Published 16 months ago by Audioholics Synonymous

2.0 out of 5 stars Unpractically big.
Its hard to tell from the picture, but this thing is HUGE. I planned to use it for transporting in my backpack, but it doesn't fit. Build quality and everything else seems ok.
Published 3 months ago by RFonseca

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Slappa Hardbody Headphone Case Vs. GoodCans Protective Headphone Case, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Slappa Large HardBody PRO Headphone case (Electronics)
I was using the GoodCans Protective headphone case with my Fostex T-50RP headphones. I was not totally satisfied with the protection that the soft GoodCans case offered. A recent review of this amazing headphone - Fostex T-50RP, on audiopolitan dot com, made me aware of the possibility of using the Slappa Hardbody headphone case, so I went ahead and ordered it from Amazon.

As it turns out, the Slappa Hardbody is perfectly cut out for the Fostex T-50RP, just like the audiopolitan review mentioned, and at just a third more, in cost, the Slappa Hardbody is a an extremely well made and robust case. The GoodCans case is just a grey nylon bag with a soft material inside. It's not going to protect your headphones if there is a strong impact and is not at all suitable for use with volumetrically full backpacks and handbags. At least, I was not comfortable with it and I would think it may be better with cans where the ear cups turn flat and face the same direction, even then the protection is questionable. I don't see the value in its current pricing either.

I currently use the GoodCans protective case to carry my cables and other accessories. I have loaded some pictures, on Amazon, with permission from audiopolitan dot com, for you to view and see it for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and well made, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Slappa Large HardBody PRO Headphone case (Electronics)
I bought these to protect my AKG K550s, they fit well, the zips on the case are tough and unlikely to break, and they are definitely not flimsy in the slightest. And should I ever drop it with my headphones inside, I'm confident it would protect them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unpractically big., 21 Sep 2014
This review is from: Slappa Large HardBody PRO Headphone case (Electronics)

2.0 out of 5 stars Considering its 25 pounds price, it is only OK ..., 9 Sep 2014
This review is from: Slappa Large HardBody PRO Headphone case (Electronics)
Considering its 25 pounds price, it is only OK. It comes with only a plastic bag. I thought it would come with a product box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my AKG K550s, 26 Sep 2014
This review is from: Slappa Large HardBody PRO Headphone case (Electronics)
Any owner of the AKG K550 need look no further, they fit as if the case was made for them.

They fit nicely with no excessive space, but with enough room for the cable to coil inside with no stress and there is no hint of excess pressure on the headphones when you close the case. Probably not the most beautiful of cases, but it looks practical and does the job it was designed for.

5.0 out of 5 stars not stylish, but highly functional., 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Slappa Large HardBody PRO Headphone case (Electronics)
I bought this case to put my pair of Beyerdynamic DT-770s in so I can put them in a rucksack and take them to the library when I'm studying.
This case is really god for the job. It fits the headphones well, is very solid, and has a nice soft velour inside to keep everything safe from scratches.
I give it 5 stars because it is big enough inside to get the headphones (with their sizeable coiled cable) my ipod and headphone amp all neatly and safely tucked away (although with no room for anything else, but this is good!), and I feel happy that they're not going to be damaged or crushed in my bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Slappa Large HardBody PRO Headphone case (Electronics)
Awesome product - about to go travelling and this is very spacious for my Beyer Dynamic DT-250's (advised to remove cord so it doesn't bend) but thats cool because i can pack more stuff in there :) Delivery time fantastic.

Cheers,
Foz

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Slappa Large HardBody PRO Headphone case (Electronics)
This is a large case designed as it is for outsized over-ear unhinged headphones.

It's a lightweight unit made with thin synthetic fur padding and some sort of thin leatherette and it floats. The zips are splash/rain proof. It's perfect for Beyerdynamic DT770 headphones and within the space taken up by the headband, there is room for cables, mobile phone/mp3 player or a Fiio DAC.

In my view, this case would absorb the shock of someone lying down on it but I doubt that the case or the phones inside would survive someone sitting down it or standing on it. There are cases on the market that can absorb such loads but they weight a kilo or more.

Given it's light weight, minimal bulk (abeit for out-sized phones), it's perfect for travelling. It's also ideal for whatever quality large h'phones that you might buy at some stage in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, feels safe, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Slappa Large HardBody PRO Headphone case (Electronics)
I wanted a semi solid case that wasn't any more bulky than it needed to be. this fit the bill perfectly... no issues and it looks nice as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy and sturdy but HUGE!, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Slappa Large HardBody PRO Headphone case (Electronics)
I bought these to fit in my Shure SRH4 headphones (including cable) and they are so spacious that the headphones shift around inside them. I also have a pair of Fostex T50RP and SoundMagic HP100 and they all fit in perfectly. In the case of the HP100s, there enough room to spare to also put in my DAC and headphone AMP as well.

Also the case is really sturdy, I mean I keep it in my bag most days and I do seriously through my bag around. recently I stumbled and fell backwards onto my backpack. I can tell you my back nearly broke in two as the headphone case was like falling on a rock. Truly awesome, I am considering getting a second or maybe even a third.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›