5.0 out of 5 stars good design, amazing camera
I have had mine for a month now and having switched from an iPhone 4S, I must say I didn't realise how much I was missing out on!!!
The screen is gorgeous on this phone and a lot bigger. The camera is really good too.
I love the fact that you can expand the already reasonable 16gb memory with a relatively cheap SD card.

and the apps are almost all...
Published on 11 Dec. 2012 by Helen

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but has a few issues
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:24 Mins
A lot of the reviewers love this handset, and I agree with what most people say in terms of the positives, but to balance it I'd like to highlight a few things that I've found rather annoying.

Published 17 months ago by Reviewify.co.uk

5.0 out of 5 stars good design, amazing camera, 11 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Sony Xperia T James Bond UK Sim Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)

and the apps are almost all free!
I am one happy bunny :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried Hard But Can Hardly Fault It, 7 Jun. 2013
After some painstaking research before committing to the Xperia T I first ruled out all (at-the-time) flagship phones. HTC One, Xperia Z etc. Far too expensive. I did shortlist three other phones, all very good in their own right: Samsung Galaxy S3, Google Nexus 4 and LG Optimus 4XHD. (To save space I have updated my review by deleting my comments on these because they have all been comprehensively superseded as of early 2014).

Aside from price, a major consideration for me, I would suggest choosing a phone with negatives that are least relevant to your personal requirements. After all even £500+ phones have their shortcomings don't they?! Anyway by pure chance I ended up buying my originally preferred choice when offered one in a local shop at half their retail/£100 off cheapest internet price. No-brainer. The staff were also at a total loss as to 'why the sudden massive discount' too!!

Usage:

Light to moderate being in descending order: surfing the Internet, texting accessing/managing online accounts via apps, listening to online radio, some catch-up tv, (prefer big screen/sound to do drama-sport-concerts full justice); taking a few photos/videos, more than likely many more in future given it's 13mp camera although I do not as some misguidedly do consider it to be a replacement for a good mid-to-high-end compact camera, merely a respectable always-to-hand 'point & shoot' device. Oh and I nearly forgot: I make/receive the odd phone call too! I do not download/play games or use social media or download/watch feature length films however I will be adding a good selection of music to the excellent included 'Walkman' app.

Likes:

Truly outstanding 'Bravia' screen; smart restrained styling; reasonable quality build with secure feel in hand; weight 'just right' at c.139gms; buttons on right-hand side (I know many don't like this!); ideally positioned dedicated two-stage camera button with rapid start-up; very reasonable 16GB onboard memory plus micro-SD card expandable up-to an extra 32GB; good-ish (for a mobile) sound; Sony's Android U/i is quite stunning! It's second-to-none being clean and stylish with a premium quality appearance; plays catch-up tv/YouTube smoothly; high-end (for mobiles) 13mp camera with useful 16x digital zoom the latter an often overlooked consideration? Very good 1080HD video capture; (Not fully used these 'cameras' yet); speed & smoothness of well err.. just about everything!; tv connection/dock capability; like others have said I find the (4.55"/323PPI) screen perfect; original 'Walkman' player with equalizer settings etc; face recognition a bit of a gimmick and not perfect but surprisingly handy at times. Two NFC Smart Tags, three sizes of in-ear headphone pads for included reasonable 'phones though I use 'AKG's' out of personal preference, and a quality screen protector all most surprisingly included for a flying start! It works well/better for me with 'Smart Keyboard Pro' app which I used on my previous phone and now find I prefer/cannot do without. Reassuring 'Sony Mobile Live Chat' support, but depends a bit on who you get though! 'Sony PC Companion' for your laptop with a selection of useful official tools.

Dislikes:

Non-removable battery. An cynical, widespread 'built-in obsolescence' trend. Also needlessly eliminates the option of carrying a spare if you are a heavy user. Volume/Power buttons which as said I do prefer on the right could and should be located higher. Need swapping around with sim/sd cards housing; battery life (greatly dependent on personal usage) at this initial stage appears a solid 'average'. Have done all the power saving tweaks etc. Not strictly a 'Dislike' but does carry a heavy users 'caveat'. With no gaming/social networking I am off to a head start anyway so it's not an aspect I can comment upon with any real authority particularly at this early juncture. Finally, as always these days, a few too many useless space-taking pre-installed apps that cannot be removed.

