Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.32

on 14 October 2012
This is an ideal book for learners of French who want to test their knowledge. It is certainly beyond beginners but students at an intermediate level and above would find it accessible.

Expats living in France and picking up language `on the hoof' would also find it very helpful as there are many real life, practical phrases for a range of situations such as directions, medical and property purchase or rental.

Of course, French is quite a quirky language but there are useful sections on grammar including prepositions, pronouns and tenses.

With 1001 questions, all in a four option, multiple choice format, it provides a thoroughly comprehensive test workout to measure and improve your French. There is just one thing to say about it - très bon!
on 10 September 2013
I am a French Language teacher and one of my students showed this product to me. There are quite a few glaring mistakes in the content and things that are just not said in natural French. For example, question 10 asks how you would say "He left at 3 o' clock. The suggested answer is "Il a quitté à 3 heures. The verb quitter needs a direct object and without one it is nonsensical. Il est parti à 3 heures would be the correct answer but is not given as an option. My husband and I giggled at question 109 Tu es arrivé à poil (you arrived naked!) I think the expression should be pile-poil to say at the right moment. I am not sure who proof read this publication but check with a French native speaker before using these expressions. The idea, however, is excellent.
on 17 July 2013
Very good book, would prefer the answers to be closer to the questions, as to get
To them you have to know they start on page 4555! Easy to look up in a paper book,
difficult on a kindle which is what I have. Challenges what you thought you knew!
on 10 April 2015
Excellent book to develop expressions and idioms. Test yourself on a wide range of subjects and get the answers, then learn. Not for the absolute beginner but could still be useful, start as you mean to go on with learning a language as spoken in everyday usage. For the more academic, a reminder of the correct selection and grammatical use of verbs can be identified.
on 12 April 2015
This is a very useful grammar for a beginner like me (although I have experience of several other languages including German and Spanish). It has about as much grammar as you are probably ever going to need explained very clearly. A bargain at this low price.
on 13 October 2012
I have just dipped into this book and and am really enjoying it. As a speaker of French, this is great revision to perfect my language skills whilst being sufficiently challenging to get me thinking! The only downside is that I would like it in hard copy!
on 18 March 2013
This book is like a quiz and tests me i like that and also the fact that the levels of quetions vary in difficulty and are helping me learn more advanced French language
on 2 May 2015
It is a good to read alongside going to french lessons and gives me a sense of achievement especially when i doubt if i'm making progress.
on 6 March 2014
Brilliant way of testing your knowledge and learning more. A good resource for when you are on the go and have no time for hours of study.
on 21 August 2013
I have been a mature French student for a number of years, this was just what I needed. As a Kindle publication it is so very useful..