5.0 out of 5 stars Ankermann PC "Wildcat Gamer"
Hi, this is my first computer purchased on amazon ordered it on Thursday and it arrived Tuesday lunch time ..super fast delivery well pleased :)

Very happy with the computer unpacked it and plugged it in and no hassle start up as I registered window's 7 and then the fun part of setting up all the program's I need for my games hehe.

The spec on the...
Published 18 months ago by buyer

1.0 out of 5 stars Furious!
Published 11 months ago by Jack Fletcher

1.0 out of 5 stars Furious!, 25 Feb. 2014
Absolutely furious, I looked around spent days choosing the PC I really wanted weighing up pros and cons. I must warn you I'm not a computer expert but I know a little. I picked Ankerman for their fantastic reviews. However there description is incredibly misleading. The PC I bought with the above title arrived quickly when I opened the PC it had all the specs that was mentioned in the description.

Luckily I decided to read the Graphics Card specs to find that in order to run this you MUST have 550watts of power. This computer as mentioned in the description at the time comes with 350watts of power. I sent an email to Ankerman saying that I wasn't happy that they had sold me a (let's be honest) faulty PC and that by turning on the PC underpowered could very easily fry all the components.

They replied with the repeating answer. "It says in the description that you get a 350watt psu"

So I am now having to purchase a new £72 psu to cover this.

So I will warn you as Ankerman clearly won't. Make sure that if you are buying this model either don't, or be prepared to put a new psu in to make up the 200watts this PC lacks in order to actually function the way it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ankermann PC "Wildcat Gamer", 17 July 2013

The spec on the computer is fine for me I am not one to meddle with the innards of the system @ 61 years of age I leave that to the more IT skilled.

All in all very pleased with the build quality and service provided by Ankermann

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good., 11 Aug. 2013
ANKERMANN PC "Wildcat GAMER" "IVY i7 3770 (4x3, 40GHz) | Windows 7x64 bit Professional | NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 2048MB | 16GB DDR3 PC1600 | 2,0 TB HDD SATA3

Windows inbuild test results:-
Control panel -> performance info & tools,
Results,
Processor 7.7
Memory (ram) 7.8
Desktop graphics 7.9
Gaming graphics 7.9
Primary Hard drive 5.9 (put in a SSD and you will get 7.9
All the results are from 1.0 to 7.9.
1 = bad, 7.9 = top notch.

So all in all i am very pleased, Thank you Ankermann. ordered friday PM, arrived thursday PM.
* * * * *

5.0 out of 5 stars More than pleased!, 9 Oct. 2013
P. Thompson - See all my reviews
Arrived amazingly quickly via courier service from Germany. Very securely packaged along with all installation discs for OS, Motherboard, Graphics Card, etc so no worries there should trouble arrive. Also fitted with Samsung SSD and Asus PCI-e I ordered separately and again original installation discs packed. A beautiful high-spec rocket ship of a computer which is intelligently put together with all the cable runs inside neatly routed to allow easy access for removal or addition of any other upgrades or hardware I should wish to fit myself. Ankermann's follow-up and customer service is as good as I've come across online up-to-date and I'd thoroughly recommend them as a technically able and professional organisation to deal with. Don't let their location on the other side of Europe worry you. They're fast, considerate, technically smart and well worth considering for anything PC wise.

1.0 out of 5 stars PC problems, 18 Jan. 2014
When the PC arrived, it was fine, I installed a OS onto it, it was going great, a few days after I was noticing some unstablility and crashes / freezes, I thought it was the overclocking, so I removed it from the PC, but then it kept crashing ect just not as much, the CPU ran super hot with the OC, and still did without it, due to the heatsink I suppose, but then it began crashing over and over once again after opening anything, I googled a bit and found out it could be due to faulty RAM, so I am ordering some Corsair RAM, due to the fact the RAM that was found inside of the PC was totally unbranded and I had no clue what kind of RAM it was until I ran a speccy.

It can run pretty much any game but, with the crashes it is impossible, hopefully the new RAM will make it more stable less crashes, a tip would be bump the price of more, I think people would rather pay more for a working machine than one that lasts a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fressh air, 10 Feb. 2014
A. J. Lee (Hampshire. UK) - See all my reviews
Having been stuck with 2Gb ram and Windows XP pro for some years now, knowing i should upgrade but unable to justify the cost, I finally took the plunge and ordered one of these.

