5.0 out of 5 stars Walking Wellington Boots.
Published 6 months ago by Dover

1.0 out of 5 stars These are not of standard sizing
Published 3 months ago by Redwing

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking Wellington Boots., 11 Feb 2014
Bought these wellington boots to replace an old pair of Hunters. Just spent a weekend on the Somerset /Devon border and walked over 12 miles in these boots. Ground was so wet, I left my walking boots behind and chose to walk in my new wellingtons. Found them comfortable even in difficult terrain. I did worry about what size I should choose but opted for my usual shoe size. There was room enough in the boots to comfortably wear a pair of thick socks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good boots, 23 Feb 2013
Mr. C. G. Veitch (UK) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a good pair of wellington boots to get me through a winter and to use as a walking boot through the year. They are fantastic boots, really comfortable with great support, so your feet don't get tired. A great buy and brilliant service as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent versatile boots, 8 Feb 2014
Excellent,versatile boot.little bit roomy on your reg size.worth paying for insulated version if poss,if not parcour2 v.v.gd.top product n quality;-)

1.0 out of 5 stars These are not of standard sizing, 2 Jun 2014
I am a size 5 (to 6 in a few makes of footwear) but these size 5s are far too big and my feet wallow around in them even with boot socks and sole inserts. I went to a local shop and tried the size 4 but my toes just touched the end so decided not to risk ordering the smaller size. They are also very heavy and tiring to wear. The shape of the foot is rather pointed so bruised my two smallest toes whenever I went downhill and my foot slid to the front of the boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dogs Doodahs, 7 Feb 2014
Extremely well made and with half sizing available ensures a perfect fit. Not cheap but well worth the outlay.Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars aigle wellingtons, 6 Feb 2014
I love my new wellingtons they fit really well and very comfy with next day delivery great cant fault it at all 1 very happy lady..

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible comfort - shape different to old parcours, 9 Feb 2013
Fairy Godmother (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I ordered a pair of these elsewhere, on my mission to find wellingtons that had supreme comfort for walking in and weren't too heavy. I had tried the original Parcours in both ISO and standard. The original ISO were very comfortable, but I couldn't get the fit right and they were too heavy for me. The original standard ones weren't cushioned enough.

So I tried these. Firstly I will say - they are supremely comfortable - they have a soft cushioned insole, similar to that in the ISO, but with the standard leg lining. I ordered a size bigger, so I could fit an orthotic insole (I have Morton's neuromas so need the cushioning just right, as well as a flexible sole, which Aigle wellies have). I normally take a size 7 in boots, and ordered these in an 8 (after finding the 7's in the ISO were too big, but too tight if I wore extra socks.

The 8 in these was just right, with two pairs of socks - a light pair and a thick pair. I did find getting the fit a bit difficult though, as these are a different shape to the old Parcours. The foot seems shallower and less room on top near the ankle - plus the ankle is wider and the boot didn't grip the ankle so well. So - with two pairs of thick socks they gripped well - but were too tight on top and this started to feel painful. I think I have it sussed with a light pair of socks plus one thick pair (meaning they are not too tight on top) plus a leather half insole in the heel, which stops them slipping at the back.

The cushioning is so good, I don't need the orthotic insole. If it wasn't for that I would have to say I preferred the original parcours boot, because the sole felt better for walking in than this one and the foot shape and ankle was better. Plus, when on, these don't look to different from any other wellington, whereas the original Parcours looked a bit special. But maybe I'm just splitting hairs. What I wanted, and I think what these give, is supreme foot comfort and cushioning, with a good walking sole and not too much weight. I actually prefer standard wellies and thick socks to the neoprene lining. Having said that, before I finally decide to keep these I have ordered the original Parcours ISO in a size 40 (six and a half to seven) instead of the 41 I originally tried, to see if I can get a good fit with them without extra socks. I already know I don't need an insole, as the cushioning in the ISO insole is also good.

For anyone who gets painful feet, I can recommend this standard Parcours 2 - they look good, feel good, are reasonably light and very comfortable. More than the original standard Parcours.

But - the heel maybe loose, meaning you will need thick socks and therefore probably need to go up a size, as I did. If the heel still slips, try the half insole in the heel as I did.

They are now available in brown, which I have, and think it looks better than the dark green which is called 'bronze'.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a con on the pricing Amazon!, 10 Jan 2014
Green Fairy (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Ordered these 8th Jan size 6.5 at a cost of 47.76

Despite carefully choosing what size to go for (I'm a Hunter 6 but Aigle only come in half sizes so to go up or down?) I decided to go up to the 6.5.

Arrived today (10th Jan) and are a big fit (but seem good boots). No problem, I'll swap for a size 5.5 even though I'm a bit concerned that they might be too small.

On attempting to complete the online returns form I find that I can't send them back for a replacement pair - will only swap if there's 'something wrong' with them. So I have to do a return (paying for heavy postage) and place a new separate order.

So, on trying to place a 'new' order for size 5.5 I find the price has gone up in just 2 days from 47.76 to 84.48, yet for another 'new order' for a size 6.5 the price would be 50.83!!!! Am obviously not happy. What's going on Amazon?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great wellies, 13 Aug 2014
Andr3w (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This is the first time I have bought expensive wellies and it's the first time my feet don't hurt when wearing them! The fit and the cushioned sole are really marvellous. I wouldn't go walking long distances even in these wellies but instead would use my hiking boots as they are much more supportive and hold your foot tighter. But for really wet weather and mud underfoot for modest distances these are going to be great. I like them.

The fit is ideal for me as I am a 10.5 and it is hard to get a half size in other brands. That's why I chose this brand. The fit allows space for a thick pair of socks.

I have not tried any other brand of expensive wellies so I can't give an authoritative review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boots, 11 Aug 2014
I'd recommend these boots to anyone who needs really comfortable wellies. I use them for dog walking on the fell everyday, as the walks usually involve crossing the river and I've never found more comfortable or longer lasting boots. The French don't do much that is better than we do in the UK, but they definitely make the very best wellies!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›