5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:32 Mins
OK Firstly I purchased this In car video camera elsewhere(China)
Second I had to purchase a separate micro memory card (Samsung 16 gig class 10)From Amazon).

Ok on to the build quality.
The camera and mounting/suction bracket are really light weight.And the camera seems to be well made.
But the mounting bracket although...
Published 15 months ago by Gadget Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY CAR CAMERA
Published 10 months ago by Mr. R. E. Giles

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 14 April 2013
This review is from: 2.7-Inch TFT DUAL CAMERA CAR DVR GPS LOGGER G-SENSOR VEHICLE SYNCHRONOUS RECORDER (Electronics)
Length:: 1:32 Mins

OK Firstly I purchased this In car video camera elsewhere(China)

Ok on to the build quality.
But the mounting bracket although very adjustable,I have encountered one minor problem.
And this was on the lever that clips the the mount to the windscreen,the centre pin came loose.A dab of super glue should sort this minor problem.

Just remember when attaching the mount to your car windscreen,wipe your glass with a damp clean cloth and then wipe it dry.Then you should not have any problems getting the suction mount to stay attached.
So how does it perform?
Well actually setting the camera up is relatively easy,I just had a cursory glance at Chinlgish Instruction manual.
I have chosen to only use the forward facing video mode,since I doubt very much that any film footage would be any good from my 4x4 rear.And since I am not very photogenic (Some what ugly)

Anyway the on board display is fairly crisp and sharp.Now on to the important video quality.
So first off it displays its video when played back on your PC using it's own X2 software,it is in fish eye mode.
And using said software,well to be honest it is poor.And also very clunky slow etc.
But having said that,you can play back your video in software of your choosing.

I have only tested this in car video in daylight and dusk conditions.Therefore unable to comment on any night driving using this equipment.But I am not expecting great things from it.
So to conclude,for the money that I have invested in this little piece of kit.I think that it represents excellent value.

Would I recommend it,YES.
And for a good reason.I intend to put together a collection of film clips,of idiotic drivers.And then upload then onto you tube.

Points to remember.
1.Ensure your windscreen is clean and dry.
2.It requires a memory card of class 6 or higher over 2 gig,if you wan't to use a larger card then you can.
3.If like me you have large hands.Then when you remove the memory card you will have to disconnect both the GPS cable and the power cable.
4.The power connection from the Cigar lighter is a little lose.(Well on my 4x4 anyway)
5.The in car audio is very good(So no cursing at other drivers Ha Ha)
Thanks for reading I hope this helps...
UPDATE.
I have now done a little night driving with this in car video.And as I expected the video playback was somewhat poor.
With street lighting it is possible to make out other cars,but only just.Driving down country unlit lanes,it is nigh on impossible to make anything out.
Maybe if I could secure this,a little lower and further forward on my windscreen it would improve matters a little.
Anyway since around 90 percent of my driving is in daylight.It is not really a big issue for me.

Second update.
I am so impressed with this in car cam I am considering purchasing a second unit(HD this time)And fitting this unit permanently to the rear of my 4x4.So I would HD to the front and fish eye to the rear.And since I have a cigar lighter rear facing,I would not have to hide miles of cables.
Please check out my Video Car Cam Test.
Third Update
Ok i have now been using this car cam for sometime now.
And the cigar power cable failed,but i had a spare sat nav cable in my jeep.So that in its self was not a problem.When i got home and checked the original cable,it was a blown fuse.But what i have found,is the power in connection port seems to be a little loose.Any slight movement on the cable and it seems to knock off the charge function.Not a major problem,i just need to careful not to catch the cable.
I have also just used this In Car Camera whilst off Roading.And i was up and down some very steep hills.Also the general terrain was very bumpy(As you would expect)And the camera stayed attached to my windscreen throughout the entire day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final update.
The problem that i had with the power cable,connector to the car camera.Has now got to the stage where the camera will not stay powered on.
Also the micro memory card will not stay in its slot.One or the other of these problems would have rendered this car camera inoperable.But both problems together have now made it pretty much useless.And it is a great shame,because i enjoyed the secure feeling of having some proof in the event of a accident(Assuming i was innocent of course).
I will purchase another in car camera,sadly not this one.So the hunt begins.

