Size: 50 BUCKET|Change

on 10 June 2013
All the birds love Alan Titchmarsh's Fat Balls, but in particular the tits (I wish there were some other way to phrase this, but there just isn't - welcome to Carry On Up The Amazon), and the robins - I have one of those big round feeders and put five new balls in every week and they hoover through them at great speed.

Definitely a good buy.
55 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2014
Got the big box of 75 Chapelwood ones before, and it took the birds who frequent my little yard about 5 weeks to eat the lot - and that's in addition to all the other stuff (mealworms, suet pellets and loads of seed) that I put out daily. These things, however - which I went for because the seller of the other ones has started charging an unfeasible amount for p&p, whereas these are on Prime - have gotten a great big 'wings down' from my feathered guests. In fact, over the last 2-3 days, many seem to have flocked off elsewhere! To be honest I can't blame them, as compared to the other fat balls these are hard, dry and chalky; even the greedy starlings have scarcely touched them
Opinion being divided among reviewers, I can only conclude that quality is very variable, which one wouldn't expect of a product which a reputable celebrity such as AlanTitchmarsh has put his name to.
Oh and to add insult to injury, the tub and its lid were, on receipt, found to be stained - liberally spattered with some brown fluid and its residue. Thankfully it doesn't smell bad, but as I have no shed and the bird food tubs are stored on a kitchen shelf, it isn't very nice is it.
So sorry, no recommend from me, on this one. I might try a tub from the local bargain shop next, once I've gotten over having wasted my money on this.
on 4 February 2013
These fat balls seem to be longer lasting. They don't fall apart as many others I have tried do and the birds love them.
on 31 December 2012
Quite a few of the fat balls I have bought have arrived in bits but these were very good. The birds love them
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 January 2014
I've been usng these for a few weeks now. The birds have been enjoying them, but when i was refilling bird feeders today, i noticed a huge mess underneath the fat ball feeder. Couldn't work out what it was initially, as it looked like wheat, but when i took a handful i realised that it was fat-covered wheat, and has indeed come from these fat balls. The birds (even sparrows!) obviously don't like it for some reason...so now i have a horrible greasy pile of wheat to try and clear up before it goes rancid. I have been feeding the birds for years, and buying fat balls for them for years, but have never encountered this before. I am really surprised, considering that they are Alan Titchmarsh's fat balls.... no sniggering now!!!
on 30 January 2014
Mrs Daz is very fond of feeding the birds that visit our garden. Sparrows, robins, thrushes - we have them all. Her favourites, however, are a pair of tits. I purchased this product for her as a surprise gift. When I told my chums at the West Penge Conservative Club that my wife's tits always perk up at the sight of Mr Tichmarsh's big fat balls, however, my innocent observation was greeted with much ribald and, quite frankly, puerile mirth. This kind of childish innuendo is another sign of the moral degradation of fair Albion.
on 13 February 2013
These fat balls come without the plastic nets, there for they are more Eco friendly. All birds really love them, and they bring a good variety of birds to our garden.
on 6 October 2013
My tits can't get enough of Alan Titchmarsh's Fat Balls. They are slightly larger than average and packed full of seeds, which the birds really enjoy.

The balls came in good condition. As an added bonus I now have a handy large bucket too.
on 23 June 2013
I bought these after reading the great reviews. I was not disappointed with the product but was disappointed that next day delivery was not available so I ordered another brand the next time. They were not a patch on Alan's balls. These balls are firm and last considerably longer than other brands. I soon came back for Alan's superior balls. The birds love them! Highly recommend. Hope these are always available to order.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 January 2014
I buy these because when they are delivered there has never been any crumbled and wasted balls in the bottom which I have had with some cheaper ones. The birds like them and they are on a par with the ones from Wilkinson's. Buying these fat balls for home delivery is a gamble if you get the cheap ones delivered in cardboard or if they are very crumbly like the really cheap ones.