5.0 out of 5 stars School children love it!
Sometimes difficult to find songs primary school children find exciting to listen to but that have suitable lyrics. This fits the bill. The style is a bit retro but cool. You can hear the classic James Bond theme in the accompaniment. It's good for illustrating music building to a climax. Adele sounds great too.
Published on 15 Feb. 2013 by KathyMM

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not the best Bond movie theme
I think there will be probably more enduring Bond movie theme's than this one, but its one that certainly ridden the crest of the wave by following on from Adele's proliffic success with "21" and on the aback of Skyfall being the 50th anniversary bond film.

It is good, but the I do find the phrasing a bit elongated ("skyfalllll", "crummbbbbllle")

I...
Published on 6 May 2013 by JKM

5.0 out of 5 stars School children love it!, 15 Feb. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect mix of 60s style and modern 007 impact, 21 Dec. 2013
mr r mitchell (Gloucestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skyfall (MP3 Download)
So you're watching "Skyfall" for the first time, and getting really worked up over a REALLY exciting chase involving 007 and a bad guy on motorbikes, then on top of a train... a gunshot rings out... then the opening titles sequence starts and Adele's music swims up to you like a current out of the ocean... and you suddenly realise that your dream has come true - it's 2013, but here is a REAL James Bond song, just like you remember - as strong, lush and gorgeous as the ones you heard when you used to see James Bond in the cinema when you were a kid... A fabulous start to a great movie. Thanks, Adele!

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic?, 8 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Skyfall (MP3 Download)
As Bond themes go, there's no disputing that this is up there with the best - It's clearly British; has strong vocal performance; and fits well with a 'modernised' Bond film without losing that classic edge.

However, there is seething missing. Somehow, this song lacks the drama that I would execrbfr a theme to a film like this. The introduction of a brass section could easily provide this.

Despite this, there's no denying that this is a great Bond theme up there with the best. I'd it a classic though? You'll have to judge for yourselves on that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb voice and catchy piano, 2 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Skyfall (MP3 Download)
I think this is one of the best Bond songs I've ever heard. I love the simplicity of the piano combined with Adele's crystal clear, powerful vocal. Simply fabulous!

4.0 out of 5 stars Adele!!, 15 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Skyfall (MP3 Download)
What can I say... I think Adele is terrific not only does she have a superb voice, she is also a very personable girl loved by those who have met her. Even in a Motorway café she'll sit and chat with other diners. No airs and graces.

So why then, you ask, only four stars. The Skyfall theme tune was most definitely BOND more than ADELE and didn't reach the standard she set on 21. Of course, this is only my opinion and you might feel differently.

The fact is...I still bought it AFTER hearing it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not the best Bond movie theme, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Skyfall (MP3 Download)

I would class it as an impact song however, and have used it as an opener to my "1921" Adele playlist, in the absence of an impact song from "19".

4.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 21 April 2015
This review is from: Skyfall (MP3 Download)
A kind of comeback for Adele, when this song was first released it was incredible and still is now. Most people will have formed their own opinion of Adele by now but if you haven't just go listen to all her songs now and then finishing it off in the ultimate climax of Skyfall. With the same amount of detail (I don't know the musical term for 'detail') of any other Adele song, this is an incredible track. I'm not a music critic so this doesn't seem too helpful but it really is a great track

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Bond theme, 2 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Skyfall (MP3 Download)
I can understand why this may not be everyone's cup of tea (it's Ralph Lauren rather than Jean Paul Gaultier) but from the moment I first heard it in the cinema I fell in love with it. The music and arrangement are classic Bond, and Adele's voice is beautiful including the individual pronunciation. I also really like the production - unusually for modern track it has real dynamic range (quiet bits and loud bits) - perhaps because it was made for film?

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good James Bond theme tune, 8 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Skyfall (MP3 Download)
It was with a great sense of excitment that I heard that Adele was to sing the theme tune to Skyfall. When I first heard the song I thought, it's quite good, nothing amazing. As a song, it really does grow on you. Adele's smokey tones really do suit this almost (dare i say it?) bond-by-numbers theme. Not that the song is weak, I think there are better ones, but in the context of the film and the James Bond Canon, this is fabulous.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best Bond Theme of all time?, 20 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Skyfall (MP3 Download)
The song is flawless. I was actually really sceptical when I heard Adele got this gig, but this blew me away.

The .mp3 was not of as a high quality as what I got from the ripped CD version. That's to be expected of course, but the download just lacks the punch of the 'hard copy' or even streaming in HD. If you want the best quality I recommend the CD version then rip it.

Skyfall