5.0 out of 5 stars Great value,great sounding internet radio
Published 20 months ago by E. Blaze

3.0 out of 5 stars Sounds good, just cannot listen to the channel I want to
The sound is good for the price and would be great as an alarm radio in the bedroom were it not for the fact that the one radio channel we listen to 90% of the time cannot be received. Even the manual add mode did not help us. I would say if you could receive the channels you want to, it's a good purchase, if you can't you're a bit stuck.
Published 14 months ago by Nick Barratt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value,great sounding internet radio, 29 Nov. 2013
E. Blaze - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hama IR200 Internet Radio (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
Easy to set up and to use, including selection of your favourite stations from the many genres available. The sound is good quality and can be mistaken for that from a digital radio but note that there is no facility to feed output via headphones.Full station information, including details about what is being played, is streamed clearly across the lcd screen. Financial and local weather data can be readily accessed and you can switch to and from standby with ease.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual, 4 Nov. 2013
I wanted something that was better than the DAB radio I had and lo and behold this came along !
Very good sound and you can even play songs from your mobile phone or tablet straight to it via wifi......brilliant.
Only quick i think is the on/off switch on the back of the unit, which was the only way to turn it off unless you put it into standby mode with the remote control included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic item.., 15 Oct. 2013
OK it's a little bulky but sits on the bedside table all ready to entertain me
And boy does it entertain. It plays radio from around the world. It plays music from my media PC. It will even let you stick an MP3 player into it to play from it
There is an online portal to let you add radio stations to favourites so you can access them easily.., you can even add new stations (or ones it thinks have ceased broadcasting, like Absolute 80s)
If you want an internet radio, buy one of these and enjoy a decent radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little Radio Alarm, with a lot going on !, 28 Jan. 2013
A Fantastic radio from station all around the word, I thought the speaker quality was amazing for its size, wake up to an alarm, or sounds from your favourite radio station, or use its Wi-Fi stream function to transfer music from your smartphone, or PC, can't fault it.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 10 Feb. 2014
Andrei (Plymouth, Devon) - See all my reviews
First time writing an Amazon review.

In general - I wanted such a device for a long time; and I like this particular one - it is a bit above my expectations: quality of sound, design etc. I managed to find all stations I ever heard and even more - I never heard about. I have not yet a chance to test manual entry for URL of a station not found - the device finds everything whatever I tried, not only in the UK but also in Russia.

Minuses. Main fault so far - the system crashes, freezes from time to time, say, once a day: stops responding, freezes time display and also often does not exactly crashes (ie still responds) but turns the text in the menu upside down - difficult to control. So far the problems resolve with just re-booting the system, i.e. turning the switch off/on. Display information could be more versatile (I guess would come with a higher price) and data entry is not too easy though it basically only required once - to connect to Wi-Fi; afterwards all the data entries (editing station list etc) could be done from a computer.

Considering to buy another similar device, for my daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars HAMA internet radio., 12 April 2014
I chose this product because a friend had one and said it was a good radio. It was easy to connect to my WiFi just by putting it near my router and rebooting the the WiFi button. Voila.
I have more than 1000 stations to choose from and after selecting my favourites they are up at a click of a button. It retains all the info regardless how long it is of and where I move it too.

Great radio fully recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER INTERNET SMALL RADIO, 7 Dec. 2013
D. Cole - See all my reviews
Looks good and is easy to set-up. I'm in The Netherlands and want UK radio and it was very easy to search UK stations and find Smooth Radio. The sound is deep for a small radio and you can also adjust this with the equaliser and the volume is easy lound enough for my large kitchen. It seems to have lots of other functionality, but I only listen to the one station. Very pleased and I think the price is also fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy - love this radio, 4 Jan. 2014
Living away, distinctly unimpressed by the quality of local radio, an internet radio seemed like a good idea. This one is perfect. I chose this model mainly because it's way cheaper than some of the other options and I've had Hama products before and been happy with them.

It took a while to set up but the guide included takes you through the process (which includes registering on the mediaU website and linking your radio to your account) step by step. Stations can be added through the mediaU website, but I found that some stations didn't transfer across and I had to add one of them manually because it wasn't found in the radio menus either. However, since this only has to be done once, it's not a big problem. If you can find on the internet the url for the station you want, you can add it - regardless of whether or not its listed on mediaU.

It also works as a radio alarm with two separate alarms. You can set the alarm volume separately from the main volume and has a sleep function.

I am very VERY happy with this radio :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Alternative to DAB, 7 Jun. 2014
As we are moving to France, I had to find an alternative as DAB doesn't work there and I can't be without a radio in the house! I was tempted by Pure as I had one of their DAB tuners, but the Hama seemed a better bet for me as a wireless internet device, and haven't been disappointed.

It was easy to set up and use once I got used to the My media U, which was a pain to set up on my home PC. Adding stations was easy and the range available was all I had expected and more.

Sound quality is almost as good as my previous Pure tuner, and the radio connects to my wireless signal in all rooms in the house.

In summary it is good it is good value, compact, easy to use, and produces a decent punchy sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great internet radio for the money, 27 Sept. 2014
Very pleased with this great bit of kit.
Spent many hours deciding what option to go for, but glad I opted for this.
Nice sound quality and runs all day in the background with no drop outs or issues.
If you are looking for a reasonably priced Internet radio for the kitchen / office or wherever you can't go wrong with this.
The remote control as well is handy.
Recommended