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY CAR CAMERA, 30 Aug 2013
For the money, this is a good value product. It came with a 4GB SD card but this was useless as it was only a class 4 card and the instructions say and SD card you use must be class 6 or better!! I bought a 32GB class 10 card. When first inserted, the card needs formatting, and this also installs the camera software including the PC review software. When I switched on the camera, its menu was in Russian and I had to experiment a bit to change it to English!!
The front and back cameras both work well. The screen is OK, a little dark to easily see in the car. The sound volume seems low but just about OK to hear. The GPS works just now and again. When fitting the camera, in my opinion it is best to fit it near the rear view mirror so as not to obstruct the view, and to record the best overall view both forward and back. If you have a small windscreen, this could be a problem. Another problem is that there is no quick release so whenever you wish to remove the SD card, you have to end up removing everything ( I find it impossible to remove the SD card unless I do this! )!! The PC software works very easily, you just insert the card and you can review the video. The video quality is quite good, although the cameras take some time to react to any changes to lighting conditions, so sometimes the recording is a bit dark. I have not used it at night. The cameras automatically start recording when either the SD card is inserted or when power is supplied to the unit. This means for example it starts when you switch on the car engine but also when you charge the camera!! There is a button you can press to stop recording. It comes with a USB cable to charge on a PC but I found you can also use a moble phone or sat nav charger as long as the cable connection is the same.
Overall, it gives me some piece of mind when driving in case of an accident etc by being able to show some general evidence of the circumstances and who was to blaim but thats about it, don't expect lots of detail like registration numbers etc!. However, for the money its OK and I am not sure whether spending alot more money will gain anything!

4.0 out of 5 stars In-car Camera, 1 Jan 2013
For safety's sake, I had been mulling over an in-car video camera for a while. The best on the market cost upwards of 200, which I found a bit steep. The cheaper models didn't seem to have the necessary features. Recently though, this has changed with new arrivals and, after some research, opted for this R300 "travelling recorder" (still don't know who makes it!).

Does it cut the mustard? Firstly, a word of warning - the instruction manual is limited, at best, and in pigeon (Chinese) English. But, a lot of features have been crammed in to a small space. Having had it in the car for a fortnight, I seem to have got it working as I want. To get to that stage though required a bit of experimentation - especially with the automatic on/off setting! Secondly, you will need to buy some 'extras'; the provided suction mount was flimsy in the extreme and broke on my first attempt to mount it on the windscreen. A 9 Polaroid windscreen suction mount provided a cheap but v effective/sturdy replacement (other makes are available!). Also, if you want to hide the power cable, a mini-USB extension cable will be required - one metre was just sufficient. I didn't have a micro-SD card reader so that needed purchasing as it is the card that also holds the software required to view the picture and data. All of these added to a total of about 20.

After a fortnight, I am now in a position whereby I am content with the R300 and it's doing what I want it to. The provided micro-SD card provides enough memory for about 25 minutes on a continual loop and the quality seems pretty good; I only use it in the forward looking mode. Having the GPS feed is very useful to prove that speed limits are being adhered to (or not...). Would I recommend it? As long as you are aware of the need to possibly buy some extras and can cope with a poor manual then, Yes, I can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Car cam, 22 Mar 2013
R. Leitch "roderick" (Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Trawled the net for weeks for just the right car cam. None were just right. I chose this one for several reasons. Firstly it was sold from within the UK. So it arrived within a couple of days. Its quite small and does not block much of the view whilst driving. The instructions came from Mars as usual but it's quite a simple device to use. Use a decent HD 32 gb micro sd card, put it in the unit, switch on unit in the house, this puts a small program into the card. Stick card into your PC. This downloads the program onto your PC. Done. Cam switches on and off with the ignition key. Nothing else to do. When played back on the PC it appears to save the video in five minute segments. Seamlessly, so you can easily save just the timeline you need. Google maps is shown on the pc too. It shows speed in km or mph on the PC but strangely only km in the car! The car cam screen is rather dark but on the PC it's amazing how much the cameras pick up even at night. Just remember if you don't want what you say recorded, switch off sound and or the inside camera. The inside camera although widelense does not show much from behind the car. I think a separate rear camera would be needed for that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Works but NOT as described!, 21 Nov 2013
For the money I wasn't expecting much but..
It's advertised as HD (High definition) but each camera records at 640x480 (not HD).
The video when viewed on the PC is grainy & low quality. Number plates are unreadable so this will not hold up in a court of law.
As others have mention, it records as soon as you turn it on so the gravity sensor is useless.
GPS does not work. Just stuck somewhere in China!
Finally, on battery the unit only lasted half an hour so needs to be plugged in all the time.
Buy this at your peril!

2.0 out of 5 stars It works but very poor quality, 3 Nov 2013
Okay so I should have known you get what you pay for ! But the reviews sound mostly good so I took a chance
It took ages to arrive - but arrived I between the delivery range
The default language was set to Russian - took a bit of fiddling & guesswork of the icons to reset it to English 🇬🇧
Connecting the camera to the windscreen holder easy. - but when attaching it to the windscreen it is upside down & doesn't allow adjustment for he correct position
Power cable - yes only one cable (Car) in the box. As soon as you power up it one's straight to record really annoying if you don't want to start then & there is no way to delete just one recoding. You have to format the entire SD disk. Again really annoying if you want to keep some of the recordings. Also if you have several recordings you can't scroll to the one you want you have to play each one in turn.
The camera is wide angle - works well but does work well in low light like it claimed to. Neither does it adjust / tilt very well. There's more but I think you get the idea ... 😡

1.0 out of 5 stars Lots of promise but ..., 17 July 2013
David Newton "David Newton - DND Services" (Wetherby, Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my car. I do a lot of miles and having had my last two cars written off by other people I figured it would provide some form of backup in case of yet another. If I'm honest I was also hoping it might stave another off!

