5.0 out of 5 stars Another spanking good read
Published 14 months ago by Kindle addict

3.0 out of 5 stars quick short story
This story was ok - an enjoyable quick read. not by the standards of fifty shades or bared to you but still a decent free read.
Published 10 months ago by me

3.0 out of 5 stars quick short story, 14 Sep 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars poor, 17 Feb 2014
Amazon Customer (Gainsborough, Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: His House of Submission (Kindle Edition)
Sorry but I thought this book was pretty naff, not much of a storyline, characters had no real depth and I didn't have any emotional attachment to any of them. Thankfully a short read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another spanking good read, 22 May 2013
This review is from: His House of Submission (Kindle Edition)
This is my third Justine Elyot book - and I read this from start to finish in one go. I loved the realistic depiction of film mogul, Jasper and his archivist Sarah, who he leads on a journey of sexual submission. There were lots of creative BDSM scenes and as usual, the writing was so engaging, I really believed in their world. Unlike many books in this genre, the book had a fun, witty and tender edge. I may have to get every single one of her books now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great new-ish novella from Elyot, 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: His House of Submission (Kindle Edition)
On first glance, His House of Submission may seem a bit 50 Shades of Grey-ish. It's got the wealthy, succesfull dom and the newbie submissive being introduced into the world of submission. Fortunately, that's as far as comparisons go. His House of Submission sees Sarah, an art curator (I think), employed by Jasper Jay, a movie director and writer with a large collection of art. She doesn't know this, but his collection extends from the more mundane world of art into antique erotica. At the beginning of the book, Sarah's taken a lover in the groundsman of Jasper Jay's estate, Will, but she's none to satisfied. It's as if there is an edge lacking in their sex life but she's not quite sure what it is. Subsequently, variations on the theme of breaking and entering occur and after Will shows her Jasper's more intimate collection, Sarah finds herself at the will of Jasper Jay with Will out of the question.

What follows is for Sarah an introduction into the world of kink, which is delightful to read. Justine Elyot excels in coming up with the most creative of fantasies, for the couple to play out. As the book plays out over a summer where the two have very little to do with the rest of the world, we see the two create their own world which, although heavily focused on submission, dominance and kink, is also realistic.

All summers must come to an end, though, and as I read the book I felt a growing sense of dread at what I felt was coming. Since Jasper Jay is a famous person with a penchant for kink, it didn't take me long to think tabloids. Well, the book surprised me, and I think it would anyone who read it. Ultimately, its biggest strenght is the writing of Sarah and Jasper. They manage to have their summer far away from the world, but when it comes down to acknowledge the fact that the real world still exists in the fall, they seem to make that work too. Oh, and there's even a 50 Shades of Grey joke in the book! All in all, definitely worth the read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 18 July 2014
This review is from: His House of Submission (Kindle Edition)
it was readable but all these books are the same read one you know what happens in them all

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for killing time, 20 May 2013
K. Y. Y. Choi "chooo" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: His House of Submission (Kindle Edition)
The first few chapters of the book were amazing and quite tittilating. But then it goes a bit weird. It was ok to kill time but it did nt make me want so tempted to read more of the same author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 17 April 2013
This review is from: His House of Submission (Kindle Edition)
A very good erotic book. The scenes nearly all include punishment of some sort so if you aren't fond of this then I wouldn't recommend it.
A good story that made sense and was a little more realistic than some I've read.
All in all, if you are a fan of reading bdsm books, I would recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: His House of Submission (Kindle Edition)
An enjoyable book to read good storyline and a good ending do recommend it as a very pleasant book good work

5.0 out of 5 stars His house of submission, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: His House of Submission (Kindle Edition)
An excellent bdsm story line the characters seemed so real it's like your in the book with them . Brilliant

4.0 out of 5 stars a spanking new novella from Justine :), 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: His House of Submission (Kindle Edition)
I've said it before, but Justine does that nervous-exited, induction-into-spanking-life better than anyone. I love the wonderful elation and tension of this book as Sarah takes the first steps into a sex life she's long dreamed about. The opening stream of consciousness self-sex-talk is something that's so familiar to me it's almost alarming to see it put down in words.

Ok, I'm going to confess I could have done without the plot, which didn't quite convince me - mostly because I would have been perfectly happy to read about the two characters and their dalliances indefinitely, without any intrusions from the outside world. It's a short story, and the action is fairly fast driven - it fits a lot in, perhaps more than it needs to.

But overall, this novella has really hot sex scenes, riveting tension, a feisty heroine who ultimately saves her own day quite nicely, AND stays in control of her developing relationship in an admirable way.

It's a lovely little book, and I would love to read more of it - so I do hope there is a sequel. I think this book will make you want to read more and more Justine, as do all her others.

His House of Submission