Price:£0.99

on 15 February 2013
Sometimes difficult to find songs primary school children find exciting to listen to but that have suitable lyrics. This fits the bill. The style is a bit retro but cool. You can hear the classic James Bond theme in the accompaniment. It's good for illustrating music building to a climax. Adele sounds great too.
on 21 December 2013
So you're watching "Skyfall" for the first time, and getting really worked up over a REALLY exciting chase involving 007 and a bad guy on motorbikes, then on top of a train... a gunshot rings out... then the opening titles sequence starts and Adele's music swims up to you like a current out of the ocean... and you suddenly realise that your dream has come true - it's 2013, but here is a REAL James Bond song, just like you remember - as strong, lush and gorgeous as the ones you heard when you used to see James Bond in the cinema when you were a kid... A fabulous start to a great movie. Thanks, Adele!
on 2 June 2013
I think this is one of the best Bond songs I've ever heard. I love the simplicity of the piano combined with Adele's crystal clear, powerful vocal. Simply fabulous!
on 15 March 2013
What can I say... I think Adele is terrific not only does she have a superb voice, she is also a very personable girl loved by those who have met her. Even in a Motorway café she'll sit and chat with other diners. No airs and graces.

So why then, you ask, only four stars. The Skyfall theme tune was most definitely BOND more than ADELE and didn't reach the standard she set on 21. Of course, this is only my opinion and you might feel differently.

The fact is...I still bought it AFTER hearing it.
on 6 May 2013
I think there will be probably more enduring Bond movie theme's than this one, but its one that certainly ridden the crest of the wave by following on from Adele's proliffic success with "21" and on the aback of Skyfall being the 50th anniversary bond film.

It is good, but the I do find the phrasing a bit elongated ("skyfalllll", "crummbbbbllle")

I would class it as an impact song however, and have used it as an opener to my "1921" Adele playlist, in the absence of an impact song from "19".
on 2 March 2014
I can understand why this may not be everyone's cup of tea (it's Ralph Lauren rather than Jean Paul Gaultier) but from the moment I first heard it in the cinema I fell in love with it. The music and arrangement are classic Bond, and Adele's voice is beautiful including the individual pronunciation. I also really like the production - unusually for modern track it has real dynamic range (quiet bits and loud bits) - perhaps because it was made for film?
on 8 March 2013
It was with a great sense of excitment that I heard that Adele was to sing the theme tune to Skyfall. When I first heard the song I thought, it's quite good, nothing amazing. As a song, it really does grow on you. Adele's smokey tones really do suit this almost (dare i say it?) bond-by-numbers theme. Not that the song is weak, I think there are better ones, but in the context of the film and the James Bond Canon, this is fabulous.
on 11 January 2016
As "Bond theme's" go, this is my favourite by far. Adele produces a powerful pop ballad that follows in the footsteps of "Dame Shirley Bassey" Gold finger, Diamonds are forever etc,
The theme works perfectly with the opening sequence and graphics and leads us brilliantly into the early plot of the film.
How she did not get a UK number 1 with this classic is well beyond me!.
on 20 January 2013
The song is flawless. I was actually really sceptical when I heard Adele got this gig, but this blew me away.

The .mp3 was not of as a high quality as what I got from the ripped CD version. That's to be expected of course, but the download just lacks the punch of the 'hard copy' or even streaming in HD. If you want the best quality I recommend the CD version then rip it.
on 10 July 2013
Obviously I like the song and so my review is based on the purchase rather than the tune. The service is easy to use, find what you want and click. There is also the chance to pull ot of the transaction prior to completion should you need to. I found it very easy to get exactly what I was looking for and so search engine must work well. The sound quality is excellent as well.