Personally I'am holding back on the Jelly Bean update. Reports of inferior over-bright cheap-looking 'white' pages (eg phonepad) so for the time being I will be patient and stay with 'ICS'. It works really well for my needs. I've only had the phone for about 4 weeks so please take this review as being my first 'initial impressions' only!

Early/Mid-2014 Update:

If 4.5* existed that's what I would award it. Half* deducted for non-removable battery. If you are a heavy user I would perhaps consider looking elsewhere. Personally it's seldom been a problem with 'standard' overnight Smartphone charging. After time for considered reflection; with it's genuinely outstanding quality/spec for your money I am like many others here very, very pleased indeed with the Xperia T. It's standout features for me are it's stunning (and much admired) screen, also Sony's beautifully stylish interface that makes most others look distinctly naive and amateurish, and its also so smooth and quick overall. How on earth do they do it with just twin-core? Whilst I'm sure the latest mega-bucks 5" screen 'Flagships' pack a mightily impressive punch the Xperia T's screen is when set against its direct competitors price/spec wise very, very high up there indeed. It's performed almost faultlessly (camera can be very hesitant/sticky when in 'extremis') and has been 100% reliable having never crashed/frozen. I've still not upgraded to Jelly Bean (4.1.1). Updates to date have been very few and far between so if you are a little 'Geekish' on this matter I guess you could easily have become pretty irate and frustrated? Given the recent HeartBleed bug that particularly effects this Android version all I would suggest is think hard before doing so or stick with 'ICS' as it works so well and wait to see if 4.3 or whatever eventually arrives. As apps are/can be easily and regularly updated nowadays I have been told this somewhat diminishes the need to always immediately upgrade to the next android version especially as some upgrades are relatively minor too. (Google voice search would be useful though!). How many times have you read 'it was a great phone until I updated to the android 'XYZ' and now its useless'? It appears updates can create as many problems as they cure?

I notice it's now received a lot more 4 & 5* reviews, and to be fair the odd few lesser rated ones too. It won't suit everyone of course and it's very good to see some sensible, objective comments from people with varying expectations or perhaps more accurately different usage patterns and requirements. Mercifully, precious few of the..'Worst phone in the world ever...nothing works...smashed it with a sledge-hammer after three days...now bought a me-me-me phone-7t or Cadbury S 2,017 Candy Bar or TLC Two(MI5) or Xperian-D-ebt (£625) and its really cool'...type that we all know and love!

So, its still going strong. Its been a reliable, efficient hassle-free pleasure to use. Moderate money well spent at the time. Many, many worse phones out there at a similar price, I paid c.£180-ish, and more expensive too. One small defect. At around 6 months of moderate usage the otherwise excellent matte coating on reverse wore away at bottom corners to reveal glossy plastic underneath. Thought it might have lasted at least a good year particularly with my moderate usage. Obtained a 'Grade A' used replacement online for £8.99. Got a nifty plastic triangular separation tool to separate the body, looked-up a How-To? on YouTube, took a deep breath and successfully replaced it! Not easy and took nerves of steel but now my phone all but looks like new again! Finally: Sony's direct support has now run-out for the 'T' and there's the arrival of the incredible game-changing Motorola Moto G in various specs that my wife's just bought an example. Almost (a below average camera) a total no-brainer with its price for spec/rapid android updates etc. So good in so many ways with virtually zero 'negatives' at all. 'Pays your money, takes your choice' and all that...

