5.0 out of 5 stars The Only Banana Plugs You'll Ever Need
I have purchased all three different Sewell Banana Plugs - the Sewell Silverback Banana Plugs, Dual Screw Lock, 12 Pairs and Sewell Pro Maestro Banana Plugs, 24K Gold Connectors, 12 Pair, and these Deadbolts are the cheapest and the best.

Published 11 months ago by Peter D. Goodwin

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Delicate for purpose
A loose fit in the speakers, easily breakable. Not impressed with the method of connection for the speaker cable within the plug. I'm looking to buy alternative plugs.
Published 3 months ago by Max Macson

5.0 out of 5 stars The Only Banana Plugs You'll Ever Need, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Sewell Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12 Pair (Electronics)

The process of connecting your cables is so simple, it's misleading. You simply cut back the insulation about 1 cm, pass the bare wire up through the black body of the plug, fold it down in 3 or 4 places around the circle, then push the other half of the plug on (the gold pin) to force the cable into the body of the plug and screw it up tight, No need for screwdrivers and it will take fairly thick cable.

The only note of caution I would make is that the colour differentiation on the plug body isn't great, just consisting of a thin stripe of a dull, dark red, or black within a black body. But that's a very minor niggle.

My title is a little misleading, as I am currently using all three types of Sewell Plugs. I'm using a medium sized bi-wire cable as bi-wired on two systems (one 5.1 AV, one stereo) and bi-amped on one (9.2 AV). I use the Deadbolts for the BASS connection on all speakers, and the Deadbolt is big enough to merge two wires in for bi-wiring. I then use the Sewell Pro Maestro for the RIGHT Channel on the HIGH connections at both ends for Bi-Amping and the Speaker end for Bi-Wiring, and Sewell Silverback for the LEFT Channel in the same way - this makes the identification of different channels far easier when you're lying on your back with a torch in your mouth struggling to plug the last few cables in.

I've also used the Sewell Deadbolt 45 Spade Plugs, 6 Pack at the speaker end for one of my Surround Channels (Canon S50s) as the wall bracket used doesn't allow for banana plugs and I didn't like the bare wire option I was using.

Do yourself a favour and treat your system to a set of the Sewell Deadbolts - count carefully as if you're bi-wiring/bi-amping and running multi-channel AV systems, the number of plugs required soon add up - I bought the 24-pack versions of all three plugs (a biamped stereo pair requires 16 plugs, plus another 12 for Centre and surround for 5.1, so 28 for my main system, which could increase by 12 if I used the full 9 channels).

Peter G

5.0 out of 5 stars Sewell Deadbolt banana plugs, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sewell Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12 Pair (Electronics)
Fantastic banana plugs, well made and easy to install. I ordered these as i bought a new av receiver, Sony's STR-DN1040 and my existing Fisual easy fix banana plugs wouldn't fit. all in all highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deadbolt banana plugs, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Sewell Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12 Pair (Electronics)
Excellent plug at a excellent price. Just what I was looking for. Would definitely buy more if and when needed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Delicate for purpose, 28 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Connections, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sewell Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12 Pair (Electronics)
Just as described, very easy to connect the cable with secure & neat hand screw fixing. Delivery as expected and very good value in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed ,Simple, tidy & good quality, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sewell Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12 Pair (Electronics)
Excellent design, Look good,Easy to use. Form a good robust connection. Improved the ease of setting up my system .

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid little beauties, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Sewell Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12 Pair (Electronics)
These are great, easy to use. Can't tell a sound quality difference but then I didn't expect there to be, it's more for easier connections.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Life Easy, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sewell Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12 Pair (Electronics)
I like good sound quality but cant say I have really noticed any difference in the Audio. But they are very easy and secure to fit and when I need to play around at the back of the Amp they make life so much easier than unscrewing the terminal clamp. May solder them one day to see if it really makes a difference.
All in all a good buy and pleased that I bought them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use. Quick, simple and effective., 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sewell Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12 Pair (Electronics)
I had a lot of connections to make for a 5.1 system around my living room. These screw-on banana plugs are heavy, look very well made and just plain work. A nice secure connection - I'm using QED silver cable with these - in very little time.

Update - 2 months later, moving speakers about etc, nothing has come loose. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the slightly fatter cable., 6 Nov 2013
R. Shears (Exeter) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sewell Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12 Pair (Electronics)
I like these Banana plugs, they keep the back of the amp/speakers tidy, fit all the cables I have. Admittedly I did have to trim my 200 strand flatbed QED speaker cables to fit but 79 strand QED Silver fits perfectly.

Sewell Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12 Pair