Although not the cheapest by far, I reasoned I wanted a decent bit of kit so splashed out. Delivery was pretty prompt.

Reading through the product details, I now realise it leaves a lot to the imagination after 'hinting' at various things. The more cynical among us might call it marketing BS!

I expected to be able to simply plug and play and find plenty of space for it on my Jeeps windscreen - wrong!

I have had a number of devices attached in clamps attached to my windscreen in the past but this one stands out as, lets put it this way, "unfriendly to use". I eventually got it mounted and stayed put and plugged in the GPS aerial. I hid all the spare cable and mounted it behind the mirror out of the way but so it could get a good signal.

I then tried to plug in the USB cable to supply it with power. What an abortion! The only way it is possible to use the two cable together is to force them in!! The sockets are mounted too close together on the PCB so one has a choice of usage or NO GPS.

OK. Deep breath and carry on. Might have been me. Charged it up overnight and went to connect to the GPS in the morning to find the GPS aerial had fallen off. It was quite warm but not overly so, so re-stuck it and connected it up. Waited 10 minutes, another 20, another 30 still no GPS co-ordinates. Went away for 2 hours, came back still no coordinates. Unplugged it re-plugged it rebooted, reset re re re re. Nothing.

Sense of humour failure looming now, so ditched GPS and went out with my daughter to try the camera. Reading its write up I assumed it perm records and starts doing so as you move off (gravity sensor?!). Well, I'll never know! We got a picture and apparently it was recording but we could never work out how to replay the last bit of what was recorded and at that point I got the hump with it and chucked it back into its box.

I contacted the seller who sent a request for an image of the product before committing - if only! I asked why but got no reply so sent one from my phone. I then discovered I had to pay to send it back to Portugal. They said they'd pay return postage but so far have failed to do so despite refunding my original purchase price quickly.

Next time I have a hankering, I'm going to buy a box of hat pins and stick them in my eyes - it will be more enjoyable.

They get two stars for delivery and partial refund. Kit is not worth the box it comes in and the experience can be called 'nothing less than ...'

If you value your sanity, take my hard earned advice and stay well away. It failed on every single count that matters.

4.0 out of 5 stars My reliable, unbiased witness, 8 Oct 2013
Mike R (Cardigan Wales) - See all my reviews
Having suffered from a collision where it was my word against the other driver I was happy to try out this camera. Setup was easy in spite of the small font in the manual. All features are working although I've given up on the rear camera as the contrast between the interior of our VW Touran (occupying the largest area in the image) and the window means that it's difficult to see details of what's behind - this may be better in a shorter car. The front facing camera works very well and the capture is easy to review on the computer using the software installed on the SD card when formatting in the camera. The screen clamp is fine and the GPS sensor sticks on the screen with plenty of spare two-sided sticky pads. The cables supplied are very long and can be a nuisance unless you tie them. The life of the charged batteries is not great and it's simpler to plug it into the 'lighter' socket each time.

I was surprised to pass a huge police advert by the side of a motorway recently that recommended the use of this type of camera - hence the above title.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it, 25 Feb 2013
I find this camera quite good for the price, good picture over a wide angle. I have found that the GPS can be a bit erratic so sometimes leaves a gap for your position on the map. It also registers your speed.
The windscreen mount was quite good, I found it to be robust and versatile for positioning the camera. The supplied cable is more than adequate, I run mine from the centre console between the front seats, along the transmission tunnel, inside the dash covers to the screen and have cable to spare.

Altogether a good value camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK I suppose, 22 Dec 2013
Mr. N. Dean (UK) - See all my reviews
The first thing to say is that it doesn't have night vision, which is my own fault for not reading their advert carefully. I also never received the 4gb memory card and e-mailed them but got no immediate reply. However i sent them a further e-mail threatening to return the camera under the Distance Selling Regulations and that got a reply and my 4gb card!! On the plus side the picture is nice and clear in daylight and displays the speed in KPH (making me more aware of speed limits!) As I'm retired, don't do so much driving and do most of my driving during the day the lack of night vision is not such a bind, but I'd advise anyone who does drive more, or at night to go for a more expensive one (NOT the cheap Chinese imports) with proper night vision and preferably Wide Dynamic Range (WDR).