluetooth attachment. The sound quality from the XCarlink's microphone was always pretty poor so when it broke down I decided to try using this with the XCarlink's audio-in port. This worked perfectly, except for the fact that when the Kinivo is on there is a high-pitched background noise and I needed to purchase a ground-loop isolator (an extra £10) to eliminate this. Once that was in place the system works well and the sound quality is good. In addition to the main button there are also fast forward and rewind buttons which are useful for controlling music streaming from a phone.

It powers itself from the cigarette lighter socket. Thoughfully it has a power pass through in the form of a USB socket so you can stIll plug in other car gadgets such as satnavs that can draw power from a USB socket. However, if you should have another device that plugs directly into the lighter socket bear in mind that you won't be able to use the Kinivo at the same time.