5.0 out of 5 stars Can we love one another?
I liked this book because it makes a erudite contribution to exploring collegiality or lack of it in the Catholic church . It also asks the question is there a forum for laity/hierarchy discussion of modern day issues. Mary McAleese backs the contents of her book with good scholarship while expressing the passion and integrity of her beliefs.
Published 18 months ago by Eileen Howard

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard going
Published 16 months ago by Jimser10

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard going, 8 April 2013
I heard Mary McAleese being interviewed on radio and decided that I'd like to get her book. While the radio interview was a delight, the book was not. I have books all over my house and like nothing better than a good read but Quo Vadis was very tough going. I wanted an insight into canon law and collegiality in the church but several times I put the book down in despair. As far as I could see, practically every paragraph had references and if I was going to check these out I'd never finish the book. In fact, I didn't finish the whole book. I did something I've never done in my life and gave up before I got to the end. I found the book too convoluted and confusing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defining collegiality, 15 Nov 2013
At long last someone with a well-informed legal background has examined the Documents of Vatican II and beyond and attempted to define collegiality among Roman Catholic bishops and how this relates to Papal authority. This is a detailed but cutting analysis, concluding both that the Catholic Church's documents do not yet define collegiality definitively (hence the tiitle Quo vadis?) and, from the documents themselves, evidence that informed lay people have a duty to 'make known to the pastors of the church their needs'. An excellent and timely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can we love one another?, 6 Feb 2013
Eileen Howard (southport UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mary McAleese's Quo Vadis?: Collegiality in the Code of Canon Law (Kindle Edition)