5.0 out of 5 stars good design, amazing camera
I have had mine for a month now and having switched from an iPhone 4S, I must say I didn't realise how much I was missing out on!!!
The screen is gorgeous on this phone and a lot bigger. The camera is really good too.
I love the fact that you can expand the already reasonable 16gb memory with a relatively cheap SD card.

and the apps are almost all...
Published on 11 Dec. 2012 by Helen

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but has a few issues
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:24 Mins
A lot of the reviewers love this handset, and I agree with what most people say in terms of the positives, but to balance it I'd like to highlight a few things that I've found rather annoying.

Overall this is a great handset, however the first thing to do is turn off the auto brightness. When I first looked at the screen I thought it...
Published 17 months ago by Reviewify.co.uk

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 10 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Sony Xperia T James Bond UK Sim Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
Xperia T is a great phone for anyone, the camera is the best I have seen on any mobile phone and has more settings and better results than my old digital camera. The screen is really bright and vibrant which is shown off best when watching films. I use music a lot on the move and I found that the Walkman app is a great little tool, it lets me adjust the sound like I would at home on my hifi.
Overall a great phone, I would defo recommend it (and already have)

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything is amazing - except the battery, 19 May 2014
I've had my phone 7 months now. It was an amazing upgrade from a Blackberry 8900 and also a step up from my sister's iPhone 4s.

The screen is beautiful! Even on the lowest brightness it's still vibrant and easy to see (indoors. I change it to brighter when I'm outdoors taking photos). Once you take photos on this phone, you'll begin realising that everything looks better on the Xperia T.

The battery is mediocre, unfortunately, when compared to its competitors (and my sister's iPhone). Data transmissions drain the battery faster so I keep the phone on stamina mode which turns data off when the screen turns off. But it all depends what you use your phone for. I play games like Candy Crush, take photos and upload to Facebook or send via whatsapp, stream videos on YouTube, or read books in the Kindle app. Some things can be more draining than others. I tend to charge my phone once a day with normal use like the things mentioned here. But if I'm good and don't play too much on my phone I can get away with 1.5 or 2 days.

I think the one unforgivable feature that's been left out is that the alarm feature only works when the phone is on. The luxury of having phones which turned on when the alarm goes off has left me really missing that minor feature.

But I love my phone. I even tell it every so often so that it knows I don't take it for granted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality/price ratio, 4 Dec. 2013
Great quality, considering its price. Fast and smooth, wi-fi is absolutely fine and works perfectly. Battery life is quite disappointing but this is a common problem for all smartphones. Battery doctor and disabling mobile data when reaching your wi-fi at home or work will help you save loads.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this phone., 1 Oct. 2013
It's really easy to set up and use. Reception during calls is much better than my old htc desire hd. The camera is good, however I wish you could stop the flash count down when using the self timer. The jelly bean update was so simple. Internet browsing is fast. Screen is clear and quite good even in strong sunlight. All in all I just love it. Oh, just one negative: the supplied headphones were a poor fit and would often cause sound to come out of phone instead of headphones. Used a normal set from mp 3 player with no problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!!, 24 Sept. 2013
As so far done everything I have required of it slightly concerned by none replaceable built in battery but only time will tell as to whether that is going to be a problem!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent mid-range phone, 18 Aug. 2013
N.E.R.O. (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I choose to buy this phone after my trusty HTC One S has died, so I belive I have a good base for comparison here.

The phone itself looks great, I personally like the unibody housings. I prefer metal over plastic, but Sony did a very good job with this device. It feels sturdy and stong. Can't hear any cracking or whining noise when squeezed it strong.

The display is beautiful, has vibrant, intense colors, 326 ppi (same as iPhone 4/5) on a 4,6", HD (1280*720) screen, even though it's "just" a TFT, not IPS. The viewing angles a good, only seen some discolorisation when looking at it in quite akward angles.

The performance is more than enough for every day use. It has "only" a dual core CPU (Qualcomm MSM8260A Snapdragon,"Krait" 1,5Ghz) , but it is a fast one. You won't see any lags or wait for it. The CPU is paired with an Adreno 225 GPU, which is powerfull one. Plays even the most grapically intense games like GTA, Asphalt 7, Assasin Creed smootly.

The 1850mAh battery is also stong enough to easily keep the phone on for one, one and a half day. Or even for two, with light usage and power magagement on.

Can be used on/with any network except LTE, but since it has very little coverage I wouldn't say its a downside.
All the latest wireless technology included as well, Bluetooth 3.1 with A2DP, WiFi a/b/g/n, DLNA, and NFC is a nice addition too.
The USB is MHL compatible and the software can handle OTG.

The main camera is a 13 Megapixel one, with flash. Makes decent pictures for a phone. There are plenty of settings to fiddle with.
Capable of recording FullHD movies and the playback too, isn't a problem.

