on 11 June 2013
This book is just full of delicious recipes, that are wonderfully approachable.
I wanted a book that contained recipes that required a bit of effort, but not an amount of effort that takes over your entire day. My partner is the cook in our home and we have got a wall full of cook books, which are generally used at the weekends, and for when we are entertaining.... but this book will get used more regularly than that, and by me - a very average cook.
The recipes are so different to any other book, it isn't a health or diet book - but the recipes are healthy and wholesome. It is feel good food that isn't loaded with butter and cream and overly rich undulgances.
You can judge this book by it's cover. The recipes are indeed fresh, happy, and tasty.... and you will be as excited as the chef herself is on the cover when you've made a dish from it yourself.
on 24 February 2014
I have purchased 3 copies of this book as gifts and all recipients have been delighted not just by the recipes but by the accompanying literarure
on 14 August 2015
This is without doubt one of the nicest cook books I have and I have a few!! The recipes are delicious exciting fresh and tasty and like the title have made me happy. There is not one recipe in here I wouldn't try. There really is no reason not to buy this book!!
on 17 June 2013
An amazing and easy to get to grips with recipe book. Obviously the author has more than a passion for food - good food without the bull. The essence of fresh ingredients and refreshing and delightful recipes make this a must have for any cook -whether professional or a beginner, just so out of the ordinary instead of the mundane recipe books that are out there.
on 13 May 2013
Having had the pleasure of working with chef Jane Coxwell, I am very excited to receive her first book. Giving the book a five star rating without having seen it first is something I am completely comfortable doing, because I know what Janes food is all about and I know the recipes will all be full of her passion and spirit. I know, i will be using this book as a go to when I need help in the kitchen, and it will feel like she is there with me. Very excited.