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Xperia T, 16 Nov. 2012
O Strike (UK) - See all my reviews
Having worked in a phoneshop for 2 years now, I made a pretty educated decision to buy the Xperia T and I haven't regretted it.
Currently it is Sony's flagship phone so it is going up against the likes of the Galaxy S3, HTC One X and the iPhone 5. So it has pretty tough competetion, especially as its main android competitors are quadcore, however this doesn't seem to be an issue. The dual core 1.5ghz processor seems more than capable of handling everything I have been able to throw at it so far, running games smoothly and navigating menus, pictures and apps without any issues. Any performance difference between the Xperia T and its quadcore opposition is negligible and I can say this after having regular use of S3's, One X's amongst other high end devices.
The main party trick of the Xperia T is obviously its 13mp camera, which trumps its main competition by a whopping 5mp and as Sony does like to drag in technology from their different areas (such as cameras) you do get a nice array of features. Things such as the sweep panarama shots work significantly better than the traditional "shoot, move the camera, shoot again" technique and it allows you to get smooth panaramic shots of landscapes which look stunning. The detail that the camera is able capture is astonishing. In regards to videos, it is able to capture footage at 1080p and seems to be fairly standard, good quality footage and sound. Sony have released the update to solve the initial issues with video recording.
The screen of the T is an absolutely amazing way to view all your pictures that you take. With its 720p resolution and Bravia engine, your photos look fantastic. Incredibly crisp and vibrant, you can convince yourself you are actually a brilliant photographer.. really though, its the phone. The phone comes preloaded with a few videos that demonstrate the quality of the screen and "Xperia HD Landscapes" does it the most justice. One shot shows a cliff face and the detail in which you can see really will wow you.
Battery life is hard to give a real verdict on. I have actually owned this phone for a few days now and the way that my network has messed up my sim swap, its not getting very normal use, a lot more stuff is getting done over Wi-Fi, something that drains battery quicker. Plus, it is my brand new toy so I'm hammering it nonstop. I'm thinking once everything settles down, I'm gonna be looking at the fairly standard charging it each night.

All in all, I am very impressed with my purchase! So would I rate this phone better than say.. an S3? No. The S3 is the best phone out at the moment. However, it is all about weighing up what is important to you. Though technically brilliant, the S3 doesn't do that much for me. Performance wise I wouldn't be benefitting from the extra processors, nor the slightly larger screen. The Xperia T is more suited for me as a better quality camera is a big feature for me and the power behind it is more than enough!
Better than the iPhone 5? Though harder to compare to as it is running a different OS, however I would always steer people towards the Xperia over the iPhone. The latest iPhone is very very average, it doesn't have one OUTSTANDING feature. Sure everything runs very smoothly but so do the Android equivilants now and with Android v4.1 bringing "Project Butter" to the party, the user interface will run at 60fps, meaning its runs a smooth as... butter. The Xperia T performs very well on V4.0.4, so when it gets Jelly Bean next year, it will be very nice to use indeed. Pure phone specs, the Xperia T comes out on top. Better operating system is a lot more subjective but I do not like how restrictive iOS is, so androids flexibility does it for me.

So I would call the Xperia T the thinking mans phone. Those who don't like thinking go with the iPhone 5, those who have done a bit of research go with the S3, those who have done a lot of research, weighed up their options and want a phone that will suit them may look towards the Xperia T.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now Perfect After JellyBean Update, 28 Jan. 2013
Update 7/2/13: I have edited this review to allow for the upgrading to the official Sony JellyBean firmware. The short version: This phone is now perfect! Skip to the end for the update.

I previously owned the HTC One X. As an exercise in how much power can you have in a phone, versus how much power do you NEED in a phone, I now have my answer. For my purposes, you simply don't need a quad core processor. If I pushed the One X to its limits, it simply meant it over-heated or went flat in an hour. Then it broke (read: drowned in my cat's water bowl by my 14 month old son), so I decided to leave HTC behind for the first time on Android, and look to new pastures. I wanted real-world practicality, not raw (unnecessary) horse power this time.

I didn't want to pay the premium of the current HTC or Samsung offerings, plus I'd already decided quad core is mainly for gamers and benchmark nuts. Also since LG only seem to have actually manufactured about twelve Nexus 4 handsets, I didn't fancy paying the ridiculous mark-up that greedy re-sellers are selling them at. I'm not paying £390 for a phone Google pitched at £250, no matter how good it is. After buying a couple of Sony Xperia devices for the wife, and being suitably impressed with their recent efforts, I decided upon the Xperia T. One thing I was not prepared to go back on after the HOX was screen size or resolution. This review is written based on the stock firmware 7.0.A.3.195 on Android 4.0.4 ICS. I will update this after the Jellybean update due end of February 2013. Here are my findings after a couple of weeks with the phone;

Hardware:
First impressions were very positive. I liked that the phone comes with a couple of NFC tags instead of making you buy them. (HTC take note. I NEVER utilised NFC on the HOX because of this. I even forgot it had NFC.) I have one tag on my bedside table to shut all radios down, silence the ringer, and make sure the alarm clock app is running. The other I have in my car to activate Loud Mode, Bluetooth and turn off WiFi. It's a shame you can't toggle GPS without root, but that's Google's fault not Sony's and is probably for security reasons. (Furthermore, leaving GPS enabled permanently doesn't mean the same battery drain it used to 3 years ago. So I just leave mine on with no serious or even noticeable impact to battery life.)