Some people mentioned the badly placed on/off button which I agree, but not with the camera button. For which we should be happy that we got a dedicated two phase button.
It is there, because when you're shooting photos, THEN its in a perfect position.

I would say it is a good handset for it's price. After the Jelly Bean update even the minor issues which have been mentioned in previous reviews have disappeared.

My only problem was, that Amazon, for some reason, put the James Bond name into the description, so I assumed it's the James Bond Edition. Sadly it is not, so now I'm missing the extras, like the theme and the NFC smart tags.
Which are easy to get hold on, but still, it's quite misleading.

Overall, I'd recommend this smartphone to anyone who is interested in it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, need superman eye sight to see the notification LED, 20 Feb. 2013
Brilliant phone, its such a shame the notification LED is about the size of a pin, can barely see it even in a dark room, come from iPhone 4s , the phone feels cheap and plastic against iphone but in my opinion, the Xperia is a better buy and the screen is not up to any Retina branded phone, but not bad, would give 5 stars if the LED could be seen

3.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing battery life., 8 Jun. 2013
I bought this phone new from Amazon and it arrived very quickly. Coming from a Nexus 4 I was pleased to see this phone did not feature a glass back and used a traditional plastic design.

The phone comes with the usual pre-installed rubbish (facebook, etc) but a lot of it can be uninstalled.

The phone itself is fast, it runs Android 4.1.2 and is overall nice..... until you get to the battery life.

Generally when I am at work, the phone is left on with data running and isn't used for the 7/8 hours at work.

With my old Nexus 4, I would finish work, get to my phone and find the battery was probably about 20% drained, not too shabby.

With the Xperia T? Nearly 70%!

My immediate thoughts where it was a fault with the phone, but after asking on the sonymobile forums, it seems that the dismal battery life is extremely common and the only answer I received from Sony was to "Reinstall the software", however this made no difference.

I have returned the phone and will look towards a different company for the next one, be warned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Xperia T, 20 April 2013
Excellent phone, some people may find it a little bit to big.
I have been using this for about 2 weeks now, no problems, voice quality when making phone calls excellent, connects to internet quickly, pages are fast to load, texting is simple, on screen qwerty keyboard large enough for fat fingers, screen quality excellent indoors, sometimes hard to see in sunlight, battery life great (i am getting 2 days out of 1 charge for my use, 24hrs for heavy use), camera is 13MP, so good quality pictures, did find when i first used camera, that when i zoomed into something, picture was very pix-elated and quality was rubbish, for some reason the setting were set for 1MP as default, set it to 13MP and now the quality is good even when zooming. My 7 year loves playing games on it and all games so far there have been no problems with screen quality or lagging.
I have played with my wife's iphone, and i personally believe this is just as good, if not slightly better, fantastic phone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely awesome, apart from the Sony apps., 10 April 2013
Sj Hearne - See all my reviews
I've been using Android phones since the G1 and I love the OS. I'm also a big guy and enjoy a phone with a large screen.
I received the Xperia T as a replacement from the insurance company and have to admit I wasn't expecting much, I tend do think of Sony products as over-priced and over-styled.
The Xperia T, however, is a great Android machine.

Screen:
The screen is beautiful and may even be better than the iPhone5 "retina". I have found that I have to press a bit harder than normal when pressing buttons, especially the send button in the Sony branded messaging app.

Hardware:
As you will see on any of a hundred online reviews, the Xperia T has a dual core 1.5GHz processor. This means that it seems to be of a lower specification than other, quad core, android phones on the market. The truth is that the performance of the Xperia T is the best I've ever seen on an Android device and comes close to the fluidity of an iPhone (remember that Apple's software is designed specifically for their hardware).

Software:
Of course you can use the Google Play store to get your fill of applications. The issue here is that Sony have pre-loaded the Xperia T with junk, they have attempted to emulate the success of Google with a store, calendar and email which is absolutely unnecessary for me and adds bloat to the device.

Design:
The first comment you will hear from anyone about the design of the Xperia T (including me) is that the buttons are in the wrong place. The buttons have been placed to make it easier to use as a camera, held in a landscape position. This means that when holding the phone in the normal orientation, the camera, volume and power buttons rest against your hand. This means that you will often find that you've accidentally pressed a button. I understand the design decision, it's a 12MP camera-phone so they should make it easy to use the camera. Unfortunately that has come at a sacrifice of the usability of the phone, as a phone.
There is also a slight (0.2mm) gap between the screen and the bezel which collects dust and grime.
Otherwise, the phone is an absolute beauty, I'm proud to have it out in front of me on the train.

Final thoughts:
Great phone, amazing performance, great camera, stunning design. Dodgy button placement.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›