5.0 out of 5 stars Entranced
Swedish Eurovision Diva Loreen Talhaour has more strings to her bow
than a winning song ('Euphoria') given the evidence available on her
debut album 'Heal'. What this collection proves, above all else, is that
she has a very fine voice. Although, to some degree, conventional, the
dimensions of the epic dance anthem are given a continued lease of life...
Published on 4 Nov. 2012 by The Wolf

3.0 out of 5 stars good songs!
Loved euphoria, I haven't listened to the whole album as of yet, but what I have heard sounds really good, better from what I would expect from Eurovision contestants.
Published 13 months ago by Jessica Hawthorn

5.0 out of 5 stars Entranced, 4 Nov. 2012
The Wolf (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Swedish Eurovision Diva Loreen Talhaour has more strings to her bow
than a winning song ('Euphoria') given the evidence available on her
debut album 'Heal'. What this collection proves, above all else, is that
she has a very fine voice. Although, to some degree, conventional, the
dimensions of the epic dance anthem are given a continued lease of life and
clean bill of health in these twelve well-constructed and stirring numbers.
A small hoard of producers and co-writers does not seem to have gotten in
the way of the project achieving a remarkably coherent sonic presence and
Ms Talhaour seems happy and at home in both the mountains and valleys of her
chosen kingdom which she rules with a deft amalgam of power and sensitivity.

There are some big tunes here, not least amongst them 'Euphoria' (has there
been a more stirring and affecting Euro-champion in recent years?) but with
numbers like the storming hands-in-the-air highlight 'My Heart Is Refusing Me',
the uplifting but nonetheless tender 'See You Again' and 'Sober', with its
sinuous central ducking-and-diving vocal performance, it is clearly evident
that this talented artist is much more than a fly-by-night one-trick-pony.
It's not all four-to-the-floor dancefloor mayhem however. Songs like 'Everytime',
'Do We Even Matter' and the affecting closing track 'Heal' contribute more
than enough light and shade to the mix to keep us guessing and wholly engaged.

A thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable initiation. I profess myself converted.

Highly Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loreen-Heal, 2 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Heal (Audio CD)
I'm one of those people that still watch Eurovision year after year, and the moment I heard Sweden's entry in this year's contest, Loreen's "Euphoria", I knew that I would be getting her album when it came out. Being a fan of both Scandinavian (make that Swedish) pop and throaty-voiced female singers, Loreen was right up my alley. When Heal was announced, I immediately pre-ordered it. As I expected, I was not disappointed.

For those of you (and I'm sure there are many) who will get this album based on the strength of "Euphoria" (which gets a haunting string intro here), it might be surprising to learn that Loreen the singer is not all about belting at full volume. Opener "In my head" is more subtle than I ever would've expected, all futuristic electronic pulse and weightless vocal delivery. That's not to say that there's no belting at all; far from it. But, aside from the passionate performance in "Euphoria", the showier vocal turns serve only to remind us that Loreen can sing. The vocal pyrotechnics, while impressive, don't really provide any sort of emotional emphasis. Lyrically, the album has its' ups and downs, and while there are occasional flashes of evocative songwriting ("Like a moon you pull me to the shore/But I can't be your ocean anymore" definitely qualifies), they are buried in formulaic takes on love and break up.

But, fair enough: this is a debut after all. And when Loreen hits her target, she does so splendidly. The spine-chilling atmospherics of "Everytime", the epic desperation of "Crying out your name" and the slightly soulful vibe of the title track are all excellent. The production remains strong and tight throughout, with previous singles "My heart is refusing me" and "Sober" (which have, for better or worse, been remixed for inclusion on this album) being the obvious club highlights, and "Do we even matter" and the standout "Everytime" working beautifully as the downtempo moments. Loreen's presence makes the average songs good and the good ones better; she's definitely a gifted vocalist, and it'll be interesting to follow her development in the future.

