5.0 out of 5 stars Walking Wellington Boots.
Published 10 months ago by Dover

1.0 out of 5 stars These are not of standard sizing
Published 6 months ago by Redwing

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking Wellington Boots., 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Aigle Unisex-Adult Parcours 2 Wellington Boots (Shoes)
Bought these wellington boots to replace an old pair of Hunters. Just spent a weekend on the Somerset /Devon border and walked over 12 miles in these boots. Ground was so wet, I left my walking boots behind and chose to walk in my new wellingtons. Found them comfortable even in difficult terrain. I did worry about what size I should choose but opted for my usual shoe size. There was room enough in the boots to comfortably wear a pair of thick socks.

4.0 out of 5 stars At last... comfy wellies!, 10 Dec 2014
So I decided that I wanted some new wellies for Xmas for walking the dogs. I had thought that I'd get some Hunters but after reading numerous bad reviews on them, I looked around & came across the Aigle Parcours 2. In line with other comments, these are without a doubt the comfiest wellies that I have ever tried. I usually don't like walking in wellies as they are hard under foot, you normally have to put on extra socks so your feet don't turn into blocks of ice, the boot always seems in dig in above the ankle when your walking & unless you're in ankle deep mud, the grip on the sole is non existent. Not so with these beauties. Sad I know but I'm actually in love with some wellies. The rubber is soooo supple, the foot bed is soooo comfortable & they've got super chunky grips underneath. I was unsure on the sizing as I'm a UK size 6 and they only come in a UK 5.5 or UK 6.5 so ordered both to be on the safe side. The UK 5.5 is actually an EU 39 which is (and always has been) a UK 6 in my books so they were the best fit. The only reason I returned them was that I went for the Parcours ISO version with the neoprene lining as I always have cold feet. For only a few quid more than Hunters, these are way more superior. Can't wait until it's muddy on my walks!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good boots, 23 Feb 2013
Mr. C. G. Veitch (UK) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a good pair of wellington boots to get me through a winter and to use as a walking boot through the year. They are fantastic boots, really comfortable with great support, so your feet don't get tired. A great buy and brilliant service as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars These are not of standard sizing, 2 Jun 2014
I am a size 5 (to 6 in a few makes of footwear) but these size 5s are far too big and my feet wallow around in them even with boot socks and sole inserts. I went to a local shop and tried the size 4 but my toes just touched the end so decided not to risk ordering the smaller size. They are also very heavy and tiring to wear. The shape of the foot is rather pointed so bruised my two smallest toes whenever I went downhill and my foot slid to the front of the boot.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent versatile boots, 8 Feb 2014
Excellent,versatile boot.little bit roomy on your reg size.worth paying for insulated version if poss,if not parcour2 v.v.gd.top product n quality;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dogs Doodahs, 7 Feb 2014
Extremely well made and with half sizing available ensures a perfect fit. Not cheap but well worth the outlay.Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars aigle wellingtons, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Aigle Unisex-Adult Parcours 2 Wellington Boots (Shoes)
I love my new wellingtons they fit really well and very comfy with next day delivery great cant fault it at all 1 very happy lady..

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible comfort - shape different to old parcours, 9 Feb 2013
Fairy Godmother (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I ordered a pair of these elsewhere, on my mission to find wellingtons that had supreme comfort for walking in and weren't too heavy. I had tried the original Parcours in both ISO and standard. The original ISO were very comfortable, but I couldn't get the fit right and they were too heavy for me. The original standard ones weren't cushioned enough.

So I tried these. Firstly I will say - they are supremely comfortable - they have a soft cushioned insole, similar to that in the ISO, but with the standard leg lining. I ordered a size bigger, so I could fit an orthotic insole (I have Morton's neuromas so need the cushioning just right, as well as a flexible sole, which Aigle wellies have). I normally take a size 7 in boots, and ordered these in an 8 (after finding the 7's in the ISO were too big, but too tight if I wore extra socks.

The 8 in these was just right, with two pairs of socks - a light pair and a thick pair. I did find getting the fit a bit difficult though, as these are a different shape to the old Parcours. The foot seems shallower and less room on top near the ankle - plus the ankle is wider and the boot didn't grip the ankle so well. So - with two pairs of thick socks they gripped well - but were too tight on top and this started to feel painful. I think I have it sussed with a light pair of socks plus one thick pair (meaning they are not too tight on top) plus a leather half insole in the heel, which stops them slipping at the back.

The cushioning is so good, I don't need the orthotic insole. If it wasn't for that I would have to say I preferred the original parcours boot, because the sole felt better for walking in than this one and the foot shape and ankle was better. Plus, when on, these don't look to different from any other wellington, whereas the original Parcours looked a bit special. But maybe I'm just splitting hairs. What I wanted, and I think what these give, is supreme foot comfort and cushioning, with a good walking sole and not too much weight. I actually prefer standard wellies and thick socks to the neoprene lining. Having said that, before I finally decide to keep these I have ordered the original Parcours ISO in a size 40 (six and a half to seven) instead of the 41 I originally tried, to see if I can get a good fit with them without extra socks. I already know I don't need an insole, as the cushioning in the ISO insole is also good.

For anyone who gets painful feet, I can recommend this standard Parcours 2 - they look good, feel good, are reasonably light and very comfortable. More than the original standard Parcours.

But - the heel maybe loose, meaning you will need thick socks and therefore probably need to go up a size, as I did. If the heel still slips, try the half insole in the heel as I did.

They are now available in brown, which I have, and think it looks better than the dark green which is called 'bronze'.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a con on the pricing Amazon!, 10 Jan 2014
Green Fairy (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Ordered these 8th Jan size 6.5 at a cost of £47.76

Despite carefully choosing what size to go for (I'm a Hunter 6 but Aigle only come in half sizes so to go up or down?) I decided to go up to the 6.5.

Arrived today (10th Jan) and are a big fit (but seem good boots). No problem, I'll swap for a size 5.5 even though I'm a bit concerned that they might be too small.

On attempting to complete the online returns form I find that I can't send them back for a replacement pair - will only swap if there's 'something wrong' with them. So I have to do a return (paying for heavy postage) and place a new separate order.

So, on trying to place a 'new' order for size 5.5 I find the price has gone up in just 2 days from £47.76 to £84.48, yet for another 'new order' for a size 6.5 the price would be £50.83!!!! Am obviously not happy. What's going on Amazon?

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and good-looking boots, 14 Oct 2014
K. Proudfoot (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
Having tried Hunters and cheap garden centre boots, which all developed splits after about a couple of years, I decided to spend more for better quality. Tried Le Chameau first, but their ladies boots were too tight for my wide feet – thank goodness for Amazon free delivery and returns! Moved on to Aigle, and this unisex style, which is perfect. They are a good height (almost knee-high, 'Bronze' is a beautiful subtle dark greenish colour, and they are nice and roomy for my feet. In fact they are so roomy I wear them with an insulating insole and an extra pair of socks, which also keep my feet warm. I'm usually UK 7.5, but bought these in 7.

They have a good solid feel to them and the rubber feels much more substantial than that used by Hunters. Hopefully they will last and last!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›