4.0 out of 5 stars Good product
Nice long spoons which make first few weeks of weaning a little more easy.
They have also come out well from dishwasher
Published 16 months ago by melinanm

3.0 out of 5 stars Good until they stained
Published 8 months ago by rose20

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: Tommee Tippee Explora Soft Tip Weaning Spoons (5-pack) (Baby Product)
Nice long spoons which make first few weeks of weaning a little more easy.
They have also come out well from dishwasher

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 17 Feb 2013
These weaning spoons are easy to use as they ave long handles however I prefer the heat sensing ones which is why I have knocked off a star. The act that there are so many in the ack mean I can leave one at each of the grandparents houses ad still have enough left at home.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good until they stained, 27 Jan 2014
Got these after birth to use for giving vitamins/medicine and they are fine. Now that I've started weaning they are still good, not too big for little mouths and wash fine in the dishwasher. Only drawback is that after 3weeks of use with carrot, apple, pear and banana they have stained, especially the blue spoons so don't think I will get another set even though I like that they are soft and baby likes to chew on them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best shape, 8 Sep 2013
LMD (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Long handles mean it's easy to get in to jars. A flexible (but not soft) material is used for the spoon so it will bend around a bit too, meaning it might be a little bit less uncomfortable for baby. There's 5 in a pack too so no need to get flustered when you drop one on the floor...

However, I've found that, compared to some other weaning spoons, these have a much deeper bowl to the spoon. This makes it's easy to take a bit too much food and difficult to get the food off the spoon and in to baby's mouth. Our little one hasn't really hit it off with these spoons and actually prefers the much cheapest Tommee Tippee spoons or the Avent spoons. So it's 3 stars from me but your baby may do much better.

1.0 out of 5 stars These spoons taste of soap, 27 May 2014
To start with, I was delighted with the spoons, as they are a great shape and texture. However, whether you wash them in the dishwasher or by hand, they strongly taste of soap, so does the food that you serve to your little one. I noticed my baby rejected certain foods at certain times and eventually realised that the food tasted of detergent whenever I used these spoones. I tried cleaning and soaking them in pure non-soapy water but I cannot remove the soapy taste, so we don't use them anymore, not even for playing. I am very dissapointed and horrified that my baby may have ingested detergent. Subsequently, I found discussions on Mumsnet on this and found that many other mums have noticed the same. I don't know whether it is the rubbery soft texture that causes the spoons to absorbe whatever detergent is being used to clean them. I do not reccommend these spoons as I don't believe they are safe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Weaning Spoons, 5 Oct 2014
Love this spoons for my weaning son. Flexible so they scrape all food out if pots, they are colourful which he likes, they are long handled so easy to feed him with. They do have a bit of a scoop so took my son a while to grasp there was still little bits in the spoon if it wasn't piled on. I wouldn't but any other spoon for him though. Only thing I will say is all purées seem to stain but I don't know how this is avoided.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in every respect, 25 May 2014
These spoons are everything I could have asked for and more.

The combination of very comfortable grip and long handle made these my first and last choice when feeding -- our baby was a fidgety when eating, and the long handle really helped avoid "accidents".

The soft material is very baby friendly but at the same time also very durable: our little one liked to chomp on it while teething, and when the dog appropriated one of the spoons as a toy, we discovered the next day that despite all the bites the spoon showed only minimal signs of wear.

The length of the handle makes these a bad choice for self-feeding, but frankly by the time our little one expressed a desire to feed herself we were fully comfortable with giving her the metal teaspoons we use ourselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars soft baby spoons, 16 May 2014
nice soft spoons but too big for little ones mouth at 4 months. will be fine if baby is a bit older and i look forward to using them.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good we bought two, 14 May 2014
J. Wood "JoCoumbe" (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
These are great little spoons to start weaning on.
We gave our baby one to play with a couple of weeks before we started weaning, so he was used to gumming it and holding it.
When we weaned there was no issue whatsoever. They're now even his favourite teething chew, they're so soft.
A great buy - we got two loads as they are great value, just so we had loads to play with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Look great!, 11 May 2014
Look really good. My sister in law used them to wean her son so recommended them to me. Not used yet but look very good.