It is worth mentioning that you do not need to keep the tag in constant proximity to the phone to keep the profile settings enabled. You merely need to swipe it past the back of the phone once to carry out the `on' tasks. You simply wave it past the same tag again to carry out the `off' tasks. This will help in the placement of your tags. For example don't struggle trying to stick the car tag to your phone holder. Simply stick it anywhere suitable and pass the phone over it before placing it in your holder. Leaving NFC on permanently also has no noticeable impact on battery life.

I was pleased with the inclusion of a screen protector, albeit one that smudges up easily. At least it will offer some protection until I can source a better one, and it's still a nice touch from Sony to even bother supplying one. It could be down to Sony trying to compete with the other manufacturers who fit Gorilla Glass, whilst keeping the price of the Xperia T down. So be warned this may signify an unprotected Xperia T screen will pick up marks easier than an Samsung or HTC one. Personally I'm not taking the chance. Even Gorilla glass can be scratched so I always fit a screen protector.

For the first time in a long time, the included headphones produce a very good sound. I'm used to just leaving them in the box and using my own. I still prefer to use my own choice of media player, PowerAmp, and with its excellent EQ and the included headphones I got a very satisfying sound out of it. No Beats Audio gimmicks required here! The stock Sony Walkman app also has a comprehensive EQ so no doubt you can get similar results if you don't want to fork out for PowerAmp.

I was mildly concerned about the button placing on this phone, but the second I actually held it for the first time it made sense. As long as you hold the phone in your left hand that is. I tend to hold the phone in my left hand (navigating with my right hand) which means all the buttons line up nicely with my natural finger positioning. A big plus is the power button's location. On phones this size, having it on the top (like the HOX) meant adjusting your grip or using two hands to activate it. Not the case with the Xperia T. It's right there where you can easily reach it. For holding it in your right hand for one handed operation, some juggling of the handset and some thumb-fu are still required to activate the power button.

I am not so impressed though with the SIM card & SD Card slot cover. It seems very flimsy and does not sit flush the phone body after you've opened it for the first time to put your cards in. There is a noticeable lift at the bottom edge which could easily get worse in time and catch on something if you are not putting a case on this phone. I do keep mine in a case so I am not personally concerned about it, I just feel like compared to the rest of the build quality of this handset, Sony should have done better here.

I suppose we should be thankful they have at least listened to the market and put the SD card slot back in! I'm so glad it has one of these and it was a major draw for me to this handset. I was always having to be careful with the limited 16GB internal only memory of the HOX, as I like to keep a lot of music & video on my phone. No more worrying if your HD video recording is going to end because you ran out of space! Decent 32GB Class 10 cards are also now very cheap. I picked up a Samsung one for £15. With 2GB of space allowed for apps, I can now forget about storage limitations for good.

The screen is very good on this phone, and mostly comparable to the HOX. I couldn't notice any real difference between the two in detail, sharpness, and colour reproduction. The only difference is a slightly worse viewing angle on the Sony Xperia T. Only really a problem for other people trying to read your screen over your shoulder so I'm able to forgive this.

Software:
The phone boots up nice and quickly, and is very responsive. It may be "only" dual core, but it still flies around the menus without a hint of lag or delay. The Sony Timescape UI will be a matter of preference to you, and other launchers are of course available. But for what it is worth, I personally quite like the Timescape UI. It is not as over-bearing as Sense, and while I find I'm missing certain HTC widgets (calendar and weather) I do like the lighter look and feel of Timescape. It reminds me a bit of Cyanogen ROMs in certain areas. More like the Android experience Google had in mind for you, with a light dusting of polish from Sony. Also thankfully gone from my life are the constant launcher restarts of HTC Sense. Whatever Sony have done with their ROM's minfree values, it works. I have not had the launcher restart on me once after exiting a memory intensive app. I also have not encountered any UI bugs. Absolutely none. Very impressed with that.

