5.0 out of 5 stars Some genuine LOL moments.
This book had me chuckling all the way through, the bitter divorcee protagonist encounters many unintentionally comical situations that simultaneously recall both The Office and Alan Partridge, of which this seems to be heavily inspired (which is no bad thing).

Published 22 months ago by Roger B

3.0 out of 5 stars Rude!
i myself have no probs with rude books but tim collons only used to write teen books like diary of a wimpy vampire but thiscwascrude. i mean, from self concious teenage vampires to a moody bloke who calls kittens 'Freeloading b#stards', wow, tim. just wow.
Published 4 months ago by Trish Watkins

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Some genuine LOL moments., 5 Nov 2012

He's not really a grumpy old git, but someone at odds with many aspects of modern life. Facebook, management-speak, feral youths, carrier bags in shops, cashpoints, mobile phones, the list is long yet familiar, but the anti-hero does just enough to keep you rooting for him.

Some of the comical exchanges of dialogue are so memorable that I doubt I'll ever forget them. In summary, I enjoyed it so much that I was genuinely disappointed when I finished it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 8 Feb 2013
A. E. Moth - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diary of a Grumpy Old Git: Getting through life one rant at a time (Kindle Edition)
Just Enjoyed it easy to get in to
It made me happy to be a grumpy old git as well

5.0 out of 5 stars Diary of a Grumpy Old Git, 23 Jan 2013
A brilliant read, very funny writer and I would recommend this to anyone who wants cheering up this time of year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, couldn't put it down., 23 Jan 2013
I purchased this book because it was on special with Kindle and it sounded interesting.
Having long been the subject matter of the title, how could I resist?
From the first page it was impossible to put down, finished all too soon, and left me wanting to know more.
It had a compelling narrative, and was full of laugh out loud moments.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice easy read, 17 Jan 2013
Being on a rather grumpy side myself I loved reading this book.gave me quite a few giggles and can totally relate to so many everyday annoying things.wish it was a little longer though

5.0 out of 5 stars Grumpy and Funny, 11 Jan 2013
This is a funny one - it's about a miserable, divorced man sinking into middle age (but at least he still has a full head of hair!)- who finds himself out of sorts with the twentysomethings in his office, whose wife has left him for a man called Brad, and who is bullied by an old school foe. I was surprised to realise it is about two hundred pages long as I was quite disappointed to find I had finished it so quickly - a sign of a good book. Also, it actually ends in April - I thought it would go on for an enitre year. One can only hope the alter ego of this grumpy old man will soon produce volume two.

4.0 out of 5 stars Grumps we can all share, 5 Jan 2013
A really good read with at least one 'grump' that I'm sure we can all relate to!

For me, it was in relation to phoning in sick and having to use a fake sounding voice even when you're genuinely ill! "I can only hope, that one day, civilisation advances enough for us to accept that our voices don't really change much when we're ill and we can all speak normally when we call in sick". So true!

Well worth a read, I just wish it had been a bit longer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rude!, 19 May 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing read, 3 Jan 2014
Andrew J. Wright (Spilsby, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Had high hopes for this book. Don't get me wrong it is very well written but just was not very humorous and seemed to stop mid flow. I thought you may have got a full year of the diary not just a few months.

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it, 16 Nov 2013
And look forward to part two. Not sure why eleven more words are required. Six even. Four even. Two even.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›