5.0 out of 5 stars Nerf has outdone themselves!
Before I start, I am going to assume you know a decent amount about Nerf guns.

Everyone who knows even the bare minimum about Nerf guns will be thinking: "This is a new Maverick".

Published 20 months ago by Val

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great
When I first got this, this was amazing but after a few months the mechanism started to get a bit weary and doesnt fire the bullets with any force
Published 11 months ago by Fraz Ahmed

5.0 out of 5 stars Nerf has outdone themselves!, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster (Toy)
Before I start, I am going to assume you know a decent amount about Nerf guns.

Nerf has gone and taken a Maverick and a Spectre and they've actually (for once), sat down and thought how can we improve these guns. The Strongarm fixes the problems of both of these previous guns. It fixes the Maverick's jamming problem by making the cylinder rotate on firing only. It neither rotates on trigger pull, like the Maverick or on cocking like the Spectre. This means no more jams!
Second of all they've realised that 90% of all the Mavericks out there were modified so that the cylinder dropped out all the way. The Strongarm comes with a cylinder that comes out all the way. This means you can load it much more easily than the Maverick.
Thirdly they are actually right to put "fires up to 75 feet" on the box. It actually does. Straight out of the box. No modifying required. The mechanism has great air transfer to the dart. The air restrictor in the cylinder has been removed which means that it fires further, more accurately and that the cylinder is a lot shorter. The plunger also has a great seal. No changes required.

If you're hesitating between this, the Maverick and the Spectre. Forget the Maverick. The Strongarm is of a different league (for the same price). Yes, the Spectre does come with great looking silencer and stock. But the stock is thin and wobbly and absolutely no use for aiming as it will flex hugely and the silencer will just reduce range and accuracy.

Finally, the new "elite" darts are an improvement on the old streamlines. The old streamlines had a piece of the tip that went about half an inch into the dart. The new elite darts have a much shoer piece of tip going in. This means that they are much more front heavy. This combined with the better quality foam they used means that they travel a good distance further and more accurately that the old streamlines. But, be warned, the old streamlines will not fit in this gun as they will stick out (due to the tip going in further) and the barrel will not be able to rotate. use ELITES only.

If you've managed to read through all that, congratulations. I am really impressed.

Summary:

Buy this over the Maverick or the Spectre.
Accurate
Shoots far
Doesn't jam
feels very solid.

Thanks for reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Packs a punch, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster (Toy)
I have two children and I'm not embarrassed to say that I brought this for myself so that I can fight back when I get attacked. This gun, however is incredibly powerful and after having shot my husband in the face at almost point blank range (not something I will be doing again believe me!) I have discovered it is perhaps a little too powerful to aim at my children without inviting some kind of social worker visit. That said it is a great gun which can fire off six bullets incredibly quickly and seriously powerfully. It's amazing and I love it. I have just planned a nerf party for grown ups so that I have someone I can actually fire it at

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster (Toy)
Bought this for my daughter at uni and she and her friends had great fun with it. I would recommend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster (Toy)
Great weapon! It looks really cool, it functions well and has great range. The only issue I've had is that occasionally darts will end half way out of the barrel, but it's rare.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is great, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster (Toy)
My son loves this nerf gun and I would order another one if need be. Nothing else I can say. It is great

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster (Toy)
I use this for my assassin's guild games at university and it's great. Not too big so easy to conceal and so much more reliable than the maverick.
It does jam if trying to fire too quickly but for the most part it is quick, reliable and accurate

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster (Toy)
Bought as a present and went down really well. Bought for a nine year old he was really happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy one of these!, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster (Toy)
Having had the whole of my uni house buying Nerf guns. This one, out of them all was in the top 3.

The quick fire shooting system is brilliant, making it much better than the Maverick.

So yeah, buy one, whether you're 12 or 21 (like me!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster (Toy)
Amazing for the price, was the cheapest of its kind online, was very happy with this product as i use to it to get my boss at work "bonding time".

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster (Toy)
My 5 year old son likes this one and he can load it quite easily himself. Personally I think it would be better to buy some Jolt's and Triad EX-3 for the same cash. They are much smaller and handy and just as powerful.

Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster