on 28 October 2014
Rather odd to find this release on Amazon as from the track listing this it not the Original Soundtrack Recording but an illegal copy of my re-recording of the complete score for my record label Tadlow Music made a few years ago....

on 29 December 2013
An excellent CD release of the 1960s Philips/CBS original soundtrack album. Just one gripe; and I've had it since the LP. Why did they separate the music after the opening narration? In the film, when James Robertson Justice had finished speaking there was a drum beat into the main title - on the album this was put on a later track. This has been repeated on the more recent expanded CD, which I also bought. A minor detail I know, but the opening in the film's main titles was quite impressive. On these recordings, a bit of a damp squib.

Don't be put of though. If you want to relive this exciting film from Tiomkin's music perspective it comes highly recommended.
on 4 October 2013
I remember buying the LP back in the 1960s and played it constantly. At that time I came to admire his music and my love was enhanced after hearing the scores for the Alamo, Fall of the Roman Empire and Giant. One of Hollywood's great composers!
on 11 April 2016
Great to hear the original soundtrack to one of my all time favourite films. Not sure about a couple of tracks with the singing in English, I guess these must be from the USA version of the film?.
on 5 April 2014
One additional note that this appears to be CD-R media. There is actual studio noise noticeable in track 11, which we likely don't hear when the film is playing.
on 3 August 2015