Calls come across loud and clear with the earpiece, and the hands-free loudspeaker is leagues ahead of the HTC attempts in both volume and clarity. In fact I've not heard a speaker go this loud (whilst remaining clear) since my trusty Nokia 5800. The phone pairs very quickly with my car Bluetooth system, but it's a shame Sony didn't see fit to give it the latest power-efficient Bluetooth 4.0. The 3.1 version does use more power being left on all the time. It made no difference on the HOX, but I find with the Sony, Bluetooth is much higher up the battery usage charts at the end of a day. The GPS however is a big improvement over HTC's implementation. I got a GPS lock, for the first time, indoors, in about 5 seconds. Subsequent GPS locks are achieved in around 2 seconds. A Google Maps Navigation trip on the HOX would use half a full charge in one hour, and the phone would be very warm. The Xperia T stays cucumber cool and over the same hour sips only 30% of a full charge.

What is worth mentioning is this Sony Bravia Engine feature. Even with auto brightness turned off, with the Bravia Engine enabled, it still adjusts things like saturation and contrast on the fly. This can seem like the same distracting effect of dynamic brightness levels for me. Certain menu screens with a 50/50 mixture of blacks and colour (like the Google Play Store home page for example) take a few seconds to settle. I find myself waiting for it to so, which really detracts from the benefit of the phone's otherwise speedy UI experience so I have turned it off.

Another worthy mention and a nice surprise was Sony's own version of the increasingly popular "Swype" style trace keyboards. I've been a long-time fan of Swype, and have tried both HTC's and Swiftkey's attempts, and always ended up going back to Swype. Sony's version is fast, accurate and easy to use without having to fettle around with endless settings. It just works straight out of the gate and has better word substitution than Swype. They even give you three skins to choose from.

I couldn't help but succumb to curiosity and run Quadrant benchmark just to see what it got, and was pleasantly surprised by the 5337 result. This was around 400 higher than I got the first time with the HOX on a stock ROM. With AnTuTu it sored 11116 which is also similar to the HOX stock results. But certain benchmarks are written to suit different CPU strengths, so in real world performance terms it doesn't mean much. I tried an intensive game (GTA3) and didn't notice any difference in performance from my HOX or any lag. Simply put this phone has plenty of CPU power, and can hold its own against the quad-core show-offs! What it doesn't do is drain the battery in under a day. After the first week I found I was getting to the 24 hour mark with 30% left and 4 hours screen on time. This is with screen brightness fixed at 40% and all syncing on, apart from overnight when on my bedside table. When you bear in mind it takes a couple of weeks for a new battery to reach top performance, this is impressive. The HOX never managed more than 3.5 hours screen on time.

All in all it is a very nice ROM Sony have put together here. If Iwere installing a custom ROM on this phone, I'm struggling to think of any areas where I would look to improve on it. Bravo Sony.

The Camera:
The camera was something I was very pleased with (usually) on the HOX, so it was subject to some scrutiny from me on the Xperia T and so it has its own section in my review. Simply put it is adequate but not outstanding, let down badly by its software. First mention has to go to having a proper hardware shutter button back though. Not since the Nokia 5800 have I had one and it's so good to have again. In areas like `auto' white balance it is better than the HOX, reducing the amount of times I have to correct levels afterwards using PicSay Pro. In fact Sony's own stock "Album" app has a comprehensive set of photo editing options that competes with many of the premium apps on the Google Play Store. Cropping, red eye reduction, contrast, saturation, brightness, temperature are all available, plus the usual filters and effects. This album app is also well laid out and easy to navigate.

Focusing speed however is not as good, taking a little bit longer to get a sharp focus and not always succeeding before taking the shot. I also miss the HDR mode the HOX had, allowing for decent landscape shots into strong sunlight or very low light at night time. The Xperia T has a night mode, but it does not produce the same results. While the Sony definitely wins hands-down in the speed to go from sleep to taking a picture, the only thing I have found is that it is then prone to rushing the focusing, occasionally resulting in an out of focus shot. Not ideal if you are going for that capture-the-moment quick shot. Thankfully Camera 360 performs much better here in terms of speed of autofocus and sharper pictures. The only caveat with this is that you can't launch Camera 360 from the shutter button.

