5.0 out of 5 stars The secret life of a submissive
Really good. 4-5. Stars. Good insight into the sub side of d/s but enough of the detail to add sauce.
Published on 13 Mar. 2013 by Tim Iredale

1.0 out of 5 stars What a secret life!
I didn't really like the book could not get into the story and would not really recommend it to anyone.
Published on 4 May 2013 by Helen Nixon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The secret life of a submissive, 13 Mar. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read after 50 shades, 10 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Secret Life of a Submissive (Kindle Edition)
Bounced along at a great pace; a good read. It finished far too quickly for my liking; would like another instalment please!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 7 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Secret Life of a Submissive (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant cried like a baby at the end , she took the steps that most of us think about and never react , praise for her

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!!!, 9 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Secret Life of a Submissive (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put it down. I laughed out loud many times through this book and it even brought a tear to my eye. Loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars a rollicking romp, 15 May 2013
This is a book to read in one go , to take up an evening with a few glasses of wine and some chocolate . It will not change your life but it will entertain you for one night . Sarah writes erotic romantic fiction and after the break down of her long borring mariage she decides to explore her secret fantasy of being a submissive . She then turns to the internet and finds the dashing and hansome and dominant Max . Okay I didnt really take to Max , he seemed too romantic hero that I doubted he had actually existed as such a male ? But this isnt to say that Sarah K didnt write a fun sexy memoirs which romps along . Its not as strong as Nichis Bound to you [ which is still my favourite ] and maybe I would have liked more of the internet failours as these were funny and I sensed Sarah wrote more honestly when she discussed the bad encounters [ her style is very light and womens mag and I think also appeal to the Butcher Baker erotic reader more than the hardcore sub dom crowd ]. It was also refreshing to read a more mature womans take on the scene rather than a naive young girls . Maybe I would have liked a little more emotional intensity ; she said that she cried/ loved but I didnt really feel this . Also I realised at the end that although I knew many times what sarah wore or should I say didnt , there wasnt alot of actual physical descriptions , but I guess this is were a memoirs rather than a fictional picture . is more creatively limited.

5.0 out of 5 stars Raw and real, 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Secret Life of a Submissive (Kindle Edition)
One of the best, if not the best BDSM relationship story I've read so far. Sarah K is a forty-plus woman who decides to enter the real life world of Dom-Subs after splitting up with her boring husband. She finally meets Max, a charismatic and seriously kinky Dom, who gradually leads her deeper into the fetish scene - but who has secrets of his own. Scenes made me wince but seem wholly realistic. The ending was not exactly happy, but as other reviewers have said, it was hopeful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book..., 17 Mar. 2013
in total I was pleased with it, found it very catching and intense. I was very upset in the end. VERY... It was well written and I felt her pain - the real pain, when her heart broke. It was very unexpected.
I didnt like at all the part when they visit the friends party. I wanted to finish the book there... But thats her story, not a fiction so I kept reading and Im glad I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Dec. 2012
Sarah is a 44 year old writer, a mum to three grown up children and in an unhappy marriage to a guy 15 years older. The story starts with Sarah changing direction with her writing and entering the world of Erotic fiction. With an unsatisfying sex life consisting of a fumble under the duvet in the dark once a week Sarah relies on her friends to feed her sexual imagination for her writing. Five years and 12 erotic books later Sarah and her husband finally divorce leaving Sarah free to live out her BDSM fantasies. Sarah joins an online BDSM dating web site and eventually meets Max who helps Sarah discover her submissive side.

I'm surprised at the time of writing this review that this book isn't more well-known because it is really good. The tone of the book and Sarah's voice is superb. Told in the first person I could really connect with Sarah and live her highs and lows. In her forties it was nice to read about a woman who doesn't make rash and silly decisions or play games but who is level headed and mature. I enjoyed joining Sarah on her journey into the BDSM world from her first encounter and through her training with the delicious suit wearing alpha male Dominant Max.

As you would expect from a book like this there are lots of explicit BDSM sex scenes. They are very well written and Sarah gives great commentary on her feelings throughout. Just when you are wondering why she would put herself through such torturous situations Sarah explains how much she is enjoying it but if she wasn't she could walk away at any time.

I really liked this book and highly recommend it to those who like this sort of story. It is set in England so some people may have not quite understand the English slang but I wouldn't let this put you off. I also want to mention the cover as I think it is gorgeous. The Secret Life of a Submissive is sexy, witty, emotional and a fantastic read and I am going to give it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Secret Life of a Submissive (Kindle Edition)
Would recommend this book to anyone who is curious or has experienced BDSM themselves. It is written in an honest way without making the authors experiences unbelievable but also contains some pieces of advice every newbie should consider. The book brought back thoughts and memories that many submissive will enjoy revisiting. Well worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!!, 22 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Secret Life of a Submissive (Kindle Edition)
What a great read - towards the end I had to forgo everything else & keep reading to see what happened, which being real life - was real life, I won't spoil the end but you will see what I mean.

Highly amused to see a bear feature in the play party - there is 'always' a bear! LOL

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›