4.0 out of 5 stars Scottish Salsa Exuberance
Yet another album full of fun from the Salsa boys. A lovely mix of the pacy and the peaceful. I always wish I had a dancing partner when I am unable simply to sit and listen to this eclectic mix of Scottish and Salsa rhythms and instruments. Sympathetic fiddle from new boy Kenny Fraser. A great follow-up to the first two albums. Sgoinneil! Magico!
Published on 21 May 2003 by Kate

3.0 out of 5 stars Trying Too Hard
All the way through this all I could think of was a bunch of blokes sitting around in a pub (after a few) and coming to the the conclusion:
"We're Scottish, you're South American - let's start a band!!"
Published on 31 Mar 2006

4.0 out of 5 stars Scottish Salsa Exuberance, 21 May 2003
Kate (BY KYLE, WESTER ROSS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars VIVA SALSA CELTICA !, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: El Agua de la Vida (Audio CD)
These guys are brilliant. Wish they'd come and play at our party. Not one track we don't like and the cockrel at the end says it all. Lise and Udo Reppin

5.0 out of 5 stars Just can't stop dancing, this album is brilliant!!!!, 31 Oct 2007
P. Pender "Peeweep" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: El Agua de la Vida (Audio CD)
I just love this album, from start to finish its brilliant. Perhaps I'm biased though... I have a (background in and) love for Scottish music and have always enjoyed the sensuality of Latin music. These guys have blended my two favourite genres of music brilliantly....I haven't been able to stop myself from dancing whenever I hear the first few bars of Cumbia Celtica.

3.0 out of 5 stars Trying Too Hard, 31 Mar 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: El Agua de la Vida (Audio CD)
"We're Scottish, you're South American - let's start a band!!"
The result is a shoe-horning of two different musical genres with mixed results. Where Afro-Celt Soundsystem and Shooglenifty seem to blend their influences seemlessly this comes over as very clumsy.
However, when the Latin element of the band are left to their own devices there are some great moments.

El Agua de la Vida