The shots with flash produce slightly better shots than the HOX achieved, but that is only in terms of looking slightly less like interrogation by torch light. These LED flashes are still not lighting up the whole scene properly. You still get darkening at the edge of the shot if you stay your distance, or make everyone look like Casper The Friendly Ghost if you get too close. The sweet spot seems to be at about 8 feet. But if you want top performance in challenging light conditions, you should still use a dedicated camera in my opinion.

I am quite concerned about the very aggressive jpeg compression of the Xperia T camera. You don't seem able to adjust it, and a 18MP photo is typically no more than roughly 2.1MB in file size! (For comparison the average HOX 8MP photo was 4.2MB) That's great for uploading via 3G to Facebook/Instagram quickly, but what if you (like me) have nothing to do with those sites and want instead to print off photos and canvasses of my aforementioned toddler? What if I want to make the most of the camera's sensor? Come on Sony, you should have an edge in camera software here. You have an SD card slot in the phone so why try so hard to keep the file size down at max res? I have found Camera 360 to also be better here. There are more options for picture settings, the files are not so severely compressed, and the autofocus is faster and more reliable.

Video recording seems to have issues with autofocus too, and it is the reason this phone is not outstanding. If your subject wanders out of focus, the phone really seems to struggle to regain it. Unfortunately here Camera 360 can't save the day as it can only handle stills. The Andoid market it entirely devoid of third party camcorder apps, so I am stuck with this until Sony fix it. I found that 1080p recording on the HOX was very jerky with lots of dropped frames despite its claims of raw power for this very sort of thing. I kept it at 720p for that reason. The Xperia T seems slightly better at 1080p, but I still stick with 720p simply to keep motion blur in fast-panning shots to a minimum and file size down for YouTube uploads. Obviously it handles 720p without breaking a sweat as long as it keeps its focus.

I would say then that I hope the future update to Jellybean addresses the stock Sony camera software focusing issues. Although the situation is not a total loss thanks to Camera 360 making good use of Sony's hardware, Sony really should have done better with their camera app as videos really suffer for it. I've had Sony Cybershot cameras for years without complaint so I know they can do it when they want to.

Conclusion:
Had this phone not cost me half what the HTC One X cost me, I think I would be rating it lower. I'm always taking videos of my young son on his journey through the early stages of his life, and uploading it to YouTube for his grandparents to enjoy. Since having this phone, a large percentage of videos I've taken have just been deleted as too much of it was out of focus and that is a shame. The One X never let me down here. The camera photo autofocus problem can at least be side-stepped by using Camera 360 or Camera FV-5 if you want a premium app.

Having said that, the Xperia T does just about everything else the same as, or better than the One X, and does so without draining so much battery. The handset I got, for some reason, is not able to have the bootloader unlocked and currently you can't root 7.0.A.3.195. But do you know what? I don't care! I've not found anything other than the camcorder issue to give me cause to go down the custom ROM route, something I've done with every other Android phone I've owned. And that says a lot about this phone. I am 99% happy with it at stock. Never thought I'd say that about a smartphone. If Sony address the autofocus issue in the upcoming JB update, then I'll adjust my rating accordingly, but this is still a very, very good phone for the asking price. Buy with confidence.

Update 7/2/13: Following the update to official JellyBean 9.1.A.0.489 Firmware I am upgrading this review to a 5 star one. The improvements made to the camera alone would justify this. The camera is by far the biggest and most welcome change. It now autofocuses fast! It also gets a sharp focus most of the time too, so much fewer blurry shots are achieved. There is still a tendency for the Camcorder to lose focus during filming, but it at least recovers much faster this time. As an added plus they have introduced a HDR mode for taking photos in high contrast situations. It is also the fastest HDR mode I have seen, taking the three photos quickly and processing them quickly too. These improvements have allowed me to uninstall all the other camera apps I had installed to get by Sony's flaws in the previous firmware. What it has done is brought confidence back to using the camera. I no longer waste time trying to assess the situation, and pick the right camera app for the job hoping I don't get a bad photo. It is a big relief that Sony addressed this.

