5.0 out of 5 stars Concise, focused - most useful "how to write" book I have read in a long time
This brief (novella length) e-Book has to be the most useful "how to write" book I have read in a long time. Written by fantasy author Rachel Aaron, it is clear, straightforward and pretty easy to follow as a writing method. Having struggled to wrangle the first draft of my first novel into shape all I can say is I wish I had read it before I started writing... but I'm...
Published on 16 Nov 2012 by Phillip Spencer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, but I doubt many can write 10k words
Rachel Aaron's book on improving your word count is an awfully good read, jammed with several aspect to improve not how you write your book, but how you can speed up the process. Even though it has a chapter on plotting,I believe it won't help you with writing whatever book you wish to or are writing at this moment.

That said,the small "gems" within the book,...
Published 22 months ago by Alexander Harrison

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: 2k to 10k: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You Love (Kindle Edition)
I will recommend this book to first time writers. It shares useful tips, is easy to follow and saves time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a very worthwhile read, 19 Nov 2013
I got more value from this book than I had expected. Its main promise, how to write 10,000 words in a day was covered very well in part one of the book ... Useful stuff that I can certainly use.

I wondered whether the rest of the book would just be filler after that. But actually it wasn't. It was all really useful information about how to structure your content, write and edit better and again I can apply it in many ways. The irony is that there are quite a few errors within the text that stood out all the more after the author described her rigorous approach to editing.

I would like to thank Rachel Aaron for writing this book. It is very useful. I will probably refer back to it on a regular basis until everything I have learned from it becomes habit, because it is all useful stuff, even though what I'm writing is entirely different to what Rachel writes about.

If you are trying to write a story ... a book, or even a series of books, as I am, then this is a good book to add to your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful and inspirational read, 16 Nov 2013
Although the premise of this book is about increasing word count, I think the the real gems within the content are around how to preplan your book (the knowledge) so that you are able to simply go ahead and write. I do this with my writing at work and I don't know why I didn't make the connection that this would work with my creative writing.

A very useful reference guide on what to think through before you start. I'm definitely going to try this approach.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Tips., 16 Oct 2013
I think the best material in this book is the stuff nearer the beginning. Later on the focus kind of changes away from writing fast. The early part of the book has some great information which I won't give away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Discipline is all you need!, 25 Sep 2013
An easy to read book on how to increase your word count each day. Some good ideas and good tips. Unfortunately, I'm still trying to get somewhere near the 2k mark! In the end, it's al down to discipline and keep on writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go, writers, 6 Sep 2013
Mrs B A Weller (WESTCLIFF ON SEA, Essex, GB) - See all my reviews
I've thought about writing for years, I have half- written novels, ideas and scenes scattered about on my laptop and in notebook. These cover all genres, romance, science-fiction, thrillers, crime etc but this book has inspired me to take a new look and start writing. A book for all would-be authors as well as existing ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational read, 30 Aug 2013
Steve "Tell us about yourself!" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Written we'll and a nice easy read. The book opens up the possibilities of being able to do more. It's all quite obvious, but it is a very good read x

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, thorough, enjoyable, 30 Aug 2013
Helen Welsh (Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is a great book for someone like me who has toiled through the writing of three or four novels, not managed to sell any of them, and determined but somewhat overwhelmed at trying yet again. Aaron's style is very engaging - she explains it comes from her blog so I now intend to look that one up and sign on. She is practical and down-to-earth and also, clearly, a good writer (her genre is not to my taste so I can't say what I think of her novels). I have already put some of her advice into action, with good results, and I'll be going back to her book again and again for new ideas. Definitely worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast inspiration, 19 Aug 2013
Short and to the point, Aaron will point you in the right direction to get more words down on the page in a shorter space of time. I doubt whether I'll ever reach 10,000 a day but any increase in productivity is worthwhile and it made me think about how I could go about my writing more effectively.
Well worth the read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile - A new way of looking at how to write., 13 Aug 2013
A few mistakes in the text which let the book down a little; this is why I have given four stars rather than five. A lot of the concepts seem to be good , and are worth trying. I found it enjoyable and worth reading.