Overall: if you like electronic music, and if you liked "Euphoria", you'll probably like Heal. It has its' flaws, but like any good debut shows a lot of promise and potential.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Album..., 26 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Heal (Audio CD)
This album is amazing. I watched Eurovision and Euphoria was definitely the best song in the competition so i decided to give the album a chance. Its completely different from the kind of music i usually listen to but ive literally listened to it everyday since i got it and ive found Euphoria is the song i listen to least as the other songs are so great. Dont be put of buying this because of the Eurovision connection. Its completely not what you would expect and sounds nothing like cheesy europop. This is a mature, well written album that im going to enjoy for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite album right now!, 28 Nov. 2012
L. Goodwin (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heal (Audio CD)
I dont usually listen to dance music but Loreen's album is something else! I came across her on amazon while I was looking for something to listen to. She has an incredible voice and there isnt a single song on this album that i could dislike. As well as uptempo dance tracks, there are a few slower songs which i am obsessed with! 'Everytime' is the best track on the album (cant really choose but i do play that one on repeat ALL the time!)... Her songs take you from a beginning of a new love to an end of a relationship. Quite emotional and the last song 'Heal' ends the album perfectly. Cant wait for ner next album...Im a new fan :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FIRST ALBUM, 12 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Heal (Audio CD)
I really like Euphoria so bought the album and was not dissapointed. There are few ballads and maybe there could be more uptempo songs, but ballads are strong, upbeat songs are great and her voice is very nice. I just love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Loreen!, 14 Nov. 2012
M. J. Druce "Drucey" (Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heal (Audio CD)
Ive been a big fan of Loreen ever since Euphoria and Eurovision! I waited eagerley for this album, and I was not dissapointed. Loreens voice really is incredible and there is a real mixture of tracks from dance like tracks such as 'Euphoria' to more emotional slow songs such as 'Sober'. Loreen uses her past experiences to release a variety of songs to which I think many people can relate to!

The album itself includes 3 remastered already released tracks, 'Euphoria', 'My heart is refusing me' and 'Sober', plus 9 all new hits.

A real must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait!, 4 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Heal (Audio CD)
After loving Euphoria as the Eurovision winner, it's been a long wait for an album. After listening to some other songs from Loreen on YouTube, as soon as the album had a release date and available from Amazon I placed the order. Well, I never judge an album on my first listen and now a week in and several listenings, it has grown on me and it is absolutely brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars MAGIC!!!, 10 Nov. 2012
Antok Andrianto (Kudus, Indonesia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heal (Audio CD)
Euphoria is one of the reason why I bought this album, since the victory @ Eurovision Song Contest 2012. I'm Indonesian, but I watched the show, and love her performance.
My Fave Tracks :
- In My Head
- My Heart Is Refusing Me
- Euphoria
- Sober
- Crying Out Your Name
- Breaking The Robot
Loreen's music is influenced by enigma, there are so many "mysteries" in every single track. Electro Pop, Euro, Harmony Vocals, in "Dark" Nuance Reminds me the style of MDNA's in Frozen.
Trust me, buy this album, and u'll get the real european taste of her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 25 April 2014
Ms. C. Downes (Huyton, Liverpool United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heal (Audio CD)
This is my favourite album of all time - not a bad song on it.
Just cannot wait for the next one. Wish she would tour the uk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Euphoric, 2 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Heal (Audio CD)
As the title suggests this album is an amazing debut from Eurovision winner Loreen. There are many standout tracks on the album and i will give a breakdown of the songs on this amazing album. My friend recommended Loreen since he is a massive Eurovision fan so i decided to give it a go and it turns out Loreen is my favourite Eurovision artist

In My Head- Great opener to the album with its dance ready beat
My Heart Is Refusing Me- If you loved Euphoria then you will love this song it contains the greatest melody i have heard
Everytime- My favourite ballad on the album and i love her voice
Euphoria- Possibly my favourite track on the album and a worthy eurovision winning song
Crying Out Your Name- Another great song with amazing vocals
Do We Even Matter- Love the beat behind this song :)
Sidewalk- Again i love the vocals for this song
Sober- I'm a bit mixed with this song
If She's The One- Love the emotion that is heard in the vocals of Loreen you can genuinely feel heartbreak
Breaking Robot- Another great song to listen to