4.0 out of 5 stars Handy
This is the best buggy we've tried (and believe we have tried many! This was our buggy number 12!). We have now used this aroud six months, with kids aged 1,5y and 3,5y now. I'll list some observations we've made with this:

Good:
+ large wheels to move around softly even if there is more than few flakes snow
+ swivel wheel in front makes moving...
Published 10 months ago by Häkkinen family

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely unusable with two children
Published on 6 Nov 2012 by kaskade

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 2 Feb 2014

Good:
+ large wheels to move around softly even if there is more than few flakes snow
+ swivel wheel in front makes moving easier
+ buggy is not heavy to lift up on bus etc.
+ as tandem buggy this is quite small
+ removable backseat
+ front seat gets fully flat to comfort sleeping
+ when big sister mostly wants to walk, there is plenty of space in the back seat to all the shoppings
+ large canopy protects from sun and lights
+ back seat cover protects kid in back seat, althought it could fit in place when back seat is "opened" for more space/sleeping position too, because that's when you need the protect most.

Bad:
- quite heavy and big when folded if you need to lift these into boot (we don't have have car, so that's no problem to us)
- front wheel is lockable, but lock is really sticky to use and we usually go lock open
- basket is very small and when back seat is in use, there are kids legs, so there is no room for shopping etc.
- basket is attached with a couple of snaps which tend to open if kid load too much pressure on it for example in getting onto seat...
- ... With the result that the actual basket teared broken in about a week or so (and our backseater is lighter build, around 10-12kg)
- when front seat is flat, the seat is just on back seaters face
- canopy gets displaced a bit too easily (actually i don't quite get, why it needs to be separate)
- in these 6 months of use the chassis has warped enough to be noticeably crooked despite normal use

All in all despite these small issues it's a good buggy for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely unusable with two children, 6 Nov 2012
In the last two years I have used 9 different buggys and strollers. I have a 22 month old and an 8 month old and I bought the hauck freerider because I felt the phil and teds and love n care tandem strollers had very little room for the child in the back seat. The hauck looked like a great option. It looks great and it is light. Also unlike some other tandems I really likes how the front seat could be put into full upright position as my daughter did not like being reclined at all and wanted to see the world.

At first I loved it. I only ever had one child in it at a time and it was great. Then I brought it into the city one day with my two daughters. The oldest weights 11kgs and the youngest is 8kgs, both well below the 15kg limit for each seat. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the buggy as I could not turn it no matter what I did. I got stuck in shops where random strangers had to help me lift the front of the buggy around corners as I could not move it at all. On further testing with my husband we realised that once the 11kg child was in the front there was too much weight on the front wheel to allow it to turn and it became totally unmanageable. There were also major issues when it came to lifting the front wheel to mount a kerb. To me this is a normal every day task for a buggy but in the freerider the chassis/frame flexes and if feels like the the handlebar will actually snap with the force that is put on it when it is being used to lever the front wheel up. The more I used this buggy the more problems I found with it. The main seat recline would get stuck and have to be forced to release it. The hood would disconnect and fall off is somebody brushed against the buggy, the stability of the buggy if you were pushing it on a horizontal slant was terrible and it required a lot of physical strength to stop the buggy from veering off and down the slant, The plastic connectors that were used to join the back seat to the frame twisted off position and became loose.

In general this buggy may be cheap but it is not good being cheap if it cannot perform the function of pushing two children. I wouldn't even like to imagine how bad it would be with two children of 15kg each as I tested it with babies who made up only 2/3 of the allowable weight.

I would not recommend this as a double buggy.

3.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: hauck Freerider Double Buggy (Black) (Baby Product)
if you want a cheap new double buggy then this is great but it is hard to push and feels very flimsy if you are going up and down curbs, its a great size with plenty of room for the 2nd child and as the wheels are solid you don't have the concern of punctures. If you are getting a buggy that you use a lot then I wold spend a bit more money and make life easier but cant complain for the price

1.0 out of 5 stars Cowboy Traders, 21 Mar 2014
This Company Used threatening behavior to us because the could not get it right we had to have the police at our house He Travelled
all the way from wolverampton to Huddersfield to collect His Double buggy. Amazon gave us our money back, and when Amazon claimed it back off BABY TRAVEL The proprietor used abusive and threatening behavior towards us, he could have just sent a returns slip and we would have returned the goods But we were given no option but to report this to the POLICE he made lots of threats and now we live in fear Keep away from this trader (that is if they are still trading on Amazon)

1.0 out of 5 stars useless and dangerous, 23 May 2013
Mrs. Joni Rees "joni" (midlands uk) - See all my reviews
I bought this double to use with two 14 month old girls ( I am a childminder) On paper it looked great, but the reality was much different. It was really difficult to get this pushchair up the curb with to 14 month olds in it. I also hoped it would be useful as a single pushchair, allowing me to rid myself of several others I have lying around.
I WAS WRONG. THIS PUSHCHAIR IS DANGEROUS. I took out the rear seat and used it with my daughter in the front seat. She weighs 11kg. 8 houses down the road, the pushchair FELL OVER. I was honestly just strolling down the pavement. Every driveway was a struggle, but this one must have been extreme. IT FELL OVER with my daughter in it and I couldn't do anything to stop it. I strained my leg trying to stop it and managed to slow it some, but IT FELL OVER. I am disgusted and upset that this pushchair is on the market at all. I shall try and get my money back, but doubt it as it has been used. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. I walk the same route twice a day and have never had an issue with a pushchair in 8 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars great purchase, 28 Sep 2012
realy easy to use at first it looked too big but it is realy light and it look good my kids enjoy it because they ve got enought room the only let down is the basket which is a bit small for a double pram.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauck Freerider in Line Tandem Double Buggy, 17 May 2013
Excellent value for money a lot less than Phil & Ted's and does the same job. Nice looking and collapsable, although that takes a bit of getting used to, it could do with being simpler to collapse - my only grumble.

2.0 out of 5 stars My experience about this product, 25 Dec 2013
In fact I have bought this product, it works good during the first weeks then the front wheel dose not turn in specific when my children inside it when I decide to turn which make driving this product risky specially when I decide to cross the main road so I make decision to return it.

1.0 out of 5 stars hard to get my son out the bottom seat and as he comes out he brushes against the wheel so he gets dirty, small shopping basket, 10 Dec 2014
such a difficult pram hard to fold up, hard to get my son out the bottom seat and as he comes out he brushes against the wheel so he gets dirty, small shopping basket only fits the child's feet in i only gave it 1 star because its the lowest i could go i would not recommend to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Pram, 26 Nov 2014
I bought this pram to take my eldest to nursery, I have 3 under 3 so this pram is wonderful. Easy to push, can be a little heavy if I am honest but great value and easy to move about with. Great that is comes with a free raincover too :)

hauck Freerider Double Buggy (Black)