I have noted that some reviews here are for totally different models, which is frankly confusing, despite the headline stating what they actually bought, anyway, to make it clear I bought the "Ankermann-PC.WildCAT GAMER., Intel Core i7-4770K 4x 3.50GHz, GeForce GTX 660 OC 2GB, Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit, 2TB Toshiba HDD, 16 GB RAM, 22x DVD-RW Writer, Card Reader"

Now that is cleared up, I shall continue

1) the CPU cooler is totally inadequate, which i knew before ordering, as most are, unless you specify you want them upgraded, so I also purchased a Corsair H80i liquid cooler. a tight fit, but it's keeping the CPU under 40 degrees even at full load, for extended periods.. However on installing it, I discovered, there were no empty USB headers on the mother board, so I ordered a "NZXT Internal USB Expansion" which should solve that problem.. meanwhile, the USB 75-1 card reader, is disconnected

2) The power supply, at least to my mind, is a little inadequate at 350W. So I intend to replace that soon, with something a little more up to the job. possibly a 650W or maybe a 750W

That said, for the money, this is a very well built piece of kit. I noticed one reviewer state that the RAM was unbranded. which was not true in my case "Corsair Ballistic sport" 2 x 8gb. not top notch though, so I ordered new and went for Kingston and 32Gb.. wil give the 16Gb to my brother (early birthday present) haha

So would I recommend this particular setup, sure I would. It's well built, have had no problems with it, and it's been on 24/7 since I got it and for the money, I thin kit is good value.. sure it's PSU is a little weak and the CPU cooler should definitely be replaced. but on the whole a great piece of kit..

I was going to give it 4.5 stars. but then the only gripes I have are very minor ones, so 5 it is

5.0 out of 5 stars Great system for the Price!, 7 Oct. 2013
Love this system, it's just a shame that you can't customise it more on Amazon. The range of additions you can add to your basket for the company to install in your system is nowhere near what you can do on the company's own website! the option to increase the RAM and install an SSD would have made this perfect!

Not having bought from Ankermann before, just wanted the security of ordering through Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, SUPPLIED A DELL COPY OF WINDOWS WHICH IS ILLEGAL., 6 Sept. 2013
DO NOT BUY, SUPPLIED A DELL COPY OF WINDOWS WHICH IS ILLEGAL.

I had this computer for a year, but it has now broke so I took it to the computer shop near me as Ankermann failed to reply to our tickets on their website. The computer expert we took it too told us that the copy of windows wasn't compatible with the computer, as it didn't have any Dell parts in the PC. It's also illegal to sell Dell windows when the computer isn't Dell. We told Ankermann about this through the amazon contacter, they replied in these words "pls can you reinstall Windows new on this Computer by yourself - pls note: Software is not under Warranty" They sold us a PC, that needs a windows reinstall, but we cannot reinstall windows due to being sold the wrong disc for windows. This means I have to pay another £80+ on a new copy of windows. They also lied saying the replied to my ticket, because I wasn't contacted.

Not only is the illegal, but they act like they don't care. Hardly customer support.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely happy with the excellent product and service, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Ankermann-PC WildCAT GAMER - AMD A10-6800K Black Edition 4x 4.10GHz Turbo: 4.40GHz - Inno3D GeForce GTX 970 HerculeZ X2 4GB - 16 GB DDR3 RAM - Kingston SSDNow 120GB - 2000 GB Hard Drive - DVD-Writer - Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit - EAN 4260219658393 (Personal Computers)
After a long time spent reviewing different PC systems on Amazon and elsewhere I finally went for this option as the best for my needs and budget. The PC arrived extremely quickly and was very well packaged, and the build quality is excellent. My previous was a Dell, which was pretty well put together, but this beats it. I went for the SuperSilent modification ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006VGWBCC ) which I strongly recommend if you have that little extra budget - after 20 years of PC use I was truly amazed by how quiet this one is. As a video editor and occasional game player my priority improving the speed of my video work, and I'm really happy at how much time this computer has already saved me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Oct. 2013
It does what it says and so far has not missed a beat. I am pleased and you will be as well.