5.0 out of 5 stars advanced style indeed
I'm a confirmed fan of Ari Seth Cohen's blog, a badly-needed antidote to contemporary fashion's obsession with extreme youth and a very limited definition of beauty. (It was not always this way - before the 1960s the great couturiers designed with the elegant older woman in mind and younger women aspired to look like her.) I have been waiting eagerly for this book and am...
Published on 25 May 2012 by Jarah

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I was excited to see this book after many snippets in the press and after enjoying the short films he's made.
I hate to say it but it is just a bit disappointing. I expected it Love it. I can't even say why apart from maybe all the best pictures I'd already seen and I'm not sure he really captures these fabulous ladies' personality that much. The photos are just a...
Published 15 months ago by K. Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Book, 2 Jun 2013
Mrs. Tina Guilar (Hove, E.Sussex. UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Advanced Style (Hardcover)
I LOVE THIS BEAUTIFUL BOOK!... If you are a 'Lady of a Certain Age' (& far beyond) with a great love of personal, individual style, this book will inspire you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 1 Jun 2013
k barns (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Advanced Style (Hardcover)
I bought this for both my sister and I - And what a find - we are both 60 this year and this book inspires!

Yep we are 60 not dead!! fantastic women with style and no worries about age

buy for the women in your life

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book full of lovely ladies., 24 May 2013
This review is from: Advanced Style (Hardcover)
I was very interested to find out more about Advanced Style when I got wind of it. Am in my late forties - heading into my fifties, and already wondering how to tweak my look for my more senior years. The beige cardi/mac combo has been so done! I don't want to look mad, nor try to look young when I am a Grandma - I just want to look Good. I currently live in a provincial spa town, but think I might have to re-locate to New York so that I can push the style boundaries. The women in this book look great - some braver than others - but all so stylish.

5.0 out of 5 stars The getting of wisdom, 2 April 2013
Helen C. Dawson (Perth, Western Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Advanced Style (Hardcover)
I bought this on my sister's recommendation. Lovely pictures of women who've been there and done that. I wish I had their style.

5.0 out of 5 stars makes me smile., 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Advanced Style (Hardcover)
Ari Seth Cohen is a remarkable young man in his mission to highlight older people. As an older person I find this book inspiring, uplifting and makes me smile on the darkest days. The downside is that it makes me want to go and live in Manhatten where I could also go and do my own thing, however eccentric.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous we can be, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Advanced Style (Hardcover)
This was a fabulous book and made me realise that you can be smart and funky and great as you get older, and the key point it made to me was not to ever give in or indeed give up with yourself, just do it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Coffee Table Book, 22 Aug 2014
Leaf (Buckinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Advanced Style (Hardcover)
There isn't much to read, but the photos are great of older ladies who have their own style. A fun present for an older friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Advanced style, 17 July 2012
This review is from: Advanced Style (Hardcover)
For the price of £20 the book was a lot smaller than I expected and as another reader already said there wasn't enough descriptive text with every photograph so you didn't know anything about most of the women in the pictures. Also obviously the women were wealthy from the style of their clothes and could maintain a certain life style that nobody else in this country could aspire to. Nevertheless it made amusing reading from the 'look at me' style of some of the more eccentric clothes that were worn - so the reader knew what to avoid if they didn't want to be laughed at in this country. What did amaze me though apart from their clothes was that women of this amazingly advanced age were still walking upright, were not in wheelchairs and looked twenty years younger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Aug 2014
This review is from: Advanced Style (Hardcover)
This book is amazing! I think is going to change the approach I had towards age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: Advanced Style (Hardcover)
Great book, packed with imagery of older women uniquely dressed! Gives hope

Advanced Style