4.0 out of 5 stars Nice scarf
Published 21 months ago by RAJ

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so good
I thought that by paying £7.99 for this scarf would ensure that I received a good quality example. Sadly, this is not the case.

Published 21 months ago by Darren M Watkinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice scarf, 17 July 2013
RAJ (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I needed something that is good for hot climates - mostly in SE Asia, but even the UK heatwave right now - at wicking away sweat but also warm when in aggressive air con (a problem in SE Asia, less so in UK). This is a good value scarf, well made in India with a simple 100% cotton "pershmerga" type design (I had one in Arab red and white from Iraq 25 yrs ago but long since lost. The clour I choose (mid blue and black) is good if you are not into making strong, extrovert fashion statements! Pleased with the purchase.

PS

The colour ran after during first wearing - staining my white t-shirt. Needs a good wash before wearing. Would have been nice if this was mentioned on the scarf. I drop one star for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scarf, 26 Sept. 2009
Micheal R. Masters "Scarf Man" (Derby, England) - See all my reviews
The Purple Desert Scarf was really good, so good in fact that when my wife saw it, she was so impressed she confiscated it for her own use. She said that it was not a man's colour, and that I would have to buy myself another one! It seemed a more reasonable for her to buy me another one, but of course she didn't.
So I have indeed purchased another Desert Scarf In a 'Man's Colour, even though I thought the original was fine.
These scarves a really great, practical and stylish. They must be something of a fashion item, as my 21 year old niece who lives in Barcelona was wearing one when she visited in august.
To sum up, great product, well priced, and delivered promptly. Even 'She who must be obeyed Likes it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the thing, 10 Feb. 2010
Mr. T. Hilliam (Norwich, UK) - See all my reviews
First of all, the scarf took a mere 2 days to get to me, brill. I went with my girlfriend to pick this up from the post office, this first thing to note is how well made the scarf is. I bought a yellow one (looks a tad darker than the picture) and it feels really nice. It's a good size and unlike some other ones i'v bought it's thicker, being winter and snowy that's a good thing. It really is what it says on the tin. I'm going to have to buy another one. since this one belongs to the girlfriend now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black & White keffiyah, 13 Sept. 2009
Karl Farrugia (Malta) - See all my reviews
Extremely comfortable and really nicely woven. perfect size as some of them tend to be too small to wrap correctly, but this one is great. quality is great and makes for a real handy accessory. a great buy and definitely highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab scarf!, 11 Sept. 2009
J. Wasey (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I was really impressed by the quality of this product and the speed of delivery. Only gripe is that it is hard to judge what the colours are truely like on the internet so my child played it safe with black and white.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 15 Oct. 2010
luv'd this item very much i wear it everyday it stops me having colds in morning before i go to college & it looks really good on me .

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so good, 9 Aug. 2013

The scarf is much, much thinner than others that I own, and it's also smaller than advertised, measuring 94cm by 96cm. The scarf is also quite stiff and made me itch when I tried to wear it, despite me having washed it by hand a few times in an attempt to remove the dressing. If it really is 100% cotton, then it's the lowest quality cotton that I've ever experienced. I would have returned it if I had realised I wouldn't have to pay for shipping.

It really is just for show and offers no protection, so look elsewhere if you're looking for a scarf for practical purposes (I see the listing has been changed now).

I would give it one star, but it did come in handy as a makeshift bandage on a bushcraft trip, so that begrudgingly earns it two stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Military one is very poorly made - a waste of money, 10 Feb. 2012
A. Clayton (UK) - See all my reviews
I have just received the 'Military' version. Even before opening the packet it was obviously of poor quality - thin, coarse weave, harsh fabric, poorly edged. It is little only a little better than a piece of patterned scrim or muslin.

It is not good value, not good quality and not fit for purpose.

I bought a much (much) nicer one a few months - now unavailable - ago which cost just £5.00 and is first class compared to this piece of rag. Oh, and the colour is a dirty brown - I don't know where the 'military' connotation comes from . . . .

Very, very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shemagh Scarf, 17 Dec. 2010
These traditional Afghan scarves are designed to protect the head and neck from sun and/or sand. Decorative tassels are attached to both ends of the shemagh. Essential for protecting the eyes, nose, mouth, ears and face from sand, dust and used against the winter coldness. Can also be used as a neck warmer or hand towel.
Worn by soldiers in Afghanistan and abroad it retains heat and absorbs sweat in warm/hot conditions. These can be wrapped in various styles around the head and neck and commonly used for fashion by many men and women. It is commonly found in arid climate areas to provide protection from direct sun exposure, as well as for occasional use in protecting the mouth and eyes from blown dust and sand or provide warmth for those cold winter times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile Desert Scarf, 29 July 2010
I love it. Its perfect for all year around. I also have star scarf from same seller Stylish Star Scarf-After desert scarf this is next trendy square cotton scarf for both girls and guys of all ages-Available in Red, Orange, Pink, Green, Blue and Purple colours