5.0 out of 5 stars A handy reference book that's easy to understand.
Published on 4 Dec. 2012 by Albert Moore

2.0 out of 5 stars Let down by major omissions
I am very disappointed by this book. My purchase decision was influenced by the branding ".... for Dummies" series that I have read with pleasure, and used successfully in the past. With this particular book I think the publisher John Wiley & Sons must think their customers really are dummies.

The Nexus 7 is my first tablet and I wanted to learn how to use a...
Published on 31 Dec. 2012 by S. Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars A handy reference book that's easy to understand., 4 Dec. 2012
Albert Moore "Pony M." (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
I'm totally new to the use of tablets and this book is so easy to follow. No jargon, no assumptions that you are a computer geek. Just good plain English with a few wise cracks thrown in for good measure. I'm in my mid 70s and new things have to be explained, this book does just that. You don't have to read it from front to back like a novel, just go to the bit that you need information on. Each chapter is 'stand alone'. I highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Let down by major omissions, 31 Dec. 2012
S. Richards (Norfolk UK) - See all my reviews

The Nexus 7 is my first tablet and I wanted to learn how to use a number of (to me) essential functions:

(i) Basic concepts - how the thing works, how to use apps, how to use it as a communicator, how to use it as a personal organiser, how to surf etc. It does all that stuff quite well. Generally I was happy with the book so far.

Concerning my other main functionality requirements, these revolve around integrating my Nexus with my PC. Now although the writer says (pg. 3) "I assume you have a computer (i.e. to use in conjunction with your Nexus 7)" he fails to make any constructive use of that in the next 270 pages.

(ii) How to use it to play my music. This section is dreadful. It actually says (pg. 143) "Can I copy music from my PC to the Nexus 7?" .... "I suggest that you not even try.". That is potentially disastrous for me. Only by googling did I find that that answer is "yes, it is easy, you can upload your itunes library, and the programme you use is called Google Music Manager." This service was launched in the USA in Nov. 2011 and the UK in Nov 2012. Now this book has a copyright date of 2013 - wouldn't you expect it to be up to date?

(iii) How to use it to view and to edit documents, particularly those that come as email attachments - not one single word on this in the entire book.

(iv) How to integrate and to synch to Microsoft Outlook contacts and calendar. Not a single word about this either.

Generally a poorly thought-through book that rests on the laurels of the well-proven 'Dummies' brand in terms of language and design. I want my money back!

2.0 out of 5 stars Seen Better, 26 Jan. 2013
This is definitely not the best primer I have seen for somebody with a new experience of a tablet computer. I am very much afraid that authors on all subjects have now taken to using the "Dummies" label without caring too much about what level their book is purporting to address and this is one of them. If you are facing a Nexus 7 for the first time I would not recommend this as first line support!

3.0 out of 5 stars I am less of a Dummy now I have this book, 18 Feb. 2013
There was no instructions with the gadget you had to download it. I downloaded it to my kindle so I could read and operate the nexus at the same time, but the photographs were to small and smudged ant the writing too technical. I therefore found the dumies book online and ordered a paper copy to be delivered by post. It was much clearer to follow than the oficial one.

5.0 out of 5 stars NEXUS 7., 21 Mar. 2013
For more years than I remember I have always relied upon the Dummies series of books to make it easier for me to get the best from new technologies,

5.0 out of 5 stars Nexus how to book, 5 Jan. 2013
Just what I needed to set the nexus up for my son to use. It's funny and easy to read and understand. Getting one for the Kindle Fire for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars CLEAR AND EASY TO USE, 17 July 2013
HAVE USED THESE GUIDES BEFORE AND FIND THEM VERY EASY TO FOLLOW . IT COVERS ALL THE AREAS WHICH WERE NOT SO CLEAR FROM THE INCLUDED ONLINE GUIDE. GOOD PRICE FOR A VERY GOOD BOOK.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dummies????, 23 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Nexus 7 For Dummies (Google Tablet) (Kindle Edition)
Not much help. Not very easy to navigate through the pages.Found it much easier to navigate on the Nexus 7 than this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, 9 Feb. 2013
Don't be put off by the dummies tag. Its great for finding your way around your Nexus 7 even though you may know your way around a computer, gives lots of tips and tricks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book for brilliant tablet, 12 April 2013
A sensible approach to the most wonderful Nexus 7. I found it quite intuitive but this guide adds all the bits you might miss. A great read.

Nexus 7 For Dummies (Google Tablet)