The whole feel of this phone is now much faster and smoother. It as quick before, but even before this new ROM has had time to settle, I am getting better benchmark results and it just feels slicker. Whatever Google did with that "Project Butter" for JellyBean it seems to work well. The icing on the cake is that as I am writing this, my phone has been on battery for 10 hours, and is on 89% battery. Average battery life has improved dramatically. Before it took some care to get past the 24 hour mark. Now it'll easily do 36 hours, and I think I could coax 48 out of it without too much sacrifice should I need to.

I can no longer think of any concernin flaws in this phone. None. Outstanding job Sony.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but has a few issues, 26 Oct. 2013
Reviewify.co.uk "Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
Length:: 3:24 Mins

Overall this is a great handset, however the first thing to do is turn off the auto brightness. When I first looked at the screen I thought it too dull until I realized it was the auto brightness setting the screen too dark, switching it off and the screen looks fantastic.

The handset has a lot of buttons on the right hand side, and while I'm all for a dedicated camera button, screen lock and volume rockers I'd much rather they be better spaced and not at the bottom right hand of the handset. Although this isn't a problem for those of you that are left handed, perhaps in fact this is meant to be a left handed mobile?!

Keep in mind you can't take the back off so you can't change the battery.

Get past all that and you have a decent mobile, it's a nice size, good screen, and has a nice finish to the back (especially compared to plastic Samsungs). I'd recommend having a quick play with one in store first to see if any of the above is going to be a deal breaker for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars sony Xperia T, 14 May 2013
The Sony Xperia T is possibly the best phone on the market, today, with a 13 megapixel camera, nfc, WiFi, next word predictive text,, choice of keyboards, walkman, it's the bees knees, I've owned this phone for 5 months, it knocks the spots off any other phone. Why listen to the iPhone 5 rubbish, no nfc and it actually has only an 8 megapixels SONY camera, same for Samsung 3/4, which have amoled screens that are prone to screen burn and they have memory issues.
the Sony Xperia T also has less bug issues than most phones out there. You'd be a fool to look elsewhere for a better phone and a better price.
the memory is extendable by using a memory card, photo 32 gig, giving a total of 48 gig. Also, it is comparable with PlayStation and gaming is a Joy., go on, treat yourself, to a decent phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 19 Oct. 2013
Bought this for my boyfriend as his Blackberry broke and I've never seen him happier. He absolutely loves it! Amazing screen size, good graphics, runs so smoothly and fast.. He's owned the phone for around 3 months now and it still performs as though it's brand new! It arrived within two days, even though the delivery was 3-5 working days. The earphones supplied with the phone are also fantastic, I can imagine them being very expensive if bought alone. The 13mp camera is brilliant, takes amazing pictures and has many great camera effects. The only downside we thought we'd have is that the phone doesn't come with the newest version of Android OS however, updating the OS was very easy. He often mentions how it's the "best phone he's ever owned".

I would recommend this phone to anybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Phone, 18 Jan. 2013
Great screen, fantastic apps, great camera. Solidly built phone and after much research chose it over iPhone 5 and the Galaxy. Much better vfm than the other two and managed to get a phone protector and 32gb of extra memory all for under 400 pounds!

Needs recharged once a day if browsing listening to music and calling but that is standard for smartphones.

Panoramic photos are fantastically easy to take, great quality videos and photos. Call quality is great and the screen is responsive and accurate.

Recommend this phone to everyone, it's just awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done Sony, 20 Nov. 2012
Having read many reviews about the latest smartphones and having just recently purchased the Sony 55" HX8 TV, I thought I would give the Sony Xperia T a try.

Firstly, the screen is incredible - sharp pictures great for viewing videos and pictures. The 13mp camera has really impressed me and lived up to the reputation Sony have in the point and shoot camera market.

The battery life is, to be honest, is what you would expect from a high end smartphone packed with features you will just want to use all the time. I will get a full day out of it and I have 2 email accounts and a number of social network accounts constantly updating in the background.

Overall, really pleased I made the right choice in getting the Xperia T

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony product, 24 Feb. 2013
My first smartphone I chose the Sony Xperia T, chosen because I saw it as a powerful alternative to the Galaxy S3 which was after my deal on Amazon, was still £145.00 more than the Xperia T. I am the proud owner of the Bond phone so I am told, almost 66 years old and have always been interested in computers and gadgets, I have found the phone extremely easy to use, a great buy.