5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album!
Published 23 months ago by Clare

3.0 out of 5 stars Timewarped
I like all sorts of music, and after hearing Craigs radio show the other day, I immediately bought this CD. Its not the same music as on the radio show, and I was a bit disappointed at first. Then, as I played it on the way to work, my Vauxhall Astra morphed into a 1970's red Gran Torino. I had an overwhelming urge to park up and enter a seedy pool room to meet up with...
Published 15 months ago by Mungo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album!, 26 Nov 2012
I was very excited when I heard this was coming out, and managed to buy a copy at the Manchester album launch party. I'm already familiar with most of the songs from the Club nights, and I've been lucky enough to have caught The Excitements, Federation of the Disco Pimp, The Haggis Horns and Speedometer with Martha High live at these gigs over the last year or so (with other artists, like Smoove & Turrell and Lack of Afro, on my list of those I'm still desperate to see). The other songs I've heard played on the radio show.

I've only been listening to funk and soul music for a few years, so I won't say much about each track, and the clips from the full playlist are available to listen to here. I love the variety on the album, and I was really happy with the track choice for each of the artists. There are some amazing covers of classic funk songs, so it's hard to pick out my best tracks, but 'The Clap Hands Song' is my favourite to (attempt to) dance to, followed closely by 'Rocket Man', which appeals to the Red Dwarf fan in me. And Al Wilson's classic 'The Snake' is one of my all-time favourite songs, which I will never, ever tire of listening to. But there's not a single track on here I'd want to skip over.

Playing the album straight through, as I've done a few times now, really does capture the atmosphere and energy of the Club, and it's correctly advertised as a party album. It's a proper feel good CD, and I know I'll be playing this a lot! Especially in the car on the way to work, as that's when I most need to be reminded of the amazing weekends I've had. Even if you're not into clubbing, it's an excellent compilation of great quality music, so there can't be many people this won't appeal to. I really like the way the CD is presented too. The booklet has a good biography, the usual track info, some lovely photos, and a really sweet acknowledgements bit. I've read that this record is part of a three-album deal for Craig Charles, so I can't wait to see what else he brings out on the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality selection of the finest in contemporary funk and soul!, 26 Nov 2012
Craig Charles is one of the biggest advocated of funk and soul music in the UK, so it was surely only a matter of time before he put together a compilation of some of his favourite tracks.

This is an absolute belter, containing tracks from the likes of; Alice Russell, Smoove & Turrell, Lack Of Afro and The Bamboos. 19 tracks of hard hitting funk and soul drenched in breaks and powerful vocal hooks!

If you like funk and soul, you need this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compilation this one, 11 July 2014
Great compilation this one. Never heard of most of it but it's always to pick up new stuff you've never heard before plus you can always trust Craig to keep you right

4.0 out of 5 stars Great compilation of Soul 'N' Funk sounds., 6 Oct 2013
If you like gutsy, sweaty, dirty, grindy dance sounds. Then you'll love every track on this compilation, it starts like a race gun and doesn't let up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this album!, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Craig Charles Funk & Soul Club (MP3 Download)
I saw Craig DJ at Glastonbury 2013 and then when home and bought the album. One of the coolest DJ sets i have ever seen!

4.0 out of 5 stars funktastic, 4 Dec 2013
everything that you would expect from the master of funk and soul. nice one craig - theyre boss tunes! top!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unleash the trunk of funk!!, 1 Oct 2013
Great Album !!! Great DJ !! Love the album. Got this CD at Christmas and it still gets played loads :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Funky!!, 28 July 2014
This review is from: The Craig Charles Funk & Soul Club (MP3 Download)
great album, but then again Craig Charles hosts a great Radio show. love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Too funky for words!, 24 Dec 2012
Some strange funky covers - but a great listen! Insane in the membrane cover - worth a listen, strange at first but AWESOME!

5.0 out of 5 stars Right up my Street!!, 29 Dec 2012
good music from the start! a good mix, I have had in my car for the last 3 weeks and still listening!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›