on 1 March 2013
Mary has written a version of the Merlin Trilogy of books which is a joy to read. A fictional story that has been well researched fitting in true historical fact as much as possible. Where she has deviated from the normal legend as we know it today, she has told us where the characters and places she has invented at the end of every book.
A most enjoyable read.
on 19 March 2013
I first read these when I was about 12 but decided to give them a reread. 40 years later they still hold the magic that I found the first time round. Not many books appeal to when you are a child and still appeal when you are (much) older. I know I am seeking different aspects of the story now but still magical.
on 12 March 2013
I read the first 2 books in this series many years ago. I'm delighted to have the set now, so I'm looking forward to catching up with it.
on 4 December 2014
Read the first three books many years ago. Enjoyed them then, and they are still just as enthralling. Have started again from beginning. Wasn't aware of the last to books in the series. Watching the DVD's got me back into Merlin. Hard to put down once started.
on 17 January 2013
I have only read the first book but I`m very very pleased with the purchase. I adore fantasy and mythical stories and if that`s your cup of tea, you won`t be disappointed.
on 30 July 2013
Books arrived in good condition and quickly. They are very good value and are well written and an excellent read, for all those interested in the Athurian Legends.
on 28 January 2013
A nice set of books, arrived speedily - very good value, an excellent writer is Mary Stewart. Gripping yarns to be recommended.
on 9 May 2014
What a great set of books to buy, sent quickly, very good value and many happy hours have been spent readind them.
on 5 October 2015
Bought as a present and it was gratefully received, this means I can now have my own set back!
on 2 August 2015
very well received by the